Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Good, go away.

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    Good, go away.
    Can he take Paige with him?

Paige makes my blood boil for 2 reasons:

1) He's insanely talented
    2) He is a super likable player. And he makes me hate UNC just a little bit less...
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    My favorite comment from Inside Carolina so far: "Somebody must have told him you get six fouls in the NBA."
    The way he shoots free throws, though, that may not be a positive.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    My favorite comment from Inside Carolina so far: "Somebody must have told him you get six fouls in the NBA."
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    The way he shoots free throws, though, that may not be a positive.
    Wait, you mean JMM thinks that in the NBA, when he fouls someone, he gets to shoot free throws?

Wow, no wonder he declared, though you'd have thought he'd have acted on this delusion 2 years ago. I guess he knew he needed a lot more FT practice before jumping to the League.

To be fair, he may need the money. Babysitting jobs are tough in CH.

To be fair, he may need the money. Babysitting jobs are tough in CH.
    Especially when storytime rolls around..

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post

"He's been extremely important to North Carolina Basketball and Roy Williams." -Roy Williams
    Roy still uses the third person? Sheesh.
    Believable and unbelievable at the same time. I guess we need the reminder that this is just as much about Roy.

The announcers will miss enunciating his entire name several thousand times during each hole game.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    Especially when storytime rolls around..
    Post of the week right there. Cannot spork right now, unfortunately.

Anyway, good luck JMM. He was never really good enough to truly hate. And go to Hell, Carolina.

Quote Originally Posted by jipops View Post
    Believable and unbelievable at the same time. I guess we need the reminder that this is just as much about Roy.
    The first part of his statement was arguably an even more pathetic use of the third person personal reference...

"I am extremely happy for James Michael, but at the same time I am sad for me because I won't get a chance to coach that youngster again," says head coach Roy Williams.

If he respected himself more, he would refer to himself as Roy Allen Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    Good, go away.
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Can he take Paige with him?

Paige makes my blood boil for 2 reasons:

1) He's insanely talented
    2) He is a super likable player. And he makes me hate UNC just a little bit less...
    I agree with both of these posts so much.

Post of the week right there. Cannot spork right now, unfortunately.

Anyway, good luck JMM. He was never really good enough to truly hate. And go to Hell, Carolina.
    Not to worry as I covered the spork-spread for Ferry for 50's turd-polishing post.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

WRAL guys just blew JMM up on 10 o'clock news! At the end of the segment, one news guy said he "should have gone after his freshman year, he would have been better off." Then the other guy says, "Yeah and his contract would be up now and he'd be in the D-League." Ouch.

Losing a player of JMM's ability is not a good thing for UNC. He was a respected teammate and the kid can play. He was 2nd team All ACC, after all. That's the reality, but UNC does have quality talent to fill the void and will move forward.

His positives for the NBA are that he's very strong and athletic at a 6'9. He's coachable and plays hard. He can defend on the wing and he can pass. He can run the floor. I also think he can shoot it better as a face up PF in the NBA than we've seen from his college career where he's played a lot in the post by necessity. His rebounding is average for his size and he'll have to work on that.

He has some weaknesses that I thought he would be better served with one more year in college to work on, mainly, finishing in traffic and improving his in game/in the moment decision making.

I'm wondering if he's gotten some info somewhere where he's basically guaranteed to be picked in the first round. I've thought he's late first round this year if he went, but it wouldn't have surprised me if he slips to the 2nd round, so did he get some info from somewhere?

His struggles with scoring touch on the run at the rim would worry me as a NBA GM. He'll need to convince in the pre draft workouts he can shoot it face up and that he has the mid range offensive game for the NBA.

The winner for PT in JMM's decision is Hicks. He's a stud athlete and he's been patiently waiting his turn. He'll step right in and play his natural PF spot after a year improving his handle on the wing. UNC will still have a 4 man rotation inside of Hicks, Johnson, Meeks and James. Each has different strengths and that will give Roy lots of line up options for teams to have to defend. And good options for UNC to match up defensively when needed.

Roy will have a very interesting team next year to watch.
    Just some of the possibilities I'm looking forward to seeing...

Britt, Paige, Tokoto, Johnson, Meeks...(my bet to start the season).
    Paige, Tokoto, Jackson, Hicks, Johnson...
    Berry, Paige, Tokoto, Johnson, Meeks...
    Paige, Pinson, Tokoto, Johnson, James...
    Paige, Pinson, Tokoto, Hicks, Johnson... (Pressing unit)

Practice will define the combos that work best together, chemistry is a huge part of the game.
    Last edited by Wheat/"/"/"; 04-03-2014 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Additional thought...

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    I'm wondering if he's gotten some info somewhere where he's basically guaranteed to be picked in the first round. I've thought he's late first round this year if he went, but it wouldn't have surprised me if he slips to the 2nd round, so did he get some info from somewhere?
    Draft Express is projecting him as late 2nd round today. I haven't seen any projection for him in the first round.

McAdon't... play for Carolina anymore.
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

more like...

McAdieu

McAdoo

I always thought he was the most overrated player in the ACC. Not that he was a bad player -- he wasn't, but he was never as good as the hype.

He was the 10th guy in the media's All-ACC vote, so he did make second team ... but he was a third-team pick by the ACC coaches.

Still, he will be missed. He was a 14 ppg scorer and 7 rpg. He went to the foul line more than anybody in the ACC other than Olivier Hanlan (although he missed half of his attempts). By some metrics, he was UNC's most effective defender. he ended up at 46 percent from the floor, which wasn't great, but not terrible either.

The only way losing McAdoo could help is if he had come back and become disgruntled over a reduced role and turned into a cancer on the bench. Hard to project that happening.

As it stands, I take this as a loss for UNC -- not as big a loss as if Paige had gone -- but still a loss.

To be honest, I think they could potentially be better without him. Johnson just strikes me as a better rebounder and scorer, and if he adds some muscle this offseason, he could be a beast next year. I see him stepping in and UNC not skipping a beat. They can easily absorb this loss, and with Paige, Meeks, and the talented freshmen class coming in, they will still top 5 in the nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post
    McAdon't... play for Carolina anymore.
    McAwon't... play in the NBA.