Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Dunleavy with 32 and heading back into the game with a little over 6 minutes left. The Bulls lead by 7, but this is about when they've run out of gas in previous games. Thibadeau has used Snell and Dunleavy a bit more in the second half than in previous games, so hopefully Chicago's wings (most notably Butler) will have enough left to finish.

Unfortunately, Dunleavy comes in and misses, then commits a turnover. Now it is a 1-point game.

The Bulls crunch time offense:

1. Pass it around the perimeter
    2. Pass it around the perimeter some more
    3. Mike Dunleavy 3
    4. Hope for offensive rebound

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    The Bulls crunch time offense:

1. Pass it around the perimeter
    2. Pass it around the perimeter some more
    3. Mike Dunleavy 3
    4. Hope for offensive rebound
    Yeah, no playmakers and few scoring options. It's a miracle that they've gotten this far with such little offensive firepower (worst offensive team in the league).

Wow big 3 by Butler. I really like that kid, he's a tough competitor. I feel kind of bad that he gets run into the ground game after game by Thibodeau, those 53 minute games are going to catch up to him at some point. Great X's and O's coach, but the best coaches in the NBA know how to steal a few minutes of rest for their starters, even in the playoffs.

Uggh, Dunleavy has had some highs and lows in this fourth quarter. Some absolute dagger 3s, but then 3 really awful turnovers.

Whoa, I never even knew about this rule that you get a shot and the ball if you foul while the clock is stopped. That's a really good rule. They need to put that in college.

Bye bye Tony Snell for the rest of the playoffs hahaha . . . how stupid can you be?

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Uggh, Dunleavy has had some highs and lows in this fourth quarter. Some absolute dagger 3s, but then 3 really awful turnovers.
    That's true but if he hadn't have scored like he did then the game wouldn't have even been close. The Bulls are in dire need of scorer besides Augustin/Boozer and neither of them are that reliable to be honest. Good move by Thibs to just run Dunleavy off of screen. Mike can still stroke it 8-10 from deep tonight for 35. J is like fine wine. Great to see him have a game like this at this stage in his career.

What a crazy end to the Bulls/Wizards game. Bulls, up 2, get fouled in a dead-ball situation (which means a free throw and the ball). Augustin hits the free throw. Then the Bulls inbound, get fouled, and hit two free throws. Now, up 5, with 5.5 seconds left, Tony Snell makes a ridiculous rookie mistake, going for the steal and fouling Wall who (realizing the situation) is in the act of shooting... from 65 feet away. 3.9 seconds left on the clock, down 5, shooting 3. Wall hits the first two to cut it to 3. Then Wittman signals for an intentional miss. Wall fails to miss, however, cutting it to 2. The Bulls inbound and get fouled with 3.1 seconds left. They hit the first to again make it 3. Then, they miss the second, and Washington rebounds. But Ariza throws a soft, lateral pass that misses Wall (who wasn't looking). Wall chases it down, but can't quite save it in time. Wizards unforced turnover, Bulls ball with 0.3 seconds left. Ugly basketball at its ugliest.

Despite the 3 atrocious turnovers (which resulted in, I believe, 7 Washington points in transition), it was an excellent night for Dunleavy. He had 35 points and provided a huge spark with his 3pt shooting. Hopefully it continues in Game 4.

Despite the 3 atrocious turnovers (which resulted in, I believe, 7 Washington points in transition), it was an excellent night for Dunleavy. He had 35 points and provided a huge spark with his 3pt shooting. Hopefully it continues in Game 4.
    The last turnover on Dunleavy wasn't atrocious, imho. The Bulls had no timeouts left so he had to get the ball inbounds. He's trying to lob it over the head of the man guarding Noah, but Noah doesn't instinctively move in the direction he should have. That led to an easy Wall pickoff of the pass. But I can't lay all the blame for that one on Mike. Heck, I can't even lay half of it on him.

