Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    "Not rated"? With offers from some pretty big-time football programs? What's up with that?
    Late bloomer, still waiting evaluation.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Late bloomer, still waiting evaluation.
    Look at the offer sheets first. They are a lot more trustworthy than any rating service. The kid is a big recruit, in more ways than one!!

WELCOMNE TO DUKE JAYLEN!!

Dev11 is offline Commissioner of Statistics, DBR Podcast
    Quote Originally Posted by -bdbd View Post
    Look at the offer sheets first. They are a lot more trustworthy than any rating service. The kid is a big recruit
    For football, I definitely trust the offer sheet more than the ranking. It's really hard to scout high school football players who often have to grow a lot into their college roles. The guys who know best how to project those players are working for schools, not Rivals and Scout.

4 Star running back Brittain Brown has received an offer from Duke:

Patrick Cacchio retweeted

Brittain⚡ ‏@BrittainBKB · 2h2 hours ago
    just received an offer from Duke!!! #ACC #BlueDevils
    He is 6'2 190 with a 4.49 40 yard time:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2623833/brittain-brown

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/fo...brittain-brown
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    4 Star running back Brittain Brown has received an offer from Duke:

He is 6'2 190 with a 4.49 40 yard time:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2623833/brittain-brown

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/fo...brittain-brown
    That'd be a good size/time for a wide receiver, too.

Thanks, Bob.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Jaylen Miller, a 310 lb OL with multiple SEC offers, has verbally committed to Duke:

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/fo.../jaylen-miller

Offers include: Miami, Georgia Tech, Miss St, Miss, South Carolina, Missouri and others.
    Welcome, Jaylen!

Jaylen Miller, a 310 lb OL with multiple SEC offers, has verbally committed to Duke:

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/fo.../jaylen-miller

Offers include: Miami, Georgia Tech, Miss St, Miss, South Carolina, Missouri and others.
    Consider how Jaylen will develop and grown under the supervision of the weight training and nutrition staff at Duke. Looking forward to seeing him grow into his full potential!

Here's an interesting excerpt from a post on Wake's Old Gold and Black Boards. The post is from Deac94, the board's resident recruiting "guru":

OT Jaylen Miller (Jacksonville, FL) committed to Duke. I had removed Miller from my Board on March 1 because I felt he was out of reach for Wake Forest. He had P5 offers from schools like Ole Miss, Miami, Mississippi State, Georgia Tech and South Carolina. I go back and forth between bitterness and respect for what Duke is doing. From following these kids on Twitter I can tell you that recruits show more enthusiasm for Duke following their official visits than any other school in the area. Undoubtedly part of that stems from the football program leveraging the basketball program, but my perception is that there is more going on there as well. If a kid typically tweets “I had a good day at X school” after a typical visit, he will tweet something more like “Absolutely loved EVERYTHING about Duke” after visiting there. (Note: I wouldn’t be surprised to see their next commit be 4-star safety Eric Burrell who visited Wake for Junior Day)

Quote Originally Posted by dpslaw View Post
    Here's an interesting excerpt from a post on Wake's Old Gold and Black Boards. The post is from Deac94, the board's resident recruiting "guru":

OT Jaylen Miller (Jacksonville, FL) committed to Duke. I had removed Miller from my Board on March 1 because I felt he was out of reach for Wake Forest. He had P5 offers from schools like Ole Miss, Miami, Mississippi State, Georgia Tech and South Carolina. I go back and forth between bitterness and respect for what Duke is doing. From following these kids on Twitter I can tell you that recruits show more enthusiasm for Duke following their official visits than any other school in the area. Undoubtedly part of that stems from the football program leveraging the basketball program, but my perception is that there is more going on there as well. If a kid typically tweets “I had a good day at X school” after a typical visit, he will tweet something more like “Absolutely loved EVERYTHING about Duke” after visiting there. (Note: I wouldn’t be surprised to see their next commit be 4-star safety Eric Burrell who visited Wake for Junior Day)
    Thanks, that is enjoyable to hear/read.

No doubt, Cut has big mo going. Three bowls in a row, division champs two years ago, in the hunt last year, continually-improving recruiting classes, higher visibility, good national press, random Manning links, a few players into the NFL, etc. etc. etc.

