Kids Dump Ice Water on Coach K

Coach K's nine grandkids, to be precise.

And all for a good cause.

Enjoy.

A number one, top of the list

Impeccable. Subtle recruiting (in front of Krzyzewskiville sign on campus - but no overt Duke references), professional video, includes grandkids, raises challenge/charitable cause to next level by challenging Team USA (which locks them in to his plan), scheduling the Team USA dunking at West Point with cadets dumping the water. Wearing Team USA shirt for dunking.

This is the guy I want planning the battle strategy for my army.

Dev11 is offline Commissioner of Statistics, DBR Podcast
    Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    This is the guy I want planning the battle strategy for my army.
    Sure, if my army is a basketball team or a marketing department. Coach K did his military service coaching basketball. I'd hope the army has maybe one or two better actual battle commanders

The video is perfect. Special shout for the child who tosses the towel at "Pappy" right before it fades out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dev11 View Post
    The video is perfect. Special shout for the child who tosses the towel at "Pappy" right before it fades out.
    Or the one who says "Do it again."

The lesson here? Coach K spends time with his grandchildren, unlike Roy Williams, who dumps them off on his players and calls it an exercise in guarding.

The grandkid in the black t-shirt who dumps one of the buckets on K's head can also be seen in this video at the 1:39:17 mark.

Oh, and Chris Duhon hit a pretty big shot in that game. The sequence leading up to it starts at 1:37:30.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Love the video...but, K's about two months behind the times! The women's team took up the ice challenge in their "Chillin 4 Charity" event, raising money for the Kay Yow Fund. (Different awareness campaign, same tactic.)

http://www.goduke.com/mediaPortal/pl...0206&catid=NaN

PS...the men's coaches did the same charity event; Scheyer, Capel and James got soaked. Well, James almost got soaked, but all the cubes melted in fear before they hit him and he enjoyed a warm bath. They were challenged by Collins.

Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I'm all for raising awareness for ALS, but you know what is way more helpful than wasting time on these dumb videos? Writing a check.

I know this is a sour puss sentiment because there's really nothing wrong with the viral vine challenge things, I just don't really like them.

Well, except for this one, because I like seeing K interact with his family. I forget sometimes that he's not just a legend to every person in the world.
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post
    I'm all for raising awareness for ALS, but you know what is way more helpful than wasting time on these dumb videos? Writing a check.

I know this is a sour puss sentiment because there's really nothing wrong with the viral vine challenge things, I just don't really like them.

Well, except for this one, because I like seeing K interact with his family. I forget sometimes that he's not just a legend to every person in the world.
    ALS Association says donations since July 29 have been $2.5M. in same period last year, donations were $25k. 100x increase in donations...i'd say it's working economically in a way that no traditional campaign could possibly have worked for ALS that fast

I think what isn't well communicated is the challenge is also supposed to include an option to donate instead of dumping ice on yourself. Really, it should be a challenge to do both to serve the purpose of creating awareness. But additional money is flowing in. According to alsa.org:

"Between July 29 and today, August 12, The ALS Association and its 38 chapters have received an astonishing $4 million in donations compared to $1.12 million during the same time period last year."

For those reading that don't know anything about ALS, I encourage you to visit: http://www.alsa.org/about-als/facts-...ould-know.html

I knew next to nothing prior to my mother in-law being diagnosed in 2012. It is an awful disease, and it absolutely needs more attention.

100% awesome! My buddies got me on this earlier in the summer (I was actually a groomsman in a wedding and at the rehearsal we realized all of us had done it already). I love seeing it spread and keep helping good causes.

I only have one thing to say...

...Beat ALS!

Awful, awful disease. And no therapies launched on the market in nearly 20 years. Hell, we barely even understand this disease.

Spread the word about the Ice Bucket Challenge. This is a great cause for an orphan disease that needs more resources.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

I

I know this is a sour puss sentiment.
    something we agree on...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Love the video...but, K's about two months behind the times! The women's team took up the ice challenge in their "Chillin 4 Charity" event, raising money for the Kay Yow Fund. (Different awareness campaign, same tactic.)
    I respectfully disagree. The ALS ice bucket thing is just now picking up steam. It's been all over Facebook all week. A local watering hole around the corner is having and "Ice Bucket Day" this Saturday where you get a free pint if you do the ice bucket challenge and/or make a donation to ALS. Coach K is riding the wave as it is happening.