Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
wow. i think this could be tremendous for us.
Agreed. Just one opinion, but the benefits of adding Bagley far outweigh the risks. Adding Bagley greatly improves our odds of competing for a national championship. We have an extremely talented team at all natural positions, but we currently lack bench and post depth. Foul trouble, especially in a possible 6 game single elimination tourney could be devastating to this team. So could injury as always. But foul trouble should be expected - it's a common part of the game.

And with Bagley, Bolden would still play plenty. He could easily earn plenty of minutes if K uses something like a 7 man rotation. Bolden would be in that 7 man rotation. Playing against each other in practice would help both Bolden and Bagley develop. I think the chances of Bolden transferring after this year (even with Bagley) are miniscule. We won't have anything close to the competition for minutes we had last year, even with the injuries.

I can't speak for Bagley, but if he can pull this off it seems like a pretty smart move for him too. It's another year in the NBA earning millions in his prime instead of another year playing for free. He would be a top 4 pick next year, possibly #1.

I hope we get him - 100%. This team has some amazing potential. Do I want to add a #1 ranked player who greatly improves our odds of celebrating and cutting down the nets during One Shining Moment and K getting # 6? Yes please.