JJ article from our favorite ESPN subsidiary

I know, Grantland has a 50% approval rate on the boards but I did like this article on JJ. Was disappointed they did not bring up the dietary habits of the 2013-14 Duke basketball team.

This article embeds a video of JJ and a wristwatch expert examining and discussing JJ's highly distinguished collection of watches at some chic Soho boite...and this was included as definitive evidence that JJ has transformed from hated to cool...when I would imagine the popular response would be that this was evidence of him being an even bigger jerk. I guess once you get laundered from hated to liked, everything you do is pretty likable. If he shared his poetry now, would that be considered cool?

Whatever, I am happy he made it to the other side. I wish his team was still playing.

That's some serious cash thrown down on that collection of watches. Very nice stuff!

It was disappointing to watch L.A lose last night. I've watched every playoff game they played this year to finally see JJ get the much deserved playing time he's earned. It sucks he's out on the west coast now, my lack of sleep the next morning catches up to me a lot faster than it did 10 years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    That's some serious cash thrown down on that collection of watches. Very nice stuff!

It was disappointing to watch L.A lose last night. I've watched every playoff game they played this year to finally see JJ get the much deserved playing time he's earned. It sucks he's out on the west coast now, my lack of sleep the next morning catches up to me a lot faster than it did 10 years ago!
    Two things:

1. Did you notice that he said the first big watch purchase, a rolex, was the night before the draft. BUT, he didn't up the ante until he signed his second contract. Smart move, young grasshopper.

2. While I do torture myself staying up late, I also do a lot of DVR and early morning watching, carefully avoiding the internet for spoilers. I highly recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    This article embeds a video of JJ and a wristwatch expert examining and discussing JJ's highly distinguished collection of watches at some chic Soho boite...
    aside from perplexing me about how in the hell people can justify spending that much on a watch, this video includes a nice tidbit about how JJ took Italian during his junior year since he thought he would have to play professionally in Italy. wow - even though he was all-american that year, i guess he was still never sure he would find a place.