Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Actually, some translations of Herodotus suggest similar descriptions of supporters of competing Olympians.

There is also anecdotal evidence that Caligula regularly commanded such inversions, often with the forcible assistance of legionnaires, but it is doubtful that it was in the context of fanbase rooting.
    Are you sure it was Caligula and not this guy?

Doug_Wojcik_Mens_Basketball_coach_at_Tulsa_50067.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    Yes, they've accurately predicted twelve of the last four UNC scandals.
    They are a zealous bunch, aren't they?
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    They are a zealous bunch, aren't they?
    Yeah, that's right now how do we give sporks to them?

Actually, some translations of Herodotus suggest similar descriptions of supporters of competing Olympians.

There is also anecdotal evidence that Caligula regularly commanded such inversions, often with the forcible assistance of legionnaires, but it is doubtful that it was in the context of fanbase rooting.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    FYI, rectal-crainial inversions were first discovered in sports fan bases during the mid 60's in Clemson SC.
    Which could explain how they were able to lodge their crania so far up their recta
    Yes, they've accurately predicted twelve of the last four UNC scandals.
    Guys, stop it. My keyboard can only take so much backwashed coke zero.

This is why I come to DBR. I'd love to know what IC members think when they read a battery of posts like this..."The I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. board seems to have gotten way off topic, I think they've become a sports medicine board, which is funny b/c our med school is way better!"

WRAL is holding a purported live townhall program tomorrow with the ADs from Duke, UNC, NCSU, and NCCU. They are asking for questions to be submitted to a hashtag. The wuffies are having a field day but I am guessing WRAL will censor them out.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/fantownhall

Quote Originally Posted by BigWayne View Post
    WRAL is holding a purported live townhall program tomorrow with the ADs from Duke, UNC, NCSU, and NCCU. They are asking for questions to be submitted to a hashtag. The wuffies are having a field day but I am guessing WRAL will censor them out.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/fantownhall
    Maybe someone can help me understand what's "live" about a "town hall" if the questions are screened in advance rather than posed by members of the town in the hall. I guess that just means they have "Applause" signs instead of a laugh track? How is it different from a straight up taped interview where the journalists ask prepared questions?

Quote Originally Posted by Henderson View Post
    Maybe someone can help me understand what's "live" about a "town hall" if the questions are screened in advance rather than posed by members of the town in the hall. I guess that just means they have "Applause" signs instead of a laugh track? How is it different from a straight up taped interview where the journalists ask prepared questions?
    I am very interested to see how it pans out. Anyone can see the questions being thrown in the hopper on the internet, the vast majority of which are about the UNC scandal. My guess is that the pressure will be on in the morning for the UNC PR people to fill up the hopper with some softball questions.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by blueduke59 View Post
    John Broward @ACCRecruitingXP · 12h
    More UNC NCAA violations involving Dexter Strickland, Danny Green,Hairston, John Henson, &Leslie McDonald to be revealed this week. @NCAA
    I'm still waiting!!!! Whoever John Broward is, he's since deleted his prognostications. How shocking. All 249 of his followers must be very disappointed.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I'm still waiting!!!! Whoever John Broward is, he's since deleted his prognostications. How shocking. All 249 of his followers must be very disappointed.
    If it's actual NCAA sanctions, won't thatl be up to UNC to announce them? They probably won't do that until an appeal is filed and processed. So the lack of an announcement doesn't mean a lot.

But if they WERE going to announce it, it would be late on a Friday afternoon which is become UNC's MO.... the patented Friday 5pm info dump

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by blueduke59 View Post
    If it's actual NCAA sanctions, won't thatl be up to UNC to announce them? They probably won't do that until an appeal is filed and processed. So the lack of an announcement doesn't mean a lot.

But if they WERE going to announce it, it would be late on a Friday afternoon which is become UNC's MO.... the patented Friday 5pm info dump
    Don't hold your breath. 99.9% of the time some guy that you have never heard of says something is going to happen, he's full of it. (5pm is a good time to sip this beer I'm holding, though. )
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Don't hold your breath. 99.9% of the time some guy that you have never heard of says something is going to happen, he's full of it. (5pm is a good time to sip this beer I'm holding, though. )
    While that may be true, we've had a Manalishi siting on Pack Pride today and whoever that individual is, they've been money in the back.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ncexnyc View Post
    While that may be true, we've had a Manalishi siting on Pack Pride today and whoever that individual is, they've been money in the back.
    money in the back can be embarrassing, particularly if you are confronted with "stop and frisk" in NYC. Money in the bank is good (or so I have always been taught).

And the Manalishi said....?
    WWJDD?

Quote Originally Posted by MulletMan View Post
    And the Manalishi said....?
    Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future.
    Wait, no - that was Yoda. Manalishi:

Everybody just relax.
    There is still plenty going on in the background, and some of it the media will not be touching for quite awhile.
    Q: What is the biggest risk of owning an exotic animal?... Some in CH are finding that out.

Everybody just relax.
    There is still plenty going on in the background, and some of it the media will not be touching for quite awhile.
    Q: What is the biggest risk of owning an exotic animal?... Some in CH are finding that out.
    Heard about that. In 2011-2012 they went to McDonald's farm found a Bullock-ed in the Barnes. The NCAA Marshall came having additionally heard about some chicken's children, you know... Hensons, locked in the Zeller. Tried to get a look down there but the lightbulb didn't have enough Watts. Left saying it was Mcadoo about nothing.
    Last edited by Skitzle; 07-23-2014 at 10:43 AM.

Wait, no - that was Yoda. Manalishi:
    Clearly Roy has a pet anaconda with whom he speaks in parsel-tongue. Always knew Roy was a Slitherin!

There's an old saying in the military, "Lead, follow, or get out of the way." Manalishi and a couple of others over at Pack Pride have been doing a lot of the ground work that has led to us having some good laughs at UNC's expense.

If you don't have anything worthwhile to add to this topic except for some smart aleck comments then do us a favor and stay out of this thread.

If you don't have anything worthwhile to add to this topic except for some smart aleck comments then do us a favor and stay out of this thread.
    That'll greatly reduce the number of my contributions ...

Wait, I guess it didn't

That'll greatly reduce the number of my contributions ...

Wait, I guess it didn't
    Can we take a vote? Smart alek comments are the best thing about this thread imo.

There's an old saying in the military, "Lead, follow, or get out of the way." Manalishi and a couple of others over at Pack Pride have been doing a lot of the ground work that has led to us having some good laughs at UNC's expense.

Can we change your name to "nycexncexnyc?"
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013