Thread: SNL travesty

SNL travesty

Saturday Night Live just ran an ad for a video "NCAA Tourney: Best of the White Guys" and NOT A SINGLE CLIP WAS OF A DUKE PLAYER!

They showed white guys hustling, throwing crisp bounce passes, helping teammates up from the floor, checking in at the end of a blow-out, congratulating the player who hit the game winner, and even trying to dance. But no Duke player?

Inconceivable.

I really, really hate stuff like that. I mean... what's the point?

I wish Lorne M would give Marshall some more AT. He has comedic timing that you just can't teach. I love Josh Hairston, and he's good at positioning and blocking on stage. But he's just not a funny sketch actor.

I guess they save all their Duke attention for Fallon's show. He must have some former holes on his staff.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

This thread deserves an very early death. Please!

But did you see the fake video box?

"Passion Over Talent: The Charges of Tyler Hansbrough"

It was at the end of the fake commercial.

scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Yes, but Spike Albrecht makes a starring appearance. So I'm satisfied.
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

In fairness, if Duke had been in the tournament a bit longer, they might have made the skit. Sigh....

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    In fairness, if Duke had been in the tournament a bit longer, they might have made the skit. Sigh....
    Really? With 5 black starters and one white guy that played 8 minutes per game? I kind of doubt it.

Did the skit mention that the NPOY is white?

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    Really? With 5 black starters and one white guy that played 8 minutes per game? I kind of doubt it.

Did the skit mention that the NPOY is white?
    SNL is just turning back the clock to when the "white men can't jump" myth was true.

Not coincidentally, it was also right around the last time SNL was consistently funny...

People still watch SNL?
    ~rthomas

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    SNL is just turning back the clock to when the "white men can't jump" myth was true.

Not coincidentally, it was also right around the last time SNL was consistently funny...
    Yes. Although I admit I didn't see the original skit, some of the things the OP described--such as congratulating a teammate after a good shot or coming in at the end of a blowout--could certainly have been done by white players at Duke this year--and Marshall's dancing is legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post

Saturday Night Live just ran an ad for a video "NCAA Tourney: Best of the White Guys" and NOT A SINGLE CLIP WAS OF A DUKE PLAYER!

They showed white guys hustling, throwing crisp bounce passes, helping teammates up from the floor, checking in at the end of a blow-out, congratulating the player who hit the game winner, and even trying to dance. But no Duke player?

Inconceivable.

Well, they did show the kid from Mercer dancing after they beat us. So there's that.