Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

I can't be more excited

Everything happening in and around this program is amazing! I'm pretty sure everything Cut touches turns to gold (especially recruits! Our awesome group of starting DB's has four 2 stars and one 3 star recruit with 2 all-american's)

I believe Duke fans are due for a little recruiting news this week, yes? Here's hoping it's some good news that leads to a snowball of committs headed to Durham.

Quote Originally Posted by duke blue brewcrew View Post
    I believe Duke fans are due for a little recruiting news this week, yes?
    If you're referring to OT Clark Yarbrough, who was scheduled to announce on May 21, he has delayed his decision.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    If you're referring to OT Clark Yarbrough, who was scheduled to announce on May 21, he has delayed his decision.
    I've been traveling for over a week for work and lost touch a little bit. I was thinking Chidi Okonya was announcing this week also, but it appears he's already committed to the Vols. I was hopeful on him, that's a bummer. It would appear that Parker Braun is high on Duke these days. Does anyone know his time frame for a decision?

It sounds as if Menet could be deciding soon as well. Does Duke have room for 1 or 2 more OL committs? I'm intrigued by Parker Braun. His offer list speaks for itself and he seems very high on the Blue Devils. My assumption/speculation is, Braun may be waiting for those two guys to make their move?

Yarbrough chose Stanford. Menet and Braun still in play. Either would be fabulous.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Yarbrough chose Stanford. Menet and Braun still in play. Either would be fabulous.
    Braun is an OG, Menet is OT - there's no conflict there, so hopefully Duke lands them both if they have room.

Braun is an OG, Menet is OT - there's no conflict there, so hopefully Duke lands them both if they have room.
    I'm pretty sure Duke has made it clear that we will only accept one more commitment from the OL for 2016, but I may be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by mbird30 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Duke has made it clear that we will only accept one more commitment from the OL for 2016, but I may be wrong.
    I'm pretty sure Duke would take both, should the opportunity present itself.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    I'm pretty sure Duke would take both, should the opportunity present itself.
    Jim, or anyone else in the know, how many recruits will Duke look to bring in in the 2016 class? The number is dependent upon how many redshirt juniors move on, so it is a moving target with 20 - 22 being my ballpark guess.
    Bob Green

The plan may have been for four OL this class, but Duke couldn't possibly turn down either Menet or Braun...however, it seems unlikely we'd get both anyway, but stranger things have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    The plan may have been for four OL this class, but Duke couldn't possibly turn down either Menet or Braun...
    Looking at the ESPN300 list, Menet (51) and Braun (220) are ranked higher than any of our current verbal commits. WR Scott Bracey (222), OT Robert Kraeling (270), TE Mark Birmingham (281) and RB Brittain Brown (283) are the four Duke verbal commits on the ESPN300 list. As budwom states, Coach Cutcliffe and staff will find room for both Menet and Braun if they decide to head to Durham.
    Bob Green

Looking at the ESPN300 list, Menet (51) and Braun (220) are ranked higher than any of our current verbal commits. WR Scott Bracey (222), OT Robert Kraeling (270), TE Mark Birmingham (281) and RB Brittain Brown (283) are the four Duke verbal commits on the ESPN300 list. As budwom states, Coach Cutcliffe and staff will find room for both Menet and Braun if they decide to head to Durham.
    I agreed before this post, but looking at it in this context makes it a no-brainer. As always, solid info Bob.

Jim, or anyone else in the know, how many recruits will Duke look to bring in in the 2016 class? The number is dependent upon how many redshirt juniors move on, so it is a moving target with 20 - 22 being my ballpark guess.
    Right now, there's only technically room for three more players in the class (would put them at 14). As we know, with normal attrition there will be more than that but I think 20 is the max without some early entrants to the draft, transfers or medicals.

Duke Football Scholarship Grid

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    Right now, there's only technically room for three more players in the class (would put them at 14). As we know, with normal attrition there will be more than that but I think 20 is the max without some early entrants to the draft, transfers or medicals.
    Thanks for the scholarship grid! It provides solid information that is much appreciated. I normally bring up the roster at GoDuke and manually count while drinking beer at my kitchen table. For some reason, I lose count frequently.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post

Duke Football Scholarship Grid
    Kudos on the chart, very good work there.

Thanks for the scholarship grid! It provides solid information that is much appreciated. I normally bring up the roster at GoDuke and manually count while drinking beer at my kitchen table. For some reason, I lose count frequently.
    Ha ha, I'm sure I made some mistakes as well. With more eyeballs, you may be able to point them out.

Lose count of what, roster spots, beers, kitchen tables or all of the above?
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Menet to announce choice May 29

https://twitter.com/Mike_Menet72

Key recruiting target Mike Menet will announce his choice (down to Penn State and Duke, according to all indications) at his high school on May 29.

Menet Update...

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    https://twitter.com/Mike_Menet72

Key recruiting target Mike Menet will announce his choice (down to Penn State and Duke, according to all indications) at his high school on May 29.
    Yes, and I saw this on 247 - http://duke.247sports.com/Bolt/Menet...ounce-37391238