Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Well, if D-Wade is gonna be rested for 20+ games, Andre moves up a spot!
    Good point! Fingers crossed.

Dawkins getting his first NBA minutes tonight in mop up duty against the 76ers. I'm not sure he even touched the ball in two minutes of play, but hey, beats wearing a suit...

It's official!

Dawkins has now played in the NBA! Almost as much as Seth Curry has, but with fewer points. Hopefully Andre can rectify that (and that Seth gets a chance to score more NBA points too!).
    Anyway, congrats to Andre. I can't comprehend how far he's come and what he's had to do to get to this point, he's a champion!

He hasn't missed a shot his entire NBA career.

Quote Originally Posted by Henderson View Post
    He hasn't missed a shot his entire NBA career.
    Playing in mop up duty, his career has been pointless thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    Far from it. Andre will always and forever have been an NBA player, regardless of how long he sticks. That's not pointless.

Ouch. I'm with Hendo. Go Dre!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

This is three games into his rookie season! Give me and him a break.

I'm pretty sure he means pointless as "without points" instead of pointless/meaningless.

Well, he has played more than PJ Hairston...

Quote Originally Posted by duke09hms View Post
    I'm pretty sure he means pointless as "without points" instead of pointless/meaningless.
    Yes--it is a testament to how much the folks on this board love Andre Dawkins that they did not see the joke the OP surely intended.

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    Yes--it is a testament to how much the folks on this board love Andre Dawkins that they did not see the joke the OP surely intended.
    They didn't get the point?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    But he also hasn't missed!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    They didn't get the point?
    Neither did Andre Dawkins
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

If this thread is going to become a repository of pointless puns I have scores of groaners. Just put me in coach.

I thought it was a testament to how daft some people are. I though the pun was pretty obvious, especially considering the context... a DBR forum thread. Puns are a tradition around here.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Andre's NBA career is still pointless but at least he took a shot!

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400578342
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Andre's NBA career is still pointless but at least he took a shot!

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400578342
    So to speak. The puns in this thread just get better and better.

Also, he had the second best +/- on the Heat!

Unfortunately, it was -1 as only one Heat player had a positive +/-. Says more about the limits of +/- as a metric than it does about Andre's impact in his 2 minutes of play...

Andre

So to speak. The puns in this thread just get better and better.

Also, he had the second best +/- on the Heat!

Unfortunately, it was -1 as only one Heat player had a positive +/-. Says more about the limits of +/- as a metric than it does about Andre's impact in his 2 minutes of play...
    I stayed last night in AAA waiting for Andre to Check in, as the crowd thinned and the stampede to get out of there began I sat waiting for Andre. And finally Spo made it happen and I cheered as loudly as I could from sect 326 Row 1 seat 16. People looked back as they walked out to the concourse wondering what greatness must have just happened. Then they just shrugged and walked away while I waited. Finally he gets the ball hesitates a moment and then decides that its now or never, "Andre Lets it Fly!!!!" I stand up hands raised with three fingers held up on both hands...and clank. He bricked it off the back Iron and was never to get the ball again. Oh well I have 38 more games to watch him in person in garbage time.

Quote Originally Posted by AIRFORCEDUKIE View Post
    I stayed last night in AAA waiting for Andre to Check in, as the crowd thinned and the stampede to get out of there began I sat waiting for Andre. And finally Spo made it happen and I cheered as loudly as I could from sect 326 Row 1 seat 16. People looked back as they walked out to the concourse wondering what greatness must have just happened. Then they just shrugged and walked away while I waited. Finally he gets the ball hesitates a moment and then decides that its now or never, "Andre Lets it Fly!!!!" I stand up hands raised with three fingers held up on both hands...and clank. He bricked it off the back Iron and was never to get the ball again. Oh well I have 38 more games to watch him in person in garbage time.
    Bless you for your dedication. That story is sort of a metaphor for all of us who are standing up in section 326 with our arms raised, wishing the best for the young man.

I hope Andre knows that there are a lot of people out there pulling for him.