Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Jackson is a solid player. Tough for him. At least one of those blocks called on him in first half was a charge. Then late he makes an unforced TO, misses a FT, and has the last shot rim out.

Expect him to have an excellent senior season. Wisconsin returns everyone but Brust, so preseason top 3?

Quote Originally Posted by gumbomoop View Post
    Jackson is a solid player. Tough for him. At least one of those blocks called on him in first half was a charge. Then late he makes an unforced TO, misses a FT, and has the last shot rim out.

Expect him to have an excellent senior season. Wisconsin returns everyone but Brust, so preseason top 3?
    Wild final four so far.

Wisconsin will definitely be highly ranked preseason. Definitely a favorite to win the Big Ten next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Here is a Turtle View Post
    Wisconsin misses one free throw all game, and it was the one that mattered most. Crushing.
    Technically, every free throw mattered equally.

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    Bucky is everything we wish we were.
    They look to me a lot like we were in the 1990s in some ways, today we are more like Kentucky if you look at our recruiting and the make up of our roster in terms of the high-level young talent we have at key spots. For better or worse...
    Last edited by ICP; 04-05-2014 at 11:56 PM.

Ugh

Don't you love how they made Calapari out to be soooo loving. Like his players were his own children... Barf

Nope

Quote Originally Posted by ICP View Post
    They look to me a lot like we were in the 1990s in some ways, today we are more like Kentucky on if you look at our recruiting and the make up of our roster in terms if the high-level young talent we have.
    I disagree

We had teams with committed players, and a coach who didn't have 2 final 4's vacated. If you mean that we resemble them because we had 5 guys out on the court, and put a ball in a basket.. Then yeah ok, I can go with that. We have to recruit like that because that is the system that Calapari ushered in, if we don't we get left behind

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    And I jinxed it. Harrison hits another dagger 3.
    Got to wonder how his brother feels. Andrew is the star 3 straight games and bails Aaron our for that silly foul. Then Cal makes that exact point post game to a national audience.

Speaking of Cal, he's about to say in the post game interview, "I knew the last team with the ball would win the game" when he realizes that's exactly what didn't happen.

Can't stand him or his pouty players.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Kentucky opens as 2.5-pt favorites for Monday night.

How is that everybody watching the game knew that KY would go to Harrison on the left wing for the win but it seems that nobody on the court or at court side could figure it out?
    I'm speechless.

Hard to imagine a worse title game.
    Last edited by rsvman; 04-06-2014 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    unc vs. anyone comes to mind

How is that everybody watching the game knew that KY would go to Harrison on the left wing for the win but it seems that nobody on the court or at court side could figure it out?
    I'm speechless.

Michigan-Michigan St would have been worse by a long way, IMO.

I know it is UConn but I like their coach

Living here in SEC country a Florida -UK matchup would have been worse for me

Still not certain I will watch - Cal winning again will be tough to take - imagine how Florida fans and Donovan feel about that after their season

Quote Originally Posted by DBFAN View Post
    I disagree

We had teams with committed players, and a coach who didn't have 2 final 4's vacated. If you mean that we resemble them because we had 5 guys out on the court, and put a ball in a basket.. Then yeah ok, I can go with that. We have to recruit like that because that is the system that Calapari ushered in, if we don't we get left behind
    I am only taking about this year's Duke team centered around two top NBA prospects and a few other highly talented young athletic players. While hard to accept, this year's team looks much more like KY than Wisconsin( a team of older, less athletic/highly recruited/talented players). Too bad we couldn't put it together by the end of the year like KY did though...

Quote Originally Posted by CR9 View Post
    Michigan-Michigan St would have been worse by a long way, IMO.
    Could not disagree more. Kentucky under Cal is evil incarnate.

I'm speechless.

Well, it was a 30+ footer almost out of bounds from a guy who had been driving all game at will and hadn't made a three... It was just a heck of a shot. Can't believe he did it again. Ugh.

Kentucky is one missed shot from a round of 32 exit. They earned their victories and deserve to be there, but there IS some random luck involved and they are, oh so close, at being at the other end of it. I think we as fans disregard this. Kentucky would be the same team if Wichita St happened to make that last three.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Well, it was a 30+ footer almost out of bounds from a guy who had been driving all game at will and hadn't made a three... It was just a heck of a shot. Can't believe he did it again. Ugh.
    karma has to run out sometime, right?...RIGHT??!?!!?!
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    karma has to run out sometime, right?...RIGHT??!?!!?!
    I hope so!

Quote Originally Posted by ICP View Post
    I am only taking about this year's Duke team centered around two top NBA prospects and a few other highly talented young athletic players. While hard to accept, this year's team looks much more like KY than Wisconsin( a team of older, less athletic/highly recruited/talented players). Too bad we couldn't put it together by the end of the year like KY did though...
    Yeah, in terms of this year, Calipari really did a much better job than K of figuring out how to mesh essentially a brand new team together. He did have better tools at the most influential spot on the floor, PG, a point guard who can dribble-penetrate reliably but still have lateral quickness to not get blown by.

Hopefully Tyus will answer that question. Or Quinn will make a huge jump this summer. Both need a lot of work on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    I hope so!
    wish it would have run out tonight...i could bear losing to wisconsin...but kentucky? ugh. gotta hope that the uconn guards can abuse a relatively mediocre kentucky defense....and foul shooting wins the day
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by GGLC View Post
    Could not disagree more. Kentucky under Cal is evil incarnate.
    The incessant build-up about round 4 and the Big 10 reigning supreme and back to back for Michigan and Izzo being magic and all that other hyperbolas bull would kill me.