Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    The biggest nightmare would be seeing you in a miniskirt and tight top on ANY flight
    Touché!

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Was the stat about 20% of people now obese in every state supposed to make us feel better in some way? About flying? It's a significant problem for those of us who fly coach, where the seats are so narrow. And you're absolutely right about reclining seats and inconsiderate occupants, too. Combine the two, and add a restless and noisy adjacent baby or toddler on a long flight, and you just described one of my nightmare scenarios. And, yes, let's add a drunk while we're at it. And godawful security lines and the inconvenience of having to take off our shoes, pull out the laptop, take the change out of our pockets, and put the lip balm and hand cream in a plastic bag, all to learn our flight has been cancelled or delayed for secret reasons.

The point, I guess, is that flying has become a horrible experience, and there are a lot of issues I would like to see addressed before an airline decides to humiliate someone because she is a bit immodest about her sexuality. Please.

BTW, the portion of the total adult American population now considered overweight is a staggering 65%. The portion considered obese is 30%. See http://www.americanheart.org/downloa...tionAtRisk.pdf.

Thank god for Amtrak in the northeast corridor, at least.
    Last edited by mapei; 09-16-2007 at 11:08 AM. Reason: to include statistics

Thank god for Amtrak in the northeast corridor, at least.
    The good news is that post-peak oil will eventually force the airlines out of business and we'll have to return to some sort of rail.

I just found out it is impossible to go non-stop on anybody but USAIr from STL to PIT. Bah.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Just an update...it appears Kyla Ebbert has posed for Playboy.com according PR Newswire this week.