View Poll Results: Who was Duke's Man of the Match in their win over St. Francis (PA) tonight?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wendell Carter Jr.

3 2.75%
  • Marvin Bagley III

15 13.76%
  • Grayson Allen

5 4.59%
  • Gary Trent

6 5.50%
  • Trevon Duval

2 1.83%
  • Javin DeLaurier

0 0%
  • Alex O'Connell

1 0.92%
  • Marques Bolden

50 45.87%
  • Jordan Goldwire

0 0%
  • Jack White

0 0%
  • Antonio Vrankovic

0 0%
  • Justin Robinson

6 5.50%
  • Jordan Tucker

0 0%
  • Mike Buckmire

21 19.27%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MOTM: Duke v. St Francis (PA) (Dec 5, 2017)

Who was Duke's Man of the Match in their win over St. Francis (PA) tonight?
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Genetics seems like a good option

Had to go with Buckmire.

I don’t normally vote. He made the most of the time he had.

Voted for Marques Bolden for his breakout game and first Duke double/double. First of many more to come I hope.

Was tempted to go with Mike Buckmire for his 3 Pts, 1 Ast, 1 Reb in 2 minutes. Let's see, that a per 40 of 60 Pts, 20 Ast, 20 Reb? He was 100% from the floor and line too.

Our third string

Nice game, Mr. Bolden!

Want to go with Bolden - but best player when he was in was Bagley - especially with the 3s
    - trying to go with head, not heart

Quote Originally Posted by BullBlue View Post
    Voted for Marques Bolden for his breakout game and first Duke double/double. First of many more to come I hope.
    Better duck and cover using the term "breakout" around K regarding Bolden's game. I found it interesting how reserved he was in his press conference when discussing Marques. The press was definitely on board with us pollsters, but K wanted to make it clear that we should expect him to play well. It just struck me as a different tone than typical K, but he generally seemed annoyed for the last half of the presser.

Can’t believe none of you contrarians voted for Tucker!

Mike Buckmire is clearly the G.O.A.T. According to KenPom, he has an offensive rating over 200 while using over 40% of possessions, his true shooting percentage is over 100, his defensive rebounding rate is 48.3% which frankly puts Bagley and Carter to shame. Duval can't hold a candle to his 140.4 assist rate!

Seriously though, good for him. That had to be one of the best walk on sequences I can remember. maybe Jordan Davidson nailing a 3 in the Final Four, beacause it's the freakin' Final Four. I was so happy he paid it off with the free throw so he can be a rambling old man one day going, "...and I hit the free throw too, unlike these young whipper snappers who don't work hard at that stuff!"
    Pratt '09
    GO DUKE!

Quote Originally Posted by BullBlue View Post

Was tempted to go with Mike Buckmire for his 3 Pts, 1 Ast, 1 Reb in 2 minutes. Let's see, that a per 40 of 60 Pts, 20 Ast, 20 Reb? He was 100% from the floor and line too.
    Also went with Marques, with strong consideration for Buckmire and, more importantly, Jordan Tucker, who finally got to show a little bit of what he can do!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Dev11 is offline Commissioner of Statistics, DBR Podcast
    I went with Justin Robinson, mostly for the chasedown block, which is my favorite thing in basketball.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Dev11 View Post
    I went with Justin Robinson, mostly for the chasedown block, which is my favorite thing in basketball.
    That was pretty sweet, plus his 5 points. All those guys that put the same amount of time in as our starters and first bench have to be smiling big today. I'm sure they are getting congratulations all over campus for a great show.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I've been waiting for Trent to come out of his shooting slump and he did. I voted for Gary for that reason and that he got us off to a good start. GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by Doria View Post
    Can’t believe none of you contrarians voted for Tucker!
    Contrarians only matter when we have a GA vs MSU type game (where it's obvious but people do stupid). Game like this, the MOTM is probably whoever scheduled the game in the first place. I'm normally all about real votes and voting for the real MOTM but today I'm all about the votes for Robinson and Buckmire!

So many outstanding plays/performances last PM, so sad I am only allotted one vote (I do not live in Chicago .) and this AM it was cast for Mr. Bolden. Very well done, young man. May you have many more similar opportunities and performances in your Duke career.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Buckmire by a mile. That was the greatest statistical performance I have ever seen. When does the one-and-done talk begin?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    One thing I loved about Bolden's performance (and the reason that he got my vote) was he only played 15 minutes. So in playing essentially only a third of the game, he racked up 10 boards and 17 points to go along with no fouls and no turnovers. That's pretty efficient use of one's time.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

So many choices here. I see Marques deservedly got a bunch of votes. He played his best game as a Blue Devil for sure. Slight caveat being he was at least a foot taller than anyone trying to guard him, and a good amount of those stats were padded in garbage time. Still, it was really good to see him look confident out there. Each member of the starting lineup was also deserving of MOTM.

I went with Grayson. 14 points on 5 shots, 5 boards, and 6 assists in just 21 minutes, playing a big role in putting this one away early. Might have come close to a triple double had he played his usual minutes.

If I consider the long term success of this team, I have to vote for Trent. If this game takes Trent out of his 3-point shooting slump, Duke is going to be awfully hard to beat. Consider a line-up in which Bagley and Carter can pass out of a double-team to either Allen or Trent for a three that we all expect to go in. Trent hitting open threes would make an already scary team much more terrifying for opposing coaches.