When I was in Juarez for the Sun Bowl, one of the tattoos I got was "2015 National Champions" -- with a football and a basketball.

No pressure, guys, but I've committed.

FWIW, Scout.com has Jaylen Miller ranked as a 3-star recruit.

http://duke.scout.com/player/8286086n-jaylen-miller

I really like Scout, but (fwiw) they are pretty bad with their football recruit rankings. By far the best indicator of excellence
    these days is checking out the offers kids muster, and in this case the offers are very very good.

Cutcliffe is getting more and more kids with highly impressive offer sheets, his current class (2016) is inarguably (IMHO)
    off to his best start ever. Word seems to be we are heavily involved with lots and lots of top players.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I really like Scout, but (fwiw) they are pretty bad with their football recruit rankings. By far the best indicator of excellence
    these days is checking out the offers kids muster, and in this case the offers are very very good.

Cutcliffe is getting more and more kids with highly impressive offer sheets, his current class (2016) is inarguably (IMHO)
    off to his best start ever. Word seems to be we are heavily involved with lots and lots of top players.
    I agree. The purpose of linking scout.com in this case was a response to the concern posted upthread that he was unranked by another site and therefore must not be any good. In fact, a non-ranking simply means a player has not been evaluated. One national site has evaluated Miller and seems to like him very much.

Cut seems to have prioritized offensive line for the class of 2016 and is swinging for the fences, with realistic chances on some real studs. The positive national publicity for Laken Tomlinson cannot hurt. Nor will the next NFL draft.

we are in accord, Jim...offer sheets are the best indicator for me as lots of these programs have been able to see the kids at their respective camps, and
    they know what they're doing. But I'm always looking at the evaluating sites as well (even as Cut has been known to mock them).

Duke got a commitment today from a 4-star linebacker with a most impressive offer sheet. Notre Dame, Clemson, VT, Tennessee. Et. Al.

http://duke.scout.com/story/1530129-...b-brandon-hill

Duke got a commitment today from a 4-star linebacker with a most impressive offer sheet. Notre Dame, Clemson, VT, Tennessee. Et. Al.

Huge win for Cut and huge for our defense. It's pretty ridiculous seeing the guys we're getting to commit as opposed to just a few years ago. This coaching staff has made huge strides on the field and it's truly paying off in the recruiting game. Guys like Bracey, Hill, Deveaux and Birmingham along with Humphreys, Rosene, Boyce and Baker in the last class are big. These are players that the top 15 football schools in the country were hoping to get and we snagged them. Common theme among them is speed at the skill positions and big at the line of scrimmage.

Welcome to Duke Hill! Is it August yet?

Quote Originally Posted by anonj View Post
    Huge win for Cut and huge for our defense. It's pretty ridiculous seeing the guys we're getting to commit as opposed to just a few years ago. This coaching staff has made huge strides on the field and it's truly paying off in the recruiting game. Guys like Bracey, Hill, Deveaux and Birmingham along with Humphreys, Rosene, Boyce and Baker in the last class are big. These are players that the top 15 football schools in the country were hoping to get and we snagged them. Common theme among them is speed at the skill positions and big at the line of scrimmage.

Great news. Welcome to Duke! Go Cut!

This is great news. Recruiting has definitely turned the corner. Brandon Hill is from the same high school as current OT Gabe Brandner.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by anonj View Post

"Duke Hill"?!?!? You about gave me a heart attack! Then I realized Hill was the kid's name. I was afraid there was a new nomenclature linking us to that ugly shade of blue down the road.

Punctuation, please! (just messing with you)

Recruits fill the spots of grads.

Great video on GoDuke.com of Pro Day is up. Best of luck to our graduates; our new guys coming in have big shoes to fill and great opportunities to carve their own future!

Amazing job of recruiting, which seems to get better and better. Of course, when you recruit top talent, you start entering the world of having your recruits flipped. Let's hope our guys are firmly committed. It's also why college football needs an early signing period, but that's a different topic. Great recruiting start so far. Very excited to see how it progresses.