See here. Players are --

Code:
    Kenny Anunike	Denver Broncos	Defensive End
    Ross Cockrell	Buffalo Bills	Cornerback
    Cooper Helfet	Seattle Seahawks	Tight End
    Sean Renfree	Atlanta Falcons	Quarterback
    Vincent Rey	Cincinnati Bengals	Linebacker
    Juwan Thompson	Denver Broncos	Running Back
    Wake has 8 in the NFL; UNC 23; State 17; UVa 22; BC 17. Our numbers are on the upswing though, in that three are rookies.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Former Duke defensive standout and current Vikings Defensive Coordinator, George Edwards, had a nice opener against the St. Louis Rams on Sunday, holding the Rams to 6 points in a runaway victory on the road. Apologies to the St. Louis fans here, but it's nice to see one of our own doing well.

Are there other Dukies in the NFL coaching ranks? Sad to say, I don't follow that line much.

Juwan Thompson scores rushing TD for Broncos

Undrafted free agent RB Juwan Thompson scored his 1st NFL rushing TD for the Broncos a few minutes ago. I loved watching this guy in training camp and preseason. Keep an eye on #40, he is rising in the ranks!

Congratulations to Juwan Thompson! It is great to hear about him scoring his first NFL TD. Hopefully, he scores many, many more.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Congratulations to Juwan Thompson! It is great to hear about him scoring his first NFL TD. Hopefully, he scores many, many more.
    Peyton is on my fantasy team, and when I saw him hand off for a TD on the eight-yard line, I went, "Oh, no! Pass, Peyton, pass!" And then I saw it was Juwan. "Go Duke," I yelled. This is a nice present for Coach Cut -- and for Juwan.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Paging Loran!! Doesn't the Bronco's know Juwan was our 4th best Running Back last season who should have never started ahead of the other 3 guys??? They miss the memo???

Oopsiee!

Anyone know who was the last Duke running back who scored a rushing touchdown in the NFL? (QBs like Thaddeus Lewis don't count.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim3k View Post
    Anyone know who was the last Duke running back who scored a rushing touchdown in the NFL? (QBs like Thaddeus Lewis don't count.)
    Steve Jones
    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...J/JoneSt00.htm

Duke doesn't have a great track record at the RB position. Perhaps Juwan can change that...

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Peyton is on my fantasy team, and when I saw him hand off for a TD on the eight-yard line, I went, "Oh, no! Pass, Peyton, pass!" And then I saw it was Juwan. "Go Duke," I yelled. This is a nice present for Coach Cut -- and for Juwan.
    With my last fantasy pick, I chose Mr. Thompson with tremendous joy and no expectation that he would accumulate many points this year. I of course had him mired on the bench last night, though his output of 7 points matched my two (admittedly feeble) starters, Darren Sproles and CJ Spiller.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post

Peyton is on my fantasy team, and when I saw him hand off for a TD on the eight-yard line, I went, "Oh, no! Pass, Peyton, pass!"
    What, his 479 yards and 4 TDs weren't enough for you?

Watch the last eight seconds!

Or the whole thing, it's only a minute long.

NOTE: Link contains highlights of the Arizona Cardinals-Denver Broncos football game played October 5, 2014 at Sports Authority Field at Mile High in Denver, Colorado in front of 76,895 fans. The start time was 4:05 PM and the temperature was 71 degree Fahrenheit, with 10 mph winds out of the northwest.

Slick 37-yd reception by Cooper Helfet for Seattle.

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    Love watching MNF and hearing them say Duke.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    "Cooper Heflet!" (They'll get his name right eventually...sweet catch)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Cooper Helfet with the onside kick recovery.

Glad to see him on national TV. Not to be stalker creepy or anything, but I named my Mini Cooper after him.

It's great to see Thompson and Helfet producing on Sundays!

Thompson is getting a ton of playing time w/ the Broncos injured backfield. He's the clear #2 behind Hilman and they seem to have confidence in him blocking which might just be the most important role for a Broncos RB . He had 6 carries and 30 yards.

Meanwhile Helfet had his best game of the season w/ 3 catches including a really nice tip-toe 19-yard TD grab that almost pulled Seattle even (they missed the 2-pt conversion to tie it).

Great to see that Duke's much improved program is not only producing on Saturdays but also gets some time in the spotlight on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlindevildog91 View Post
    Cooper Helfet with the onside kick recovery.

Glad to see him on national TV. Not to be stalker creepy or anything, but I named my Mini Cooper after him.
    Was going to buy one of those till I found it didn't come with a Minnie Driver.

Cooper Helfet's first career TD, an impressive one.

This thread should probably be renamed Dukies in the NFL, 2014-2015 Edition.

Dev11 is offline Commissioner of Statistics, DBR Podcast
    Cooper Helfet's first career TD, an impressive one.

This thread should probably be renamed Dukies in the NFL, 2014-2015 Edition.
    I had previously made this thread, but a few weeks of inactivity buried it.

All merged together now