Biggest Loser of All Time

Lost his last game.

A lot of us watched the Globetrotters. And watched the Generals lose. Over and over and over again. (We're Duke , we really get it! cf football and baseball.)

Klotz lost thousands of games. And kept coming back. (Let's hope we do the same post-K!)

-jk

RIP Mr. Klotz.
    "lost underwater, on ice and on cement" He sounds like one cool customer. Bet he had a blast of a life!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Klotz himself was responsible for the Globetrotters’ last recognized loss, hitting a last-second shot in 1971 at age 51 while player-coach of the New Jersey Reds. He played against the Globetrotters until he was 68, and still played pickup games until a few years before his death.
    I watched the Globetrotters play in Cameron when I was a kid, so that means there is a real high probability that he walked out a loser from our hallowed grounds, too. Only, hopefully, he did it with a smile.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

May we all be so lucky - doing exactly what we want, on our own terms... Oh to be such losers as this.

I saw the title of this thread and thought, "I hope it's not me."

Watching the Globetrotters live is a childhood memory I'll never forget. And I had no idea the opposition were shills or that the refs were in on it. I'm glad I didn't until years later, so a big RIP to a great actor.

There are two early 50s movies starring the trotters -- my favorite is Go, Man, Go from 1954, but many prefer the 1951 movie The Harlem Globetrotters. Aside from stories made up to tie things together, they both show early play of the original trotters, including Goose Tatum and Marques Haynes. These early teams played to entertain, but there was more pure basketball than in later years. Woth viewing, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by mgtr View Post
    There are two early 50s movies starring the trotters -- my favorite is Go, Man, Go from 1954, but many prefer the 1951 movie The Harlem Globetrotters. Aside from stories made up to tie things together, they both show early play of the original trotters, including Goose Tatum and Marques Haynes. These early teams played to entertain, but there was more pure basketball than in later years. Woth viewing, in my opinion.
    Remember the cartoons in the '70's? It made sense at the time . . . .