Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by duke blue brewcrew View Post
    Any news on upcoming announcements of any prime targets that I may have missed? Menet? Yarbrough? Bueller?
    I've read Yarbrough will announce on May 21.
    Bob Green

Updated Rankings

ESPN recently updated their rankings and OT Robert Kraeling and OG Jaylen Miller are now rated 4*. That means 7 of 10 verbal commits are ranked 4* by either ESPN or Scout:

Scott Bracey - 4* on ESPN & Scout
    Mark Birmingham - 4* on ESPN & Scout
    Chazz Surratt - 4* on ESPN & Scout
    Robert Kraeling - 4* on ESPN
    Jaylen Miller - 4* on ESPN
    Brandon Hill - 4* on Scout
    Liam Smith - 4* on Scout

Player camps will take place in June and July so we should see some recruiting activity during those months.
    Last edited by Bob Green; 04-24-2015 at 05:56 PM.
    Bob Green

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    ESPN recently updated their rankings and OT Robert Kraeling and OG Jaylen Miller are now rated 4*. That means 7 of 10 verbal commits are ranked 4* by either ESPN or Scout:
    One day we'll be watching games on Coach Cut Field.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    And if we are lucky, we will be sitting in the Coach Scotty Montgomery luxury box.

Scott Bracey - 4* on ESPN & Scout
    Mark Birmingham - 4* on ESPN & Scout
    Chazz Surratt - 4* on ESPN & Scout
    Robert Kraeling - 4* on ESPN
    Jaylen Miller - 4* on ESPN
    Brandon Hill - 4* on Scout
    Liam Smith - 4* on Scout

Player camps will take place in June and July so we should see some recruiting activity during those months.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    And if we are lucky, we will be sitting in the Coach Scotty Montgomery luxury box.
    Football school.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

I strongly suspect that will actually happen in the near future. First the palace must be completed.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I strongly suspect that will actually happen in the near future. First the palace must be completed.
    And an ACC championship or two needs to be won. I truly believe that will happen in the near future. I can't wait to wear that t-shirt.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

And an ACC championship or two needs to be won. I truly believe that will happen in the near future. I can't wait to wear that t-shirt.
    I think Cut gets the field named after him with or without an ACC Championship. The job he's done has been remarkable. But sure, throw in a championship or two and I'm fine with that.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I think Cut gets the field named after him with or without an ACC Championship. The job he's done has been remarkable. But sure, throw in a championship or two and I'm fine with that.
    lets get a bowl win first. then we can chat about naming the field.
    April 1

ESPN noticing

Duke making moves on the trail

Kraeling became the most recent of that group to pledge his future to Durham, N.C., on April 12. And Duke made more noise this week by landing its fourth-highest recruit, four-star athlete Chazz Surratt (Denver, N.C./East Lincoln), who could be the program's quarterback of the future after picking Duke on Tuesday over North Carolina, Wake Forest and Clemson.

Duke's three current ESPN 300 commits trails just Florida State (10), Miami (9) and Clemson (4) in the ACC. Duke currently has 10 players committed from the 2016 class.

J.J. Molson

Duke needs a FG kicker in 2016:

Bob Green

I can't think of a last name that's more Canadian than "Molson". And for long range scoring potential, "J.J." is also a pretty good name to have.

J.J. For 3...

I can't judge those distances very well so I'll assume he's regularly banging them through the uprights from about 60 yards, in addition to hammering those punts 60+ yards with hang times averaging about 10 seconds . (Cinder block measurements just don't translate well to the gridiron.)

Seriously, thanks for finding and sharing, Bob.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Double dip of the Blue Devil chip one more time?

In the incredibly high hopes that Ingram commits to Duke this evening, what are the chances that Duke Football could score a big commit today as well? Last week, the day that Thornton committed to play basketball for Duke, Chazz Surratt became the first 4Star QB commit for Coach Cut since Renfree. Can we get a repeat today? Menet? Yarbrough? A big time RB, DL or LB maybe? That would be AWESOME!

In the incredibly high hopes that Ingram commits to Duke this evening, what are the chances that Duke Football could score a big commit today as well? Last week, the day that Thornton committed to play basketball for Duke, Chazz Surratt became the first 4Star QB commit for Coach Cut since Renfree. Can we get a repeat today? Menet? Yarbrough? A big time RB, DL or LB maybe? That would be AWESOME!
    Inasmuch as a basketball team brings in 3-5 guys a year and a football team brings in 16-20 or so, I hope Cut isn't dependent of basketball commitments.

OK FB recruits... Now that Ingram is in the big royal blue truck, aren't we due today for another FB commitment???
    Who's going to step up next??

Quote Originally Posted by -bdbd View Post
    OK FB recruits... Now that Ingram is in the big royal blue truck, aren't we due today for another FB commitment???
    Who's going to step up next??
    That's what I'm talking about right there. I'm a greedy Duke fan who wants to double dip my Blue Devil Recruiting Glory chip!

Here is an article which recaps the recent visit of DE prospect Houston Miller (6'3" 228):

http://duke.scout.com/story/1541731-...aps-duke-visit

Miller has Power 5 conference offers from Duke, Boston College, California, Iowa and Vanderbilt.

Miller could see his stock rise as the spring evaluation period continues, especially after his eye-opening testing performance at Nike's The Opening Dallas regional camp in mid-March, when he ran a 4.67 laser-timed 40 and recorded a very impressive 4.18-second pro agility, possibly easing concerns about his ability to move laterally in space when playing as a stand-up defender.
    Bob Green

He looks like a beast. Would love to see him at the Devil position.

In addition to the team's you mention, it looks like Missou and Arkansas may be getting interested too. So his star is rising. Like to hear that Cut was the first to target him though -- both in terms of what he hopefully takes from that, and Cut's proven ability to find talent before the ratings sheets catch up.