Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Kfanarmy View Post
    There's a lot going on in that picture...when/where was it taken?
    One of Fats' parties at house Will Graves was "leasing".

Not sure where you're getting your information from, SmartDevil.

It's indisputably true that the athletic department was horribly mismanaged (financially), and while the current AD management seems to be doing a better job financially, it certainly is having a hard time with its coaching picks. But the rest of the University isn't having particularly dire financial problems; the state has cut the University's budget over the last few years, but I don't believe its financials are any worse than most other public universities. Academically, its rankings have improved quite considerably over the last two decades.

As for College Park, yes, it's a hole. But believe it or not it's a lot less of a hole than it was a decade ago. I don't have the stats in front of me, but I don't believe crime is significantly worse than it was then, either; and in any case, it is not quite an urban campus, but is nearly so, and there isn't that much the University can do to patrol the streets of College Park.

Disclaimer: I spent ten years earning a PhD at Maryland from 1993 to 2003.

Looks like Seth Allen is heading to Virginia Tech. It sounds like Virginia wanted him, but Bennett saw him as a 2 guard too. So I guess he's still the ACC's problem.

http://m.espn.go.com/ncb/story?storyId=10913447

If he transferred to VT, would he have to sit out 2 years since they were in the same conference at the time of the transfer, or is it just one since thy will no longer be in the same conference?
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post
    If he transferred to VT, would he have to sit out 2 years since they were in the same conference at the time of the transfer, or is it just one since thy will no longer be in the same conference?
    Just one.

The DBR story about Allen transferring contains this nugget:

The only time we can recall an ACC player starting at one school and finishing at another - sort of, anyway - was when Makhtar N'Daiye was signed by Wake Forest, only to be ruled ineligible by the NCAA.
    Umm....Michael Gbinije? Syracuse hadn't yet started playing in the ACC when Gbinije decided to transfer (April/May of 2012), but Syracuse had been formally accepted for ACC membership in September of 2011, and it was known at the time that Syracuse could start playing in the ACC as early as the 2013-14 season.