Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bobby Hurley: "Wipe Out", The Surfaris.

If you were there, you know why.

Alaa's song, of course, was performed at Lip Sync '88.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post
    Country Grammar was a great song, that works for Semi.

Also, JJ's best youtube video is to Nas' "hate me now" which was great.
    While I was thinking of the Little Anthony and the imperials song (geezer alert), Country Grammar is much closer to being current and thus a better choice.

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    While I was thinking of the Little Anthony and the imperials song (geezer alert), Country Grammar is much closer to being current and thus a better choice.
    Heh...not to worry. I'd be willing to bet that today's players would consider Nelly to be just as much "geezer" music as Little Anthony and the Imperials. 'Country Grammar' came out 14 years ago, when Semi was approaching kindergarten.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Heh...not to worry. I'd be willing to bet that today's players would consider Nelly to be just as much "geezer" music as Little Anthony and the Imperials. 'Country Grammar' came out 14 years ago, when Semi was approaching kindergarten.
    True enough, sigh, though it may at least sound a little more like music of today than Little Anthony (of course, again, that is only to an ancient ear, likely incapable of hearing the fine distinctions in varieties of rap and hip hop).

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    True enough, sigh, though it may at least sound a little more like music of today than Little Anthony (of course, again, that is only to an ancient ear, likely incapable of hearing the fine distinctions in varieties of rap and hip hop).
    Guys... Semi knows Country Grammar. The Black Album came out 11 years ago and everybody under 25 knows that album. With I-Tunes/Grooveshark/Pandora, it's easier to listen to older stuff now a days. We have veered a little off course here I think. Back to business.

Nick Horvath- "She Blinded me with Science" Physics Major! At Duke?!!! Gotta be in the conversation for smartest Duke athlete of all time.
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post
    Guys... Semi knows Country Grammar. The Black Album came out 11 years ago and everybody under 25 knows that album.
    Country Grammar wasn't on the Black Album. Not even the same artist.
    Last edited by wilson; 06-02-2014 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Country Grammar wasn't on the Black Album. Not even the same artist.
    I know. It was another example of an older, really well known album even amongst 19 year olds. If you look at my original post, I said Country Grammar by Nelly, on the album Country Grammar, and I assumed, perhaps wrongfully so, that everyone knew Jay-Z did the Black Album.

Don't you worry your pretty little head about my knowledge of early 2000s rap my friend. I've refined my musical palate since then, but it doesn't mean I forget. I will admit that my previous post was a bit confusing. Here's to hoping it is cleared up.
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams