USB 3.0 and wi-fi interruption

just spent about 2 hours of trouble shooting and tech support calls to accidentally learn that a USB 3.0 device, or, a hub in my situation, can cause 2.5ghz wi-fi interruption to the point where moving the hub a mere 8 inches can restore it....

my new Mac Pro trashcan is very fast, and very powerful....too bad it didn't know that...

anyone else in the world know this? i hurt my arm patting myself on the back....
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    just spent about 2 hours of trouble shooting and tech support calls to accidentally learn that a USB 3.0 device, or, a hub in my situation, can cause 2.5ghz wi-fi interruption to the point where moving the hub a mere 8 inches can restore it....

my new Mac Pro trashcan is very fast, and very powerful....too bad it didn't know that...

anyone else in the world know this? i hurt my arm patting myself on the back....
    I didn't know, but it is the third auto complete search on google as you type out your thread subject.

PC Mag has a good, brief article on the topic.

Apparently USB 3.0 operates in the 5 GHz spectrum but is noisy in the 2.4GHz spectrum.

One possible solution (depending on your router) is to move all your wireless devices to the 5 GHz radio, avoiding the interference on the 2.4GHz band.