Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Open - Golf

The Open - Golf

I'm looking forward to this championship - but jeez can't the British adapt to our time zones. What's with Tiger teeing off at 4:04AM? Don't the British know we sleep at 4AM? Maybe they are having a cup of tee at 4AM, but not us Americans.

OK actually, this is going to be an interesting open. Tiger won Hoylake last time without the driver, so it obviously favors skill over distance.

I'm predicting Tiger does pretty well even as rusty as he is. But it is golf. By the way, the high here in WV today was about 73 degrees and it was awesome for my game.
    ~rthomas

Here is a link that list all tomorrow's tee times:

http://scores.espn.go.com/golf/leaderboard

Ernie Els, Phil Mickleson and Bubba Watson at 9:05 am. Kevin Streelman at 7:32 am. Rickie Fowler at 3:37 am. Martin Kaymer at 8:38 am. The list goes on.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    I'm looking forward to this championship - but jeez can't the British adapt to our time zones. What's with Tiger teeing off at 4:04AM? Don't the British know we sleep at 4AM? Maybe they are having a cup of tee at 4AM, but not us Americans.

OK actually, this is going to be an interesting open. Tiger won Hoylake last time without the driver, so it obviously favors skill over distance.

I'm predicting Tiger does pretty well even as rusty as he is. But it is golf. By the way, the high here in WV today was about 73 degrees and it was awesome for my game.

Just move to the west coast and you can start watching the Open Championship on Wednesday night.

I look forward to any major championship, but this one should be more interesting than the average Open Championship due to the Tiger factor. And as always with the Open, the weather will be a huge factor. Rain is likely Friday, Saturday and Sunday, although the winds are not forecast to be too bad.
    Singler is IRON

I STILL GOT IT! -- Ryan Kelly, March 2, 2013

Tiger in with 69, Rory 67, good scoring conditions so far, but the weather's expected to worsen over the next 3 days.

Should be fun to watch!

My bad, Rory 66.

Looks like the morning wave caught quite a break as the evening groupings scores were much higher. Almost all the top scores were shot early in the day.

It will be interesting to see if Tiger can keep the good play going. Was this just a flash in the pan or can he be consistent enough over 4 days to be in contention? I have to admit I wrote him off after what happened at Congressional.

Lots of big names near the top of the board. Should make for a fun weekend. Looks like Rory is going to have to remain single for the rest of his career if he wants to play well
    "The future ain't what it used to be."

Quote Originally Posted by DUKIECB View Post
    It will be interesting to see if Tiger can keep the good play going.
    Well it didn't take long to answer that question. Tiger opens today with double bogey and bogey on the first 2 holes.

After opening yesterday with 2 bogeys he is now +5 on holes 1 and 2 and -5 on holes 3 - 18. He rebounded nicely yesterday but with the conditions much worse today, I don't see it happening again.

Broken record time here...said it before, will say it again...Tiger will never win another major.

Sixty-five year old dude will be making the cut.

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    Sixty-five year old dude will be making the cut.
    And Tiger just tripled 17 and needs to birdie 18 just to make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Udaman View Post
    Broken record time here...said it before, will say it again...Tiger will never win another major.
    We Know. We know. You say it every year. Yet you haven't made your millions on your prediction. Or have you???
    ~rthomas

We Know. We know. You say it every year. Yet you haven't made your millions on your prediction. Or have you???
    Well, we do know no one is going to make millions betting for him.

Rory with a second strong round.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Well, we do know no one is going to make millions betting for him.

Rory with a second strong round.
    I don't disagree but the point is that if I predict everyone loses The Open, I am correct 99.33% of the time. Obviously, it's much harder to pick the winner.
    ~rthomas

I don't disagree but the point is that if I predict everyone loses The Open, I am correct 99.33% of the time. Obviously, it's much harder to pick the winner.
    Which McIlroy's dad may have done, 10 years ago. £400 bet may turn into £200,000, if McIlroy holds on tomorrow.

http://espn.go.com/golf/theopen14/st...y-win-title-26

Sweet bet.
    ~rthomas

Last night, I said confidently to a friend, Udaman style, that there was no way Rory would shoot another 66 today.

Maybe it wasn't likely, he said, but it was certainly possible.

I guess he was right.

Game on!!!

Sergio with eagle pulls to 2, not quite a walk in the park!! Want to see this come down to the wire.

I think I shall watch the rest while taking lunch.

Apparently dumping one's fiancee after sending out wedding invitations has little to no impact on one's golf game 2 months later.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Apparently dumping one's fiancee after sending out wedding invitations has little to no impact on one's golf game 2 months later.
    History shows that lack of fidelity does not adversely impact a PGA golfer until someone goes after them with a seven iron.

I was immensely impressed this weekend, and in the U.S. Open, with Rickie Fowler. The way he putts, I expect he will be winning a major championship in the near future.
    Bob Green