Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Go Duke!

Very true! We can still have a great season again. It just will be a little more challenging! Hoping for the best, though!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I still have high hopes for us. These injuries are devastating for the young men and our depth, but LB and TE are positions where other players are available to step up. Kelby Brown and Braxton Deaver cannot be replaced; however, Chris Holmes, C.J. France, Zavier Carmichael, David Reeves, Erich Schneider and others are waiting in the wings to prove their mettle. The players are certainly still focused upon 12-0, the fans need to stay the course.

This article takes a look at the TE situation and contains quotes from Anthony Boone, David Reeves and Erich Schneider:

http://bluedevilnation.net/2014/08/d...-two-punch-te/

Reeves is a proven starter, we shall see what Schneider brings onto the field. It is great to read the positive comments from the players.
    Bob Green

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Three players named to ESPN's Preseason All-ACC team. I would imagine that it might have been four had not Brown been injured.

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/i...all-acc-team-2
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Captains!

Anthony Boone, Kelby Brown, Jeremy Cash, Jamison Crowder and Laken Tomlinson

http://www.heraldsun.com/breakingnew...ootball-season

Dev11 is offline Commissioner of Statistics, DBR Podcast
    Quote Originally Posted by johnb View Post
    Anthony Boone, Kelby Brown, Jeremy Cash, Jamison Crowder and Laken Tomlinson

http://www.heraldsun.com/breakingnew...ootball-season
    I like that Kelby got the nod, but it would have been good to get 2 healthy defensive players on that list.

It appears Casey Blaser is on his way to earning his spot as the starting right tackle:

Stephen Wiseman ‏@stevewisemanNC · 5m
    Duke coach David Cutcliffe said Casey Blaser now working with No. 1 offense at RT, Tanner Stone No. 2. Also Lucas Patrick starting at LG
    Edit: One more tweet:

Duke Football ‏@Duke_FB · 1h
    Cutcliffe on the current depth along the offensive line: "I feel pretty comfortable."
    Last edited by Bob Green; 08-21-2014 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Add 2nd tweet
    Bob Green

Another prediction article:

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...n-preview-acc/

This one has Duke at #5 in the Coastal ahead of Georgia Tech and Virginia. I have to believe the national media is guilty of looking at what we have lost instead of what we have returning.

1. Our special teams should be some of the best in the conference: Monday, Martin, Crowder, Edwards
    2. Playmakers on offense: Crowder, Boone, Snead, Powell + at least one more receiver (Blakeney, McCaffrey, Barnes, Reeves, Lee, Taylor)
    3. Solid but not spectacular defense: Cash, Helton, Edwards, Borders, Bruce, Wray, Fields

I'll go on record right here, folks are under appreciative of the talent we can put on the field. Yes, our depth took a couple of serious blows, but Duke is a talented football team with a great coaching staff.
    Last edited by Bob Green; 08-22-2014 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Fix link
    Bob Green

This one has Duke at #5 in the Coastal ahead of Georgia Tech and Virginia. I have to believe the national media is guilty of looking at what we have lost instead of what we have returning.

1. Our special teams should be some of the best in the conference: Monday, Martin, Crowder, Edwards
    2. Playmakers on offense: Crowder, Boone, Snead, Powell + at least one more receiver (Blakeney, McCaffrey, Barnes, Reeves, Lee, Taylor)
    3. Solid but not spectacular defense: Cash, Helton, Edwards, Borders, Bruce, Wray, Fields

I'll go on record right here, folks are under appreciative of the talent we can put on the field. Yes, our depth took a couple of serious blows, but Duke is a talented football team with a great coaching staff.
    Let 'em sell us short right to the Championship game again.

Go DUKE!

As bad as losing players to injuries is, one benefit may be giving the team another season of united purpose/chip on the shoulder to prove doubters wrong.

That's the silver lining to the cloud, I am hopeful for another bowl bound winning season.

The running backs:

Bvwp_sDIIAIA0qj.jpg

I am looking forward to seeing those four student-athletes running the ball this season. Joseph Ajeigbe (#23) looks like a powerful young man.
    Bob Green

I just learned that Coach Cutcliffe's weekly show was on at noon today on Channel 11. I missed it, totally. Anybody know if it will be re-aired any time this week?

Given the significance of the injuries we've had in fall camp, this isn't a totally unreasonable prediction. In many respects, the Coastal division is a crapshoot—nobody really stands out from a raw talent standpoint, so it will largely boil down to schedule and coaching. Quite frankly, I like how we stack up against the others in both of those categories, so I'd rank us no lower than 3rd in the Coastal, with a solid shot to win it regardless of the injuries we've confronted thus far. This is where the 'next man in' mantra comes into play, and Coach Cut is the kind of guy who will likely get maximum production out of the next man/men in for Deaver and Brown.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
    I just learned that Coach Cutcliffe's weekly show was on at noon today on Channel 11. I missed it, totally. Anybody know if it will be re-aired any time this week?
    Since I am not local to Durham, I don't get it the same day it airs on WTVD. I have it set to record on my DVR, though. Off the top of my head, I don't know the date or channel (Wed night, I think), but I was able to find it using the search function on DirecTV. I know that's not a ton of help, but it at least lets you know it will air. Last year, they didn't show it until the morning of the game.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Since I am not local to Durham, I don't get it the same day it airs on WTVD. I have it set to record on my DVR, though. Off the top of my head, I don't know the date or channel (Wed night, I think), but I was able to find it using the search function on DirecTV. I know that's not a ton of help, but it at least lets you know it will air. Last year, they didn't show it until the morning of the game.
    Yeah, it will be on Saturday morning 8/30 at 9:30 AM on Channel 646 on DirecTV, which is Fox Sports South. It runs nearly a week behind the showing that is on in the Triangle, but at least we get to see it.

Didn't see this posted yet...very nice article on Laken Tomlinson.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/08/...d-side-in.html

Goduke.com will be posting the shows now as well. They have the post-Elon show up this morning.

http://www.goduke.com/mediaPortal/pl...db_oem_id=4200