Thread: I'm not there

I'm not there

I'm not there. Anybody know anything about this movie - different actors portray different aspects of Dylan's life. I've heard a few songs off the soundtrack - all Dylan songs played by different musicians. Jeff Tweedy's version of Simple Twist of Fate is great.
    ~rthomas

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    I'm not there. Anybody know anything about this movie - different actors portray different aspects of Dylan's life. I've heard a few songs off the soundtrack - all Dylan songs played by different musicians. Jeff Tweedy's version of Simple Twist of Fate is great.
    All I know is that one version of Dylan (at his curly-haired finest - think Blonde on Blonde) is played by Cate Blanchett. That's enough to convince me to tune in - just to see how she does with it. The others appear to be Heath Ledger, Christian Bale, Richard Gere, Marcus Carl Franklin, and Ben Winshaw.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

people on some of the music oriented forums i frequent are praising the soundtrack. movie should be good.

Resurrecting this thread - the latest issue of Rolling Stone gave this 3 1/2 stars (out of four) and particularly praised Cate Blanchett.

She burns through Haynes' (the director) head-trip odyssey like an illuminating torch. Blanchett's soon to be legendary performance is not a stunt, it's some kind of miracle. . . . You won't see a better example of interpretive art this year by man or woman.
    It comes out on Wednesday, and I'm completely psyched to see it.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke