Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OnToTheNextOne View Post
    Just saw this posted and thought I would share.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpfHHAUOKko
    Kid has a soft jumper. That is hard to teach.

Quote Originally Posted by OnToTheNextOne View Post
    Just saw this posted and thought I would share.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpfHHAUOKko
    Best thing I see is that twice in this clip, he dribbled inside the 3-line for a pull-up jumper. Good handle, sudden stop, big elevation, smooth shot.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Kid has a soft jumper. That is hard to teach.
    his shot looks a lot like Mike Dunleavy kinda moves like him too...IMo it those 4 starting and pick one, Rasheed i guess...

Tyus wins Skills Competition.

Grayson finishes 3rd and Myles Turner 4th in 3-pt-shooting competition

Did anyone else here Jay Williams say "Rodney Hood is going to the NBA" while Grayson was shooting in the 3pt contest?! Jalen was poking fun about breaking news regarding Jabari and I think I heard Jay say something like "no breaking news but Rodney Hood is leaving"

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Tyus wins Skills Competition.
    Tyus no different from the others in this regard, but I wasn't aware that palming was a skill. Might as well simply let them carry the ball -- literally -- around the barriers. My recollection is too vague, but have they always been allowed to palm/carry rather than fast dribble, the actual skill?

Quote Originally Posted by DeBlueDevil View Post
    Did anyone else here Jay Williams say "Rodney Hood is going to the NBA" while Grayson was shooting in the 3pt contest?! Jalen was poking fun about breaking news regarding Jabari and I think I heard Jay say something like "no breaking news but Rodney Hood is leaving"
    I think I heard the words, "We know Hood is leaving."

If you didn't think Jay Williams was a turncoat before, he just helped UNC recruit Theo Pinson in his dunk competition by letting him dunk over him and then posing with a UNC sweatshirt.

Grr.

This incoming class seems like a whole lot of fun. Nice diversity in skill and in personality we all knew this prior to tonight but we are really seeing tonight. Justise Winslow might be a fan favorite. And come on Jay don't let them boys from Carolina treat you like that.

Come on...

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    If you didn't think Jay Williams was a turncoat before, he just helped UNC recruit Theo Pinson in his dunk competition by letting him dunk over him and then posing with a UNC sweatshirt.

Grr.
    Some of you guys take this too seriously.

Are You Kidding Me?

Grayson Allen just dunked by jumping over Justise Winslow AND Tyus Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    He's jumped over 4 people before.

He's jumped over 4 people before.

Yowzah!

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    pretty stout winning at the halfway point all the judges gave him tens

Any chance his last attempt will be to jump over Big Oak?

This moron play by play guy keeps saying that Grayson is known as a shooter. His strengths on every recruiting website are ball handling and athletic ability with a workable jump shot.

Jay isn't really in a position to say no to a high school kid who wants to jump over him. Also, for the most part, players only care about the rivalry when the game is going on now a days. We take it far more seriously. If that kid had wanted to jump over me I would have let him try and then just run away as he got close, wasting 15 seconds of his dunk time. Also, I would bet a ton of guys at this game can jump over a six foot guard.

Good job Grayson.
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

He's also dunked over two 6'8" dudes before:

They are also saying things like "no one expected this from Allen."

Well, he's come in pretty legendary for his dunking already.

As for the rivalry between UNC and Duke, it *used* to matter to the players. But now, with stuff like this, AAU, etc.. all these guys know and like each other. Kind of muddies the rivalry.

As for Jay being in no position? He's an All-American and NPOY at Duke, and a former NBA first rounder. He has a little bit of clout if he wanted to say no.
    You're right, but then he looks petty and a guy who takes everything way to seriously. I would have been SHOCKED if he said no. He coulda thrown the sweat shirt away though...
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post
    This moron play by play guy keeps saying that Grayson is known as a shooter. His strengths on every recruiting website are ball handling and athletic ability with a workable jump shot.

Jay isn't really in a position to say no to a high school kid who wants to jump over him. Also, for the most part, players only care about the rivalry when the game is going on now a days. We take it far more seriously. If that kid had wanted to jump over me I would have let him try and then just run away as he got close, wasting 15 seconds of his dunk time. Also, I would bet a ton of guys at this game can jump over a six foot guard.

Good job Grayson.
    They are also saying things like "no one expected this from Allen."

Well, he's come in pretty legendary for his dunking already.

As for the rivalry between UNC and Duke, it *used* to matter to the players. But now, with stuff like this, AAU, etc.. all these guys know and like each other. Kind of muddies the rivalry.

As for Jay being in no position? He's an All-American and NPOY at Duke, and a former NBA first rounder. He has a little bit of clout if he wanted to say no.