Women's Golf has a good day

After the first day of the women's ACC golf championships yesterday, Duke was tied for first with Virginia at 7 over. After the second day today, Duke is at 8 over with a 14-stroke lead over Virginia at 15 over. Duke's Celine Boutier has the individual lead by three strokes, and other Duke golfers are in 5th, 6th, and 7th.

Not a bad day's work.

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    After the first day of the women's ACC golf championships yesterday, Duke was tied for first with Virginia at 7 over. After the second day today, Duke is at 8 over with a 14-stroke lead over Virginia at 15 over. Duke's Celine Boutier has the individual lead by three strokes, and other Duke golfers are in 5th, 6th, and 7th.

Not a bad day's work.
    The math works but not clearly stated. Duke has a 14-stroke lead and outscored UVa today by 14 strokes 285 (+1) to 299 (+15). Virginia is at +22 for the tournament.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Yes They Did

This is a very strong team. Celine Boutier has won individual honors in the last two tournaments and leads here. Yu Liu is a budding superstar. Senior Laetitia Beck plays number 1.

I am pretty Dan Brooks has more NCAA Championships than any other Duke coach.

There are other strong teams out there. Duke is ranked 3rd behind USC and UCLA.

Fun to follow them.

SoCal

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    The math works but not clearly stated. Duke has a 14-stroke lead and outscored UVa today by 14 strokes 285 (+1) to 299 (+15). Virginia is at +22 for the tournament.
    Oh, you are so right--i was typing without thinking and looked at the wrong column--Virginia for today's round rather than overall--when I put that number in.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDukeFan View Post
    This is a very strong team. Celine Boutier has won individual honors in the last two tournaments and leads here. Yu Liu is a budding superstar. Senior Laetitia Beck plays number 1.

I am pretty Dan Brooks has more NCAA Championships than any other Duke coach.

There are other strong teams out there. Duke is ranked 3rd behind USC and UCLA.

Fun to follow them.

SoCal
    He does, he also has more wins than any women's golf coach in NCAA history. He basically is the K of college women's golf.
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

Duke looks to have this one wrapped up as they have a 19-stroke lead on UVA about three quarters of the way through the last round. Individually, Duke's Celine Boutier still leads, at -1 for the tournament after 13 holes today, and Duke's Laetitia Beck has vaulted into second place at +2 for the tournament after 14 holes; she is 3 under par so far today. Lauren Coughlin of UVA is just a stroke behind Beck, so the individual standings could certainly change.

Epic Win for Duke

Up 23 shots with the top players playing 16-18.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Duke won by an impressive 27 strokes, with individual golfers in first, second, fourth and tied for fifth. Congratulations, ladies!

Domination

Duke ladies finished 1,2,4,t5 and t19.

Congrats to the team and to Celine Boutier who won her3rd straight tournament.

SoCal

wow, not too shabby!

Masterful performance from Celine Boutier from France and Laetitia Beck from Israel Sandy Choi of San Diego and Yu Liu from China.
    http://www.theacc.com/#!/page/champi...golf_livestats