Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by NashvilleDevil View Post
    I have been hearing from people that Nick Horvath runs a mean closed practice. I think he is your front runner.
    But he will unexpectedly jump ship for the first NBA assistant job that pops up.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Here's your got damn guy.

He's got all the qualities. Credibility, toughness, knowledge of the game and prestige. And most importantly, he's a damn winner. I'd love that hire, and since it was mentioned, I am now craving it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    Lang is currently the head coach here: http://basketball.asia-basket.com/te..._Dolphins/1701
    That's a good get on Antonio Lang. Sporks! Thanks for the info. GoDuke!

Spoke too soon about sporks, must spread some around first. GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    But he will unexpectedly jump ship for the first NBA assistant job that pops up.
    Can I take that to the bank?
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    Here's your got damn guy.

He's got all the qualities. Credibility, toughness, knowledge of the game and prestige. And most importantly, he's a damn winner. I'd love that hire, and since it was mentioned, I am now craving it.
    And height. You forgot height. I have questions, though, about his lateral quickness. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Can I take that to the bank?
    Only against DePaul.

Quote Originally Posted by hustleplays View Post
    With great respect, I think that more coaching turnover might be good, and it may in fact be needed. Wojo has been an awesome contributor to our basketball program. He is also a very guard oriented coach, as has been most of Coach K's staff. Yes, I know he coached the Big Men, and I never ever thought that that made sense. I know this is a perennial issue, and every possible angle has been dissected to death on DBR, but that doesn't make it a non-issue.

This year's team, and this year's coaching, have been very disappointing to me. Not primarily because of the results in wins and losses and not because of not winning championships. Rather, because -- as many DBR posters and outside analysts have noted -- the significant underperformance of this year's hugely talented team, and WHY they underperformed. I felt that Coach K and our coaching staff were not imaginative and that they reverted to old habits in crunch time. And judging from Coach K's Mercer post game presser and the end of year presser, I was not reassured that he was fully willing and able to make a full, "root cause" After Action Review. I respect Coach K as a person, leader and coach immensely. But I have become concerned about what I saw this past season.

I would love to see the addition of a new assistant coach. And, yes, with no apologies and with great conviction, I would love to see the addition of a true BIG MAN coach who has played and excelled at the Center position. Coach K is not likely to have Laettner, Gminski, Zoubek and others coach the guards no matter how bright, knowledgeable and talented they may be re the game of basketball. I believe that there are deep perspectives, techniques and mindsets that come only from having played under the basket. Of course, Coach K would have to let the Big Man coach influence how both the offense and the defense work in order to take full advantage.
    "Make each word tell." Elements of Style. Congratulations.

The Scheyer upgrade to assistant coach isn't a done deal. GoDuke didn't release an official statement. No other local beat reporters have corroborated.

And Laura Keeley herself clarifies:

Jon Scheyer is expected to take Wojciechowski’s position with the Blue Devils. Scheyer, 26, graduated from Duke in 2010 and joined the staff as a special assistant prior to this season. The Blue Devils are expected to take their time finding a replacement for Scheyer’s position.

Laettner would make our teams so much tougher. We would not be able to have fear of the moment. He knows how to get under a player's skin to get him to do the right thing. He would make it to where "BoringJabari" wouldn't be a thing anymore (the Twitter account).

"SWEEP THE LEG, JABARI!!! SWEEP THE LEG!!!"

Edit, I do not/am not actually advocating violence and this is a joking metaphor for attacking 24/7 on both ends of the court. No settling for a jump shot, when a drive is there.