Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    And his great TV commercials for Kodak with Mariette Hartley. Were so good they they were constantly asked if they were married in real life. I think she took to wearing a T-shirt that said something like "I am not James Garner's wife."

Would have surprised his real wife of (lasted I think abt 58 years)

A talented actor and apparently a gentleman in real life.

May his memory be a blessing to those who knew and loved him.
    I remember those Great Commercials!!! And loved James Garner in The Rockford Files, YaYa Sisterhood, Victor Victoria, etc.
    I just watched on DVD a couple of weeks ago, one of my all time favorite Movies, "The NOTEBOOK", and another movie "The Ultimate Gift" which was filmed in Charlotte, NC.

RIP Mr Garner, a great talent and a true Gentleman.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilWearsPrada View Post
    I remember those Great Commercials!!! And loved James Garner in The Rockford Files, YaYa Sisterhood, Victor Victoria, etc.
    I just watched on DVD a couple of weeks ago, one of my all time favorite Movies, "The NOTEBOOK", and another movie "The Ultimate Gift" which was filmed in Charlotte, NC.

RIP Mr Garner, a great talent and a true Gentleman.
    I was amused to see TMZ's first headline on his death reading ..."star of The Notebook", rather than Rockford Files, Maverick, Great Escape, etc.

Children. :-)

(I've not watched The Notebook, so I'm not commenting on its quality.)

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    I was amused to see TMZ's first headline on his death reading ..."star of The Notebook", rather than Rockford Files, Maverick, Great Escape, etc.

Children. :-)

(I've not watched The Notebook, so I'm not commenting on its quality.)
    To be fair, I think we can safely assume the Venn Diagram overlap of "People who watched primetime television in the '70's" and "People who check out TMZ on a regular basis" is probably fairly small. I think they're probably just writing for (most of) their audience.

Sidenote, I once attended a "Funny t-shirt" party wearing a shirt that said "Attention, Ladies: I enjoyed The Notebook."

I'll throw in another plug for Barbarians at the Gate -- based on a true story of corporate raidership. He is great, as is Jonathan Pryce.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I'll throw in another plug for Barbarians at the Gate -- based on a true story of corporate raidership. He is great, as is Jonathan Pryce.
    LOVE Barbarians at the Gate. Scene when they describe the taste and smell of the Premier smokeless cigarette is comedy gold. Also for Breaking Bad fans one ASAC Schrader is confirming what the smell is.