Page 24 of 249 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Quickley

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    Pitino has the inside edge on this one.
    My best friend is VERY close to the program and has been telling me all about this kid since he first arrived at John Carroll because he knows I'm a Duke fan. He shared that Immanuel's family would like him to stay local but he believes Immanuel wants Duke. As shared earlier, he was at countdown to craziness and I've seen pictures of him with K myself. My buddy was actually a little surprised to hear the news Pitino has the inside edge.

In any event, he shared what he loves most about Immanuel is his fierce competitiveness. Compares it to that of a Kobe Bryant.

Quote Originally Posted by DeBlueDevil View Post
    My best friend is VERY close to the program and has been telling me all about this kid since he first arrived at John Carroll because he knows I'm a Duke fan. He shared that Immanuel's family would like him to stay local but he believes Immanuel wants Duke. As shared earlier, he was at countdown to craziness and I've seen pictures of him with K myself. My buddy was actually a little surprised to hear the news Pitino has the inside edge.

In any event, he shared what he loves most about Immanuel is his fierce competitiveness. Compares it to that of a Kobe Bryant.
    I won't speak for El Diablo but his comment about Pitino having the inside edge on this one may have been referring to Tricky Ricky's (cough) restaurant performance and not a recruiting advantage, given the young man's name is Quickly.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I won't speak for El Diablo but his comment about Pitino having the inside edge on this one may have been referring to Tricky Ricky's (cough) restaurant performance and not a recruiting advantage, given the young man's name is Quickly.
    ^Yes. To clarify, I have ZERO knowledge about this recruitment and was simply trying to make a joke about Pitino's, um, quickness. Sorry for any confusion!

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    recruiting guru Corey Evans reports that Quade Green will be visiting Duke the weekend of June 26th.
    Correction:

247 / Jerry Meyer reporting that Quade Green will be visiting tomorrow.

Green has played great this summer.

Correction:

247 / Jerry Meyer reporting that Quade Green will be visiting tomorrow.

Green has played great this summer.
    Quaid?

totalrecallbdcap4_original1.jpg

Does he have Total Recall?

Gary Trent is now listed as 6'5" 200lbs. Are these figures blown up or is he getting into Justice Winslow territory ?

So how this for a recruiting pitch for Quade Green?

Hey, remember that? That guy was a Duke point guard

Early evaluations are suggesting that the 2018 class is not very strong at the top; other than Bagley, there are few 5* prospects.

Looks like we will (have been?) load up in anticipation of 2018 being a smaller recruiting class and, other than Bagley, having less of an immediate impact.

Quade

Cal & UK offered Quade Green today. Zagoria was first to report.

https://www.sny.tv/college-recruitin...reen/187107726

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    Cal & UK offered Quade Green today. Zagoria was first to report.

https://www.sny.tv/college-recruitin...reen/187107726
    Article doesn't state how much $ Cal offered ...

Nothing new, but nice to see:

... 247 Sports currently projects ... Bamba and Carter both eventually sign with Duke. Meantime, some believe fellow top-10 recruit Gary Trent Jr. -- the son of former Ohio star and "Shaq of the MAC" Gary Trent -- might package with Carter, meaning Duke is favored to at least enroll the prospects ranked second, third and 10th in the Class of 2017.

... The smart money has Duke securing the top recruiting class in the country for the second straight year -- and for the third time in four years. ...

http://www.cbssports.com/college-bas...g-for-dummies/

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Nothing new, but nice to see:

... 247 Sports currently projects ... Bamba and Carter both eventually sign with Duke. Meantime, some believe fellow top-10 recruit Gary Trent Jr. -- the son of former Ohio star and "Shaq of the MAC" Gary Trent -- might package with Carter, meaning Duke is favored to at least enroll the prospects ranked second, third and 10th in the Class of 2017.

... The smart money has Duke securing the top recruiting class in the country for the second straight year -- and for the third time in four years. ...

http://www.cbssports.com/college-bas...g-for-dummies/
    Hopefully, your right. It's evaluation week, so we'll see. This recruiting year I believe is very important.

Quote Originally Posted by Pghdukie View Post
    Hopefully, your right. It's evaluation week, so we'll see. This recruiting year I believe is very important.
    I certainly agree because of how many top players from the 2016-17 team that are expected to graduate or be in the 2017 draft.

Obviously, Matt Jones and Amile Jefferson are in their final years, but I'd be surprised if Grayson Allen, Harry Giles and Jayson Tatum don't go pro. And while it's not nearly as certain, I wouldn't be surprised to see Marques Bolden and Frank Johnson be one-and-done.

But you all know that.

Still, that's a lot of potential holes to fill. The fate of the 2017-18 team clearly depends on this recruiting class.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    I certainly agree because of how many top players from the 2016-17 team that are expected to graduate or be in the 2017 draft.

Obviously, Matt Jones and Amile Jefferson are in their final years, but I'd be surprised if Grayson Allen, Harry Giles and Jayson Tatum don't go pro. And while it's not nearly as certain, I wouldn't be surprised to see Marques Bolden and Frank Johnson be one-and-done.

But you all know that.

Still, that's a lot of potential holes to fill. The fate of the 2017-18 team clearly depends on this recruiting class.
    Depth is also important moving forward. The 2018 recruiting class is considered to be extremely weak.

Top 10 guys in the 2017 class may be extremely important to the 2017-8 season, but we will also need some guys who are around for the 2018-9 season, we'll have Jeter and Kennard anchoring the team with Vrankovic, Delaurier and White.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncbrecruitin...-its-dominance

I can't read it as its an insider article, but its recruiting season!

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Depth is also important moving forward. The 2018 recruiting class is considered to be extremely weak.

Top 10 guys in the 2017 class may be extremely important to the 2017-8 season, but we will also need some guys who are around for the 2018-9 season, we'll have Jeter and Kennard anchoring the team with Vrankovic, Delaurier and White.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncbrecruitin...-its-dominance

I can't read it as its an insider article, but its recruiting season!
    2018 recruiting is still a bit too far for my radar to pick up. Enlighten me on the bolded, if you don't mind. Can you compare the 2018 recruiting class to, say, the recent 2015 recruiting class (Ingram's class) in terms of how it's viewed?

- Chillin

Quote Originally Posted by ChillinDuke View Post
    2018 recruiting is still a bit too far for my radar to pick up. Enlighten me on the bolded, if you don't mind. Can you compare the 2018 recruiting class to, say, the recent 2015 recruiting class (Ingram's class) in terms of how it's viewed?

- Chillin
    I think I posted a link months ago when I came across the recruiting reporter's comment to that effect. Don't remember who, what, where, why or how.

Generally, the 2018 class, except for the #1 guy, is considered to be below even the 2015 class, which is what made the 2016 NBA draft so weak and so full of foreign players in the 1st round.

fyi, you can twitter-stalk our assistants and find out which players they're watching at Peach Jam over the next few days.

fyi, you can twitter-stalk our assistants and find out which players they're watching at Peach Jam over the next few days.
    Pretty sure they cloned Jeff Capel. He seems to be watching every recruit: Knox, Carter, Diallo, RJ Barrett (2019), Bamba, Green... my lord!

I can't get enough of Capel. What a stud.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Seems as though Cal has given up on Wendell and is all in on Bamba at Peach Jam.