Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Where did PJ get the money for the gold Escalade Gordon was driving? If an advance from the "agent," the "agent" missed the window for paying this year's dues to be a certified agent, so he might be out those $s
    He did earn some money in the D-league last year. I don't know how much those guys are typically paid but it's probably more than I made last year.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    He ain't no brain trust. His brain done r-u-n-n-o-f-t.
    He won't get the treasure that he seeks on account of the ob-stac-les in his path.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

That remains one of the greatest and most quotable movies ever.

I guess what I'm saying is: I'm with you fellas!

"Roy? PJ? You two's dumber than a bag of hammers"

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    "Roy? PJ? You two's dumber than a bag of hammers"
    Oh brother!

UNC has sold it's collective soul... "cus they wont using it nun..."

Quote Originally Posted by nocilla View Post
    He did earn some money in the D-league last year. I don't know how much those guys are typically paid but it's probably more than I made last year.
    Perhaps more than you made but a lot less than an Escalade. Typical salaries are in $12-24,000 range (NBA players in the D-League would still be paid their NBA salary).

Doubt he can afford it at the moment, but a dealer might consider his credit good based on his future earnings.

Quote Originally Posted by nocilla View Post
    Did he have an agent for that?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by bob blue devil View Post
    Did he have an agent for that?
    If it was the same guy that he has now, then no.

Edit...after a quick read through a story on WRAL...the answer is most likely "no". Morrow is not an agent registered with the NBPA or in the state of NC.

Hairston, who was ruled ineligible at UNC in December for multiple NCAA infractions, including accepting rental cars from known felon Haydn “Fats” Thomas, tweeted out in January, “My dream stands in front of me, Next stop Chi town!” He later Tweeted about signing with Morrow and UMG, saying he found his “new home.”
    The signing, captured in a photo on the UMG website, took place in Chicago before Hairston headed to Frisco, Texas, where he played for the NBA Developmental League’s Texas Legends.

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/hairsto...MDTyK6DAqCb.99
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post

Totally agree. Unless he gets real help, new friends, and new advisors, all of those basketball talents are going to go to waste. He simply will not last in the NBA. There's a quote Mark Thomas coined concerning athlete's that I agree with. "If you are better than you are crazy, a team will put up with your craziness, but if you are crazier than you are good, they will cut you loose" or something to that effect. Rodman was crazy but a rebounding machine who helped two teams win 4 Titles. Artest is a beast on the floor most of the time, and teams have kept him around despite the craziness.

PJ may not be as crazy as those two examples, but he certainly is not as talented as either of them either.

Unless something changes, he is going to fall into that latter category Thomas describes, and find himself in one of the International Leagues, or worse, not on anyone's team.

Despite the fact he his a heel, I really do not wish him that fate.

So like you put it Duvall, somebody please help this kid before he ends up in jail or worse.

Well, P.J.'s not off to a great start. He scored seven points while shooting 2-for-16 (1-for-10 on three-pointers) in Charlotte's inaugural NBA summer league game yesterday, which the Hornets lost 70-58 to Golden State. (P.J.'s former Heel teammate, James Michael McAdoo, tallied a respectable 11 points on 4-for-7 shooting for the Warriors.) If P.J. doesn't step it up, he could find himself in a tight spot.

But P.J. can take some comfort in the fact that he actually shot better than Charlotte's lottery pick Noah Vonleh, who went 0-for-13.
    Last edited by Tom B.; 07-12-2014 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom B. View Post
    ... P.J. can take some comfort in the fact that he actually shot better than Charlotte's lottery pick Noah Vonleh, who went 0-for-13.
    Noah got so frustrated that he tried to slam the ball on the floor, but he missed ...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom B. View Post
    Well, P.J.'s not off to a great start. He scored seven points while shooting 2-for-16 (1-for-10 on three-pointers) in Charlotte's inaugural NBA summer league game yesterday, which the Hornets lost 70-58 to Golden State. (P.J.'s former Heel teammate, James Michael McAdoo, tallied a respectable 11 points on 4-for-7 shooting for the Warriors.) If P.J. doesn't step it up, he could find himself in a tight spot.But P.J. can take some comfort in the fact that he actually shot better than Charlotte's lottery pick Noah Vonleh, who went 0-for-13.
    But PJ will never be without a ride. He can call on Fats anytime. GoDuke!