Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tiger withdraws his name from Ryder Cup consideration saying his doctors advise rest.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Tiger withdraws his name from Ryder Cup consideration saying his doctors advise rest.
    Wow! Tom Watson breathes a sigh of relief.

Can't imagine Tom Watson had a moment of concern, and that displayed none in his conversation with Tiger.

I add my name for Ryder Cup consideration.
    ~rthomas

The City of Brotherly Love except when it's cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
    Wow! Tom Watson breathes a sigh of relief.
    America breathes a sigh of relief as well.

Good, so we never have to hear about the guy again until ESPN starts asking if he's going to win the Masters, with breathless coverage starting around Dr King's birthday.

I'll enjoy these five months.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

It's entirely likely that behind the scenes Watson told Woods "I really don't want to take you, and I really don't want to cut you" and Tiger figured out the most graceful position for everyone.

Anyhoo, what do we think of the Ryder Cup decision process for Watson now? I suspect he might just be tempted to take players 10-12 on the list (which would be 11-13, assuming Dufner's not in shape to go but that Kuchar is). That gets him Bradley so he can attempt to replicate the Phil/Keegan magic from 2 years ago, and two others playing good golf this season, at the expense of somewhat experienced but not necessarily in a positive sense guys like Webb Simpson and Brandt Snedeker, who have had somewhat down years. I don't think there are really any other "vets" worthy of a ton of consideration - the only older players who would now be considered without Woods being in the mix automatically qualified, anyway. Maybe Stricker gets a thought, but he hasn't played much and his Ryder Cup history is abysmal. There are cases to be made for guys like Kevin Na or Ryan Palmer, but they'd be rookies so there's no compelling reason to put them on ahead of Ryan Moore or Brendan Todd.