Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Duke Basketball Players Diet

Their needs to be an explanation as to why Duke lost to Mercer in the first round. I won't except that Mercer was just better. Were the players too tired? Was it a bad shooting day? Or was Mercer more prepared? My thoughts...

Maybe it is there diet. Maybe after a hard practice they do not refill themselves with proper proteins in order for muscles to recover. Also (my proof is a clip) they need to stop eating fast foods. Proper nutrition is the bulk as to maybe Duke didn't have it against Mercer? Duke players didn't allow themselves the proper nutrition needed to be sustained for an entire season. Your thoughts?

I have no evidence to support or deny your hypothesis.

I think a likeable, talented, but flawed team was simply exposed by a less talented opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke3517 View Post
    Their needs to be an explanation as to why Duke lost to Mercer in the first round. I won't except that Mercer was just better. Were the players too tired? Was it a bad shooting day? Or was Mercer more prepared? My thoughts...

Maybe it is there diet. Maybe after a hard practice they do not refill themselves with proper proteins in order for muscles to recover. Also (my proof is a clip) they need to stop eating fast foods. Proper nutrition is the bulk as to maybe Duke didn't have it against Mercer? Duke players didn't allow themselves the proper nutrition needed to be sustained for an entire season. Your thoughts?
    Maybe we should just give all of our players a stool analysis after every loss, just to make sure they are getting proper nutrition. I'll go ahead make a motion to name you the official stool analyst of the Duke basketball program.

There needs to be an explanation as to why posters don't understand simple rules of English. I won't accept that this post isn't some sort of joke.

But if I'm wrong and your question is serious, the answer is simply that sometimes the better team doesn't win. There is no magic explanation that if fixed will keep Duke from ever again being upset by a lower-seeded team. We all just have to deal with it.

I apologize that my browser gave me except instead of accept. I was typing too fast. I really wish you were my english teacher.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I apologize that my browser gave me except instead of accept. I was typing too fast. I really wish you were my english teacher.
    It also swapped both your versions of your use of "their/there". Your browser is obviously evil. Or infested with roundworms.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Should have gotten Todd to go get some crab legs from the Kroger on Hillsborough. Oh well, live and learn. Nick has plenty of money, he can be the crab leg guy for the next few years without going all Jameis on everyone.
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    I'll go ahead make a motion to name you the official stool analyst of the Duke basketball program.
    Seconded. The original poster is full of... qualifications.

Wasn't the 2013-2014 season given enough of an autopsy already? No need to exhume the body and do it over again.

Teams lose. Despite what the Connecticut Huskies might be telling you, championship runs are exceedingly uncommon. All of the participants have come to accept this. Why can't you?

I swear, sports would be so much better without the fans.

There are 351 Division I basketball teams. Each year, only one can make a championship run. I would dare say our diet is better than at least 317 programs, as that is the number of programs who don't have a national championship banner hanging from their gym's ceiling.
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post
    ... Nick has plenty of money, he can be the crab leg guy for the next few years without going all Jameis on everyone.
    Pretty sure Nick prefers lahbstar.

And here we are folks: the offical offseason thread!

Beats the Sterling one. Though both seem to cover a similar topic.

Only on the DBR will you find a thread about poo, littered with grammatical critique. I believe we just won the webbernets.
    Last edited by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15; 05-06-2014 at 06:45 AM. Reason: Sticky fingers on my tablet, intense awareness of irony.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain_Devil_91_92_01_10 View Post
    And here we are folks: the offical offseason thread!

Beats the Sterling one. Though both seem to cover a similar topic.

Only on the DBR will you find a thread about poo, littered with grammatical critique. I believe we just won the webbernets.
    Without this thread, we'd only have one thread with active posts since 9 something last night. And that thread discussion re: Roy and the Lakers is as much a fabrication as this one. Need more entertainment.

Is this really a thread? I am speechless.

Wait... No I'm not. Shabazz Napier went to bed starving at UConn. UConn won the national title. We need to starve our players. OP was right...our training table is all wrong.

Off to bang my head against a wall.
    WWJDD?

Folks, this is a serious problem.

A serious problem that demands a serious thread for serious times.

I believe posters are answering in a serious manner. I mean these posts are seriously funny.

This is stupid of me, but it's the offseason, so I'll play along.

What evidence do you have that a) the training table food being provided for the players does not provide a good, healthy diet; b) more broadly, the players' diets are not good and healthy; c) that the particular food particular players ate contributed to particular problems in particular games?

If Jabari was scarfing Double Downs at halftime and then had poor second half performances, maybe we'd have something here, but I don't believe that to be the case. As a general matter, these guys get the benefit of excellent health and wellness programs, including as to diet.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

I think the issue is that they closed the Dillo. Everyone knows that Mexican food gives you a physical edge against opponents.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    I think the issue is that they closed the Dillo. Everyone knows that Mexican food gives you a physical edge against opponents.
    i think the loss of chic-fil-a, subway, alpine, the refectory and pauly dogs were at least as damaging....

god i'm glad I'm not stuck with the current food situation on campus...quite pitiful...
    April 1

Duke players didn't allow themselves the proper nutrition needed to be sustained for an entire season. Your thoughts?
    My thoughts are that if you think there's a chance that Duke Basketball does not have on staff someone tasked, in part, with recommending to the players a nutrition plan of some sort (and/or providing such, if within rules*) then yes, there's a serious problem, and that problem is that you don't have trust in our coaching staff or a basketball program that has been arguably the very greatest of the last 30 years.

Even kids who attend Duke Basketball Camp for 5 days get lectured on nutrition. What makes you suspect even for a second that scholarship athletes enrolled full-time at the university don't?

* - I mention this in case there's a basketball equivalent to the traditional "football training table" or whatever it's called.