USA versus Brazil Friendly

Just curious, did anyone else watch it?

that brazillian team is very good i still think ronaldo from manchester united is better than ronaldinho. with that said the us played well against the number 1 team in the world

The NFL vs. the Brazil friendly

I watched the Brazil friendly for a while. I felt as though the referees lost control of it. Aside from the PK issues, it was incredibly entertaining. I hope Howard is okay.

I then flipped to Versus to see the US cycling. WOW! Compelling action!

PLEASE NOTE: I may be a bit biased, as I lost 15 minutes of my life today watching Atlanta Falcons football. My reviews of the soccer and cycling came after watching the Joey Harrington era begin.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

What I liked about the soccer match

was to see the excellent level of ball control at points by the Brazilians. How well they led with their passes, individual ball handling skills, etc. I learned a greater appreciation for football while working in Brazil during the 2002 World Cup. When done right, it can be lightning fast, technically brilliant, and a pure pleasure to watch.

Their first goal was a clinic ... 9 players touching the ball, no more than three touches on the ball with any one player, covering about 100 yards of space in about 15 seconds. It was also a clinic in how NOT to make a recovery run defensively, but that's another story.

Don't dismiss that this was just a friendly match, the top players were on the field. Good effort by the US, and the referee did us on that no-call on Wolff inside the box, and then again on the free kick that Ronaldinho put away.

Not that playing in Germany is anything to complain about, but I'd be shocked if Bradley isn't playing in England next year. His game is PERFECT for the EPL, and he'd be set for life playing in that league. Dempsey is turning into a force. He is a total contrast from pretty-boys Beasley and Donovan.

I think we're a better center back away from being VERY good internationally. We obviously need someone who is a better goal scorer up top to run with Dempsey, and I think Altidore is that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbonelson View Post
    that brazillian team is very good i still think ronaldo from manchester united is better than ronaldinho. with that said the us played well against the number 1 team in the world
    Cuse, the number which team in the world? The number one team was playing France, I believe, at least I saw them yesterday on the tube playing them (yes, I still watch on a tube, not no stinkin LCD or plasma). Italy was awesome btw.

FIFA's latest rankings (August 2007) have Brazil at number 1, with Argentina at 2 and Italy at 3.

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/ra...llranking.html

Quote Originally Posted by toughbuff1 View Post
    FIFA's latest rankings (August 2007) have Brazil at number 1, with Argentina at 2 and Italy at 3.

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/ra...llranking.html
    I forget for a second, weren't they ranked number uno before the World Cup also? Soccer is a game played on the field. When you have just won the World Cup (it ain't like it was two years ago even), you are number 1, in my book.

On the other hand, cusa, I did not know of the world ranking.

On the other hand (how many does that make now), Italy looked awesome by the way, for the little time I watched.

grey "I left my wallet in the car dealership or I would have watched also, damn it" beard
    Last edited by greybeard; 09-10-2007 at 02:27 PM.

Actually, taking a look at the past few rankings, Italy was ranked number one in January and from March through May. I guess what's done on the field does count after all.

Just glad...

that I wasn't the only one watching. HD for sports is the greastest things since ???

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    that I wasn't the only one watching. HD for sports is the greastest things since ???
    IMO, sliced bread doesn't even capture it. I'm going with wheat.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    IMO, sliced bread doesn't even capture it. I'm going with wheat.
    No I think he meant since the invention of the question mark. It's quite useful?