Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by tbyers11 View Post
    VCU will definitely be one of the A10 teams. I wouldn't bet any $$ on the other. GW, Dayton, St Louis, UMass, St Joe's seem likely possibilities. None of those seem to have much of a Q rating, though.
    Q rating? Well, ok, you asked:

http://www.fiery-foods.com/smoking-1...ue-with-dr-bbq

Oh wait, wrong thread.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by tbyers11 View Post
    VCU will definitely be one of the A10 teams. I wouldn't bet any $$ on the other. GW, Dayton, St Louis, UMass, St Joe's seem likely possibilities. None of those seem to have much of a Q rating, though.
    Dayton just had a great run in the tournament and a good fanbase. I could see them being the other A10 team.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    May be a better place for this, but below is Maryland's new conference line-up:

Home: Michigan, Minnesota, Northwestern, Wisconsin
    Away: Illinois, Iowa, Ohio State, Purdue
    Home/Away: Indiana, Michigan State, Nebraska, Penn State, Rutgers

So, good luck with that.
    Wow, I haven't seen that much travel from a college team since Tyler Hansbrough's senior year.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Wow, I haven't seen that much travel from a college team since Tyler Hansbrough's senior year.
    Just his senior year?

What about Tami, too?
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    ... What about Tami, too ...
    As a rival, UNC has just been the gift that keeps on giving these past few years. I wonder if Fats would give Tami a ride to the airport to catch the shuttle, and if they served peanut butter and pepper balls in-flight ... All these fancy modes of travel for Glenwood Elementary: I say lower taxes, and have them go back to using school buses.

Cool

Well, I am just tickled to death you folks are coming to Louisville!!! The Yum! Center is a fantastic new venue. The development around it has good hotels, great local restaurants and night spots. If y'all need recommendations for any of that stuff when you come, hit me up.

Quote Originally Posted by KenTankerous View Post
    Well, I am just tickled to death you folks are coming to Louisville!!! The Yum! Center is a fantastic new venue. The development around it has good hotels, great local restaurants and night spots. If y'all need recommendations for any of that stuff when you come, hit me up.
    I hear Rick has some restaurant recommendations, too...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Only if you are interested in seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by rifraf View Post
    all this talk of the Hansbroughs...can't we stick to Duke topics?

I DO know the booth to avoid if you go to Porcini...

I talked to several ACC officials today and they said that even though the schedule was released for just the next two years, it has actually been set for the next 12 years.

You won't be seeing Duke-Syracuse home and home every year or even every other year -- it will be one year in three, alternating with a single game at Duke and a single game at the Carrier Dome. Same with Duke-Louisville ... Duke will play UNC and Wake home and home every year. For everybody else, it's the same three year rotation -- one year home-and-home; one year away only; one year home only.

And they agreed that while the matchups for the A10 doubleheaders aren't set, you can bet your bottom dollar that Duke and Syracuse will be involved.

Quote Originally Posted by rifraf View Post
    Speaking of shortening the shot clock, I guess Quick Rick is in favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    I talked to several ACC officials today and they said that even though the schedule was released for just the next two years, it has actually been set for the next 12 years.

You won't be seeing Duke-Syracuse home and home every year or even every other year -- it will be one year in three, alternating with a single game at Duke and a single game at the Carrier Dome. Same with Duke-Louisville ... Duke will play UNC and Wake home and home every year. For everybody else, it's the same three year rotation -- one year home-and-home; one year away only; one year home only.

And they agreed that while the matchups for the A10 doubleheaders aren't set, you can bet your bottom dollar that Duke and Syracuse will be involved.
    I don't see how that works mathematically (although math has never been my strong suit).

We have 2 rotating home-and-home slots each year for 12 teams to fill (assuming we cycle through each team getting a home-and-home; not counting our two fixed home-and-home partners). How can we play each team home-and-home every three years? Doesn't it need to be every six?
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    I don't see how that works mathematically (although math has never been my strong suit).

