View Poll Results: As a Duke fan what's the most satisfying UNC season?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • 32-4 with losses to only Duke

17 16.19%
  • 0-27 utter failure

16 15.24%
  • Mediocrity and irrelevance

15 14.29%
  • I could give a s*** about UNC

10 9.52%
  • Roy resigns after his entire record at unc is vacated, followed by a generation of turmoil

47 44.76%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Optimal Season Outcome... for UNC. (alt topic: John Wayne)

I have frequently said to UNC fans that I encounter that my ideal UNC season would include them winning every game except 4 - all four losses to Duke. That's two regular season games, the ACC Championship, and the NCAA Championship. I feel that such a season would be such an utter dominance of a really good team, that it would establish a degree of supremacy and constitute the greatest season in Duke history.

In contrast, I derived relatively little pleasure from the Coach D'oh years. Watching your rival flounder about makes it far less satisfying when you obliterate them.

How do you feel? What is your idea outcome for UNC this year - or any other year?

alteran is offline All-American, Honorable Mention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain_Devil_91_92_01_10 View Post
    I have frequently said to UNC fans that I encounter that my ideal UNC season would include them winning every game except 4 - all four losses to Duke. That's two regular season games, the ACC Championship, and the NCAA Championship. I feel that such a season would be such an utter dominance of a really good team, that it would establish a degree of supremacy and constitute the greatest season in Duke history.

In contrast, I derived relatively little pleasure from the Coach D'oh years. Watching your rival flounder about makes it far less satisfying when you obliterate them.

How do you feel? What is your idea outcome for UNC this year - or any other year?
    The D'oh years were pretty close to my optimal outcome-- winning just enough games to keep their fans engaged, so the losses hurt that much more. Thereby giving their fans maximal pain.

Although now that I think about it, losing so much their fans become disengaged is pretty damn good, too.

Roy forced to resign after his entire record at unc is vacated, followed by an Indiana-esque generation of turmoil. Seriously, there's a better answer than this?

Perfect UNC season: "Disappointed NIT Bubble Team"

First one, then the other, then the other, then the first one again.

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    Roy forced to resign after his entire record at unc is vacated, followed by an Indiana-esque generation of turmoil. Seriously, there's a better answer than this?
    Ouch. Kinda harsh. I know where you're going, but still harsh

My take on UNC is the following: "hate em, but I respect em". I will never support UNC, never paint my baby boy's room baby blue, never give my kid the initials "MJ", never root for UNC, and never buy property in Chapel Hill. But I do respect their program. Until 10 months ago. Screw that - they can lose every game until they address their "student athletes"
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Why is this not a voting option? I might have to toot that whistle thing in the lower corner to address the injustice of this poll.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

0-27

Lose every single game.

How is there an answer other than this?

Heck, I'm a big Kentucky fan when they play UNC. Same for UConn, let alone lesser evils like Michigan State, Indiana, Arizona or Ohio State.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Why is this not a voting option?
    Because I forgot I can modify polls with my unicorn magic?

Because I forgot that I'm God and can modify polls?
    I have zero problem with this change

Their mascot resembles Jar Jar Binks, they have my pity, but not my mercy, 0-27.

Utter failure. ol' roy implicated in cheating scandal and resigns in disgrace, all of his wins at unc vacated. Cheating scandal mushrooms, takes down basketball, football, and women's basketball, maybe lacrosse and tennis. In fallout, improper benefits surface, cementing finding of lack of institutional control. NCAA delivers death penalty across all athletic programs, unc loses academic certification.

And 3 Sharknados converge over chapel hill.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Perfect UNC season: "Disappointed NIT Bubble Team"
    Would love to see them hang an NIT runner up banner this year.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

I voted for the fifth option, but my real vote is, get picked off by the SEC and we never hear from them again. As I've recently made clear.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Infinite futility, utter humiliation and permanent residence in hell.

Because I forgot I can modify polls with my unicorn magic?
    Swell, and I can't vote again. It's always the trailblazers who suffer the most....
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Cheating scandal mushrooms, takes down basketball, football, and women's basketball, maybe lacrosse and tennis.
    Marinated? Stuffed? Kennedy Meeks would like to learn more about these cheating scandal mushrooms.

I went with Option 1. If I lived in an area with a higher unc fan concentration, I would probably have voted differently.

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    Infinite futility, utter humiliation and permanent residence in hell.
    So, a fight to the pain?

In all honesty, if you could guarantee me a Duke victory, I'd gladly play Unc in the National Championship game and beat them. Either a blowout or last second game-winning should would be acceptable, as long as we win.

We would have bragging rights forever.

The rivalry is great as long the programs operate at high levels. I do enjoy the rivalry, even if I find the fans and head coach of the rivals to be insufferable arse-hats.