Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    i put a couple of pairs of Crocs in the entrance foyer....the burglars usually kill themselves tripping over them...
    Burglar would never get past the Lego ocean(s) on our floors without stirring the dog to eat their face off.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Can't remember where I saw it, but I read an article once where convicted burglars were interviewed about the sounds most likely to make them leave a home immediately. The top four were:

1) A shotgun being cocked
    2) A dog barking
    3) Home alarm going off
    4) A pistol being cocked.

It was interesting the difference between shotgun and pistol, since both will ruin your day, but there you have it.

My wife and I use a layered approach: home security system with real-time voice response (you know, where a person comes over the speaker asking you to identify yourself and supply the password), two dogs, and firearms. I doubt we'll ever have to get to the third layer, but if we do, I listened to the burglars and bought a shotgun. Our garage has been broken into twice, but never our house, thank God. They're welcome to the contents of the garage beer fridge, although I'd prefer they leave the good craft beers and take my sister-in-law's boyfriend's Bud Light.

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    Folks, I have deleted several posts that were starting to go down a public policy path. As a reminder, please do not post on matters of public policy, and please try to avoid steering legit thread discussions in that direction.

If you can discuss home security without going into an argument over the merits or lack thereof of gun ownership, please feel free. Otherwise, please move along to another thread.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”