Thread: Dallas

Dallas

Anyone else going to Dallas?

Quote Originally Posted by szstark View Post
    Yes... but not until Tuesday... and it's for work.

Quote Originally Posted by szstark View Post
    Haven't you heard? The Final Four isn't in Dallas. It's in "North Texas", which apparently means Arlington, though it's not clear from the FF logo. I'd go, but it's too confusing, and I might end up in Amarillo, Waco, Abilene, Dalhart, or Denton. Not that I wouldn't have a good time there watching on TV, but you have to admit "North Texas" is pretty nonspecific and definitely not Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by Henderson View Post
    Haven't you heard? The Final Four isn't in Dallas. It's in "North Texas", which apparently means Arlington, though it's not clear from the FF logo. I'd go, but it's too confusing, and I might end up in Amarillo, Waco, Abilene, Dalhart, or Denton. Not that I wouldn't have a good time there watching on TV, but you have to admit "North Texas" is pretty nonspecific and definitely not Dallas.
    I'll tell you what annoys me regarding Dallas-area place names. There's a town called Flower Mound, but there is no actual mound of flowers there. I mean, shouldn't there be? When you're bored on a Saturday, shouldn't you be able to say, hey, let's go to the Flower Mound and smell/view/photograph/hang out among all the flowers? And this doesn't bother Dallas people, except for my ex-girlfriend when I kept asking her about it.

I also wonder there there's an actual round rock in Round Rock, but I suspect the answer is no.

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    I'll tell you what annoys me regarding Dallas-area place names. There's a town called Flower Mound, but there is no actual mound of flowers there. I mean, shouldn't there be? When you're bored on a Saturday, shouldn't you be able to say, hey, let's go to the Flower Mound and smell/view/photograph/hang out among all the flowers? And this doesn't bother Dallas people, except for my ex-girlfriend when I kept asking her about it.

I also wonder there there's an actual round rock in Round Rock, but I suspect the answer is no.
    Maybe Flower Mound is a nickname and that's why some people don't want to talk about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Henderson View Post
    I'm holding out for Central Indiana.

I'll be there. Arriving Saturday. Don't forget to pick me up at the airport...

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post

When you're bored in Flower Mound, I think you go to the Bass Pro Shops. After that, I just don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    When you're bored in Flower Mound, I think you go to the Bass Pro Shops. After that, I just don't know.
    Lake Grapevine is nice and the Gaylord Texan is swell.
    I work in downtown Dallas and driving around watching Conan Obrien and several other shows set up, i couldnt help but wonder if they were aware that tip off would take place an hour away?

So I arrive at my hotel in North Texas and which team is staying here - Kentucky. I am completely surrounded. My only defense is to wear Christian Laettner tee shirts. ABC has become ABK.

Where is North Texas

I see the Final Four is in North Texas. Can someone describe or map the area? Is this a creation of Jerry Jones?

Thanks
    SoCal

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDukeFan View Post
    I see the Final Four is in North Texas. Can someone describe or map the area? Is this a creation of Jerry Jones?

Thanks
    SoCal
    The Final Four is being held midway between Dallas and Fort Worth in an area the locals call Arlington.

Thanks
    SoCal
    Start at Mexico on a map. Move your finger up. Stop before you hit Oklahoma.

Thanks
    SoCal
    Is halfway between "SoCal" and "Irony."

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    Start at Mexico on a map. Move your finger up. Stop before you hit Oklahoma.
    Yeah but the thing is, the media has been referring to it as a town/city of sorts vs a locale. We were talking about this at work Friday. It makes no sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    Yeah but the thing is, the media has been referring to it as a town/city of sorts vs a locale. We were talking about this at work Friday. It makes no sense at all.
    The metroplex is 4 cities. Fort worth to the west, Dallas to the East, Denton to the north. Arlington in the middle. Arlington is by far the dirtiest and least appealing of the four. In other words, a perfect choice for the cowboys to call home.

I see the irony

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    Is halfway between "SoCal" and "Irony."
    but I think most people of a good idea as to the general boundaries of Southern California or SoCal.

Moreover, the Rose Bowl is in Pasadena, the Coliseum is in Los Angeles. Why is ATT Stadium not in Arlington?

Of course, we do have the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim but thats a different story.

SoCal

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheGame View Post
    The metroplex is 4 cities. Fort worth to the west, Dallas to the East, Denton to the north. Arlington in the middle. Arlington is by far the dirtiest and least appealing of the four. In other words, a perfect choice for the cowboys to call home.
    I grew up in Dallas, and I always thought metroplex meant Dallas and a vague cluster of towns that were around Dallas.

And when I was at Duke, I considered the research triangle to be Durham and a vague cluster of towns that were around Durham.

Now I know.