Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    And may we all rejoice that the tarheels went up to syracuse, looked like they had the game won...and then lost in OT.
    Few things are as gratifying as that. Grilled steak, nice cocktail, heels losing, what's not to like about last night?

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    And may we all rejoice that the tarheels went up to syracuse, looked like they had the game won...and then lost in OT.
    Few things are as gratifying as that. Grilled steak, nice cocktail, heels losing, what's not to like about last night?
    I actually found the cocktail and the and the game outcome to be quite satisfying even without a steak.

I keep thinking any time now UNC is going to get it and they are going to play up to the level of talent Bresci recruits--happy we aren't there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I think this means we play Syracuse in the ACCT no matter what now.

There is only one game left between ND and MD. If MD wins, they come in first, Duke is 2nd, and ND/Syracuse/UNC are tied at 2-3. Syracuse gets slot #3 from the tiebreak and ND is 4th, leaving UNC to play in the exhibition game with UVA. If ND wins, they get the #2 spot, with MD at #3 and Syracuse getting 4th in a tiebreak over UNC. So I am pretty sure it means the ACCT is Duke/Syr and ND/MD, with the only thing left to be settled being the color of the jerseys in the ND/MD game.

Am I the only one who thinks the championship format is completely bogus? Instead of seeds 5 and 6 playing an exhibition game, why not have seeds 3 through 6 play into the semis?

Quote Originally Posted by dpslaw View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks the championship format is completely bogus? Instead of seeds 5 and 6 playing an exhibition game, why not have seeds 3 through 6 play into the semis?
    That's the Patriot League format this year, with the 3 vs. 6 and 4 vs. 5 games played at the higher-seeded team on Wednesday. I'll bet you a nickel that it's not the Patriot League format next year.

In the case of the ACC, you create the possibility of having to play three games against top-10 teams in five days, which is just brutal (yeah, I know, there is the possibility of playing five games in five days in the basketball tournament, but I played both games growing up and my experience was that lacrosse is an order of magnitude more physically demanding).

Also not a good time of the semester to pull guys out of class for what could turn out to be four days.

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    That's the Patriot League format this year, with the 3 vs. 6 and 4 vs. 5 games played at the higher-seeded team on Wednesday. I'll bet you a nickel that it's not the Patriot League format next year.

In the case of the ACC, you create the possibility of having to play three games against top-10 teams in five days, which is just brutal (yeah, I know, there is the possibility of playing five games in five days in the basketball tournament, but I played both games growing up and my experience was that lacrosse is an order of magnitude more physically demanding).

Also not a good time of the semester to pull guys out of class for what could turn out to be four days.
    Yeah, there is a reason the lacrosse season has fewer games than the basketball season. That format would be really demanding.

The women, who have eight teams this year, will do a complete tournament, with quarterfinals and semifinals on Thursday and Friday and finals on Sunday. But the women's game is designed to avoid contact, so it doesn't take as much out of the players.