We have 2 rotating home-and-home slots each year for 12 teams to fill (assuming we cycle through each team getting a home-and-home; not counting our two fixed home-and-home partners). How can we play each team home-and-home every three years? Doesn't it need to be every six?
    Math is not my strong suit either -- obviously. I think you are right about the distribution of home-and-home years for teams other than the two partners.

My point is that despite the TV desire for a Duke-Syracuse home and home every year (and a Duke-Louisville home and home AND a Duke-UNC home and home) that for the next 12 years, Duke won't play Syracuse or Louisville any more than the Devils will play VPI or BC.

BTW: Can I get something off my chest about scheduling? One of the tragedies of the ACC's unbalanced schedule is the damage done to the Duke-State rivalry, which is historically the third best (or most important, however you want to stay it) rivalry in ACC basketball history (after Duke-UNC and UNC-State). When the ACC announced the future schedules Tuesday the response on the State board to the fact that Duke and State only play once -- in Raleigh -- next season was taken as an opportunity to unleash the paranoia that surrounds that program. According to the majority of State posters, a single Duke-State game in Raleigh is an aberration -- that the ACC almost always schedules State to play in Durham without a return game.

The fact is that since the ACC went to an unbalanced schedule in 2005, there has been a single Duke-State game in Durham four times -- 2006, 2009, 2012, 2014. There has been a single Duke-State game in Raleigh three times -- 2005, 2007 and 2010. This year's single game in Raleigh will exactly balance the scales -- four single home games apiece (the two played home-and-home in 2008, 2011 and 2013).

Just wanted to respond to the misinformation on PackPride. I know this isn't the place, but I can't post there.

PS I am not a State hater. I admire their program's history and defend it against those who think they should have been happy with Herb Sendek's mediocrity. I very much admire the investigative work they've done on UNC's cheating scandal (outside of the N&O's Dan Kane, they've uncovered more dirt than every other professional journalist in NC put together). But they do have an institutional paranoia that shows up in stuff like this -- and their constant harping about officiating).

Speaking of shortening the shot clock, I guess Quick Rick is in favor.
    See now, I had a good line about Rick's restaurant recommendation being "In-N-Out Burger" that I gave to the good doctor via a spork, thinking it wouldn't get past the DBR censors, and here you are letting it all hang out in public.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    May be a better place for this, but below is Maryland's new conference line-up:

Home: Michigan, Minnesota, Northwestern, Wisconsin
    Away: Illinois, Iowa, Ohio State, Purdue
    Home/Away: Indiana, Michigan State, Nebraska, Penn State, Rutgers

So, good luck with that.
    In my best Clubber Lang impression "I pity the fool that wears their team colors into the Comcast expecting to cheer their boys on in a great college basketball atmosphere".

Please Big 10 fans, leave your kids at home if going to College Park and no matter what wear red or yellow colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    See now, I had a good line about Rick's restaurant recommendation being "In-N-Out Burger" that I gave to the good doctor via a spork, thinking it wouldn't get past the DBR censors, and here you are letting it all hang out in public.
    The key is to distract the moderators, perhaps with flattery.

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    In my best Clubber Lang impression "I pity the fool that wears their team colors into the Comcast expecting to cheer their boys on in a great college basketball atmosphere".

Please Big 10 fans, leave your kids at home if going to College Park and no matter what wear red or yellow colors.
    Wonderful and perceptive post! You nailed the impression, for sure!

;-)

Seriously, I do not think the Big#? understands what a delusional fan base has joined. Of course, in Iowa or Nebraska, who cares.

Ps -- have to spread the love before sporking either of you or the good doctor -- must get Cupid busy.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    But they do have an institutional paranoia that shows up in stuff like this -- and their constant harping about officiating).
    They aren't alone in that; Karl Hess calls our games too.

I agree with everything you said, but do want to make one opinion on the "historical" part of your post.
    The ACC now has VT, Miami, FSU, Syracuse, Pitt, BC and Louisville. None of those schools were part of that history, so it makes sense that it is not considered when scheduling. Duke-UNC is broader than the ACC, it is a national game really. Take one away and way more people would care about its loss. Take away a Duke-State game, not even half the conference cares.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."