Page 201 of 249 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,020 of 4966
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    The dice have no memory ...

But, yeah, an injury free year would be nice.

As for the end of the recruiting season, it's over for Duke except for the possibility of a transfer (Durham?), but there's another thread for that.

Nationally, there are still a few guys left, including one top 25 shooting guard, MJ Walker from Jonesville, Ga., who is considering FSU, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, UCLA, Maryland, Ohio State and a few others.

And one-time Duke target Tremont Waters remains unsigned (Syracuse wants him badly)
    Isn't Durham a non-grad transfer and hence would have to wait a year? So he's better suited for the 2018 recruiting thread, no?

Unless there are any grad transfers interested in Duke, I think it's fair to say it is over...
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

No links, but I'm enjoying the schadenfreude of Kentucky fans on twitter and message boards after UK missed out on Bamba. The power of expectations - we didn't expect to get Bamba, but they did. And they are sour.

Also, it seems like unless your team just won the national championship the previous season (unfortunately, we know who did), I wonder if any fanbase is completely happy with their program and coach. Calipari's been great. His results are as good as anyone's, and they have the top-ranked class in 2017 still. UK fans should be much happier than they are.

Wherever the wind blows and the leaves dance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    No links, but I'm enjoying the schadenfreude of Kentucky fans on twitter and message boards after UK missed out on Bamba. The power of expectations - we didn't expect to get Bamba, but they did. And they are sour.

Also, it seems like unless your team just won the national championship the previous season (unfortunately, we know who did), I wonder if any fanbase is completely happy with their program and coach. Calipari's been great. His results are as good as anyone's, and they have the top-ranked class in 2017 still. UK fans should be much happier than they are.
    Agree with the above but I think UK's class this year is over-rated. I don't agree with their number 1 recruiting ranking at all. Granted they have 7 of the top 25 or something like that but their highest rated recruit is Knox (RSCI #9), who apparently was recruited to try and play the 2/3. Maybe Knox will surprise in that role but i don't think it is ideal. When is the last time UK's highest rated recruit was RSCI #9 in a somewhat weak recruiting class? I'm sure UK will do okay record wise because of their weak schedule but I am not impressed with them on paper for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post

Well, I am one pretty happy Blue Devil fan. Things cannot really be much better than they are. I realize many other fans do not feel this way, but there you go.

Of course, 2015 isn't all that far in the rear view mirror, so I will not injure myself patting myself on the back.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

The Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? I must have missed that history class. Or I'm guessing this is an inside joke?

Vrank is gonna shine for us in the middle this year. Remember you heard it here.
    Love, Ima

Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    The Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? I must have missed that history class. Or I'm guessing this is an inside joke?
    Forget it. Jim's rolling.

Pity the person who has never seen "Animal House."

Quote Originally Posted by mr. synellinden View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by slower View Post
    Pity the person who has never seen "Animal House."
    "Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    "Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."
    I'd like to object!

I'd really like to, but ...

Blutarski's pep talk in "Animal House." -- "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by mr. synellinden View Post
    Good one.

Kids today...

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl harbour.
    It ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...the tough get goin'!
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by whereinthehellami View Post
    Agree with the above but I think UK's class this year is over-rated. I don't agree with their number 1 recruiting ranking at all. Granted they have 7 of the top 25 or something like that but their highest rated recruit is Knox (RSCI #9), who apparently was recruited to try and play the 2/3. Maybe Knox will surprise in that role but i don't think it is ideal. When is the last time UK's highest rated recruit was RSCI #9 in a somewhat weak recruiting class? I'm sure UK will do okay record wise because of their weak schedule but I am not impressed with them on paper for next year.
    I agree. It is a totally different class than Cal usually signs because it has lots of guys who... wait for it... might actually stay in school a couple years. Whoa!!

I have no idea how they are going to find minutes for everyone on their front line. Maybe Cal will go back to that brilliant platoon system that worked sooooo well and severely limited KAT's minutes. Brilliant!

Jason "I love it when they struggle" Evans

Quote Originally Posted by Ima Facultiwyfe View Post
    Vrank is gonna shine for us in the middle this year. Remember you heard it here.
    Love, Ima
    Ima, I like your thinking. A junior that knows the Duke system, especially the defense could as you say, shine in the middle this season. A Center-PF rotation of Marquis, Wendell, Javin and Antonio is not too much to ask for. Two spots with 4 players getting 80 minutes. We'll have to wait and see what Coach K has up his sleeve. 8 or 9 player rotation, more zone and maybe a fast break led by Mr. Duval? That would be new to these blue eyes. GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Ima, I like your thinking. A junior that knows the Duke system, especially the defense could as you say, shine in the middle this season. A Center-PF rotation of Marquis, Wendell, Javin and Antonio is not too much to ask for. Two spots with 4 players getting 80 minutes. We'll have to wait and see what Coach K has up his sleeve. 8 or 9 player rotation, more zone and maybe a fast break led by Mr. Duval? That would be new to these blue eyes. GoDuke!
    I'd love to see a four guy big man rotation, but I seriously doubt it, just as I doubt a nine man rotation. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Ah some Vrank love. Get me now holy cow. I think I'm gonna like it here. Vrank and DeLaurier will be great assets off the bench. Yes I was quoting the play Annie. I had a big sister who subjected me to daily doses on our 8 track player. It was a hard knock life. I apologize in advance if this board gets flooded with bad Annie puns.
    Last edited by chriso; 05-19-2017 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chriso View Post
    Ah some Vrank love. Get me now holy cow. I think I'm gonna like it here. Vrank and DeLaurier will be great assets of the bench. Yes I was quoting the play Annie. I had a big sister who subjected me to daily doses on our 8 track player. It was a hard knock life. I apologize in advance if this board gets flooded with bad Annie puns.
    And the countdown begins 3...2...1...go!