Regardless, our Dukie did indeed shine tonight. Too bad Boozer can't get in on the act. He started off great but didn't finish strong, sitting on the bench for most of crunch time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    The last turnover on Dunleavy wasn't atrocious, imho. The Bulls had no timeouts left so he had to get the ball inbounds. He's trying to lob it over the head of the man guarding Noah, but Noah doesn't instinctively move in the direction he should have. That led to an easy Wall pickoff of the pass. But I can't lay all the blame for that one on Mike. Heck, I can't even lay half of it on him.

Regardless, our Dukie did indeed shine tonight. Too bad Boozer can't get in on the act. He started off great but didn't finish strong, sitting on the bench for most of crunch time.
    FWIW, does the fact that Mike D. needs a hair weave make you feel old?
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    FWIW, does the fact that Mike D. needs a hair weave make you feel old?
    Me not really knowing what a hair weave is makes me feel old.

I'm gonna be perfectly honest... before tonight, if you had asked me if Vince Carter was still in the league, I probably would have said no.

I
    Was
    Wrong!

-Jason "I'd hate for the Spurs to go out early!" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I'm gonna be perfectly honest... before tonight, if you had asked me if Vince Carter was still in the league, I probably would have said no.
    That gave me a solid laugh, thanks...it is funny how if you stick around the league long enough, you lose whatever stink lingered on you in the past. I am not saying people forget Vince's purposeful tanking, but most probably felt good for him to have another big moment. I aint mad at ya, Vince.

How do you guys feel about Cuban being in the celebratory scrum? I honestly didn't think I'd have a problem with it, and I don't think I really care, but I also thinks he kind of looks like an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    How do you guys feel about Cuban being in the celebratory scrum? I honestly didn't think I'd have a problem with it, and I don't think I really care, but I also thinks he kind of looks like an idiot.
    My wife's reaction while we were watching the game - "Honey, some crazy guy from the stands just ran out and bear-hugged Vince Carter. Why isn't security doing anything about it?"
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Apparently the Wizards took note of Dunleavy's 35 point outburst. They have blanketed him thus far. Unfortunately he doesn't have the athleticism any more to make an impact when teams chase him off screens.

Hopefully the Wizards lose focus/energy. Otherwise it could be a long day for him.

Apparently the Wizards took note of Dunleavy's 35 point outburst. They have blanketed him thus far. Unfortunately he doesn't have the athleticism any more to make an impact when teams chase him off screens.

Hopefully the Wizards lose focus/energy. Otherwise it could be a long day for him.
    And he's getting destroyed at the other end by Ariza. The Bulls just don't have the horses on offense to win this series. The Wizards look like a serious contender to get to the eastern finals. They are by far playing the best of the 4 teams on this side of the bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    That gave me a solid laugh, thanks...it is funny how if you stick around the league long enough, you lose whatever stink lingered on you in the past. I am not saying people forget Vince's purposeful tanking, but most probably felt good for him to have another big moment. I aint mad at ya, Vince.

I also think he looks like an idiot, but I am almost certain he doesn't care what I think. He should care about what his players think, however. I wonder how they feel. I can remember mentions over the years about how Cuban often parties with his players, etc., so maybe they are cool with him on the court after a game. But I have wondered in the past and continue to wonder if this sort of thing hurts or helps him with attracting free agents. Maybe both depending on the personality of the particular player?

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    And he's getting destroyed at the other end by Ariza. The Bulls just don't have the horses on offense to win this series. The Wizards look like a serious contender to get to the eastern finals. They are by far playing the best of the 4 teams on this side of the bracket.
    Agreed. I think Washington will face Miami in the ECF. They are good.

Chicago has a few nice players in Gibson, Noah, and Butler, but they are a couple of playmakers short. They REALLY need Rose back, and one more playmaker as well.

Warriors putting on a show. Steph Curry is the most compelling player in basketball. Not the fastest- not sure he can dunk- but the kid can shoot like no one else. Someone needs to sequence the Curry family genome. Clearly they have something in their genes that makes them incredible shooters.