View Poll Results: Which systems do you own and why? 360/PS3/Wii?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Playstation 3

5 9.62%
  • XBox 360

5 9.62%
  • Nintendo Wii

17 32.69%
  • Combination of two above

5 9.62%
  • None

20 38.46%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Which systems do you own and why? 360/PS3/Wii?

I personally own a PS3.

I bought the PS3 because I really wanted a Blu-Ray player and I am content with the games that are on the PS3 and the ones coming out soon. Plus, I like the free online status and the reliability that comes with it. My PS2 lasted for damn near 5-6 years without a flaw until a few months ago when it finally gave in so I got the PS3

Good amount of my friends got 360's and all love them especially their online service but all but one have had to send their systems in for repairs AND 3 of them are on their 3rd 360 due to sending it in twice...just too make hassle for me right now to do that.

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    I'm still using my PS2 as I don't play games enough to justify buying a new system.

PS2 sales are still quite strong from what I read. That is ridiculous.

I loved mine until it broke. Ashame too as I can't even imagine the hours I played on it.

If it wasn't for the PS3/Blu-Ray connection, I would never have gotten it. Too much money.

But, I am very happy with the Blu-Ray player. No problems so far on my HDTV

I still have a PS2, but I got a Wii for my birthday (last month). PS2 is great for playing by myself (Madden, Gran Turismo 4) but the Wii is awesome when we have company. This game really makes me wish I owned a console with better GPU, but my brother-in-law has a 360, so I'll get to play it over thanksgiving When Gran Turismo 5 comes out, I'll probably give in and buy a PS3 and upgrade to this wheel (i have this now, I think)

Thumbs up Can't wait.

I'm not a video game player -- rather read a good book. BUT I can't wait to get Wii -- it's going to be my Xmas gift. Yahoo. Boxing, bowling, baseball, golf, etc. etc.

Can't wait!!

Showing my age, I enjoyed Galaga in the video arcades back in the 80's. I haven't gotten into home video game players though. My thumbs and fingers just don't seem to work. My 16 year old son started with Nintendo 64, then upgraded to a Playstation 2, and now is stuck on the Xbox 360 for the past year or so. I sometimes think he is obsessed with it.
    Tom Mac

My cousin's husband works for Mister Softee...he can get rock bottom pricing on the 360 so I will probably get one this Christmas. As I am not in love with any particular game, I will minimize my costs and just find a few for whatever platform I do happen to get.

Quote Originally Posted by hc5duke View Post
    I still have a PS2, but I got a Wii for my birthday (last month). PS2 is great for playing by myself (Madden, Gran Turismo 4) but the Wii is awesome when we have company. This game really makes me wish I owned a console with better GPU, but my brother-in-law has a 360, so I'll get to play it over thanksgiving When Gran Turismo 5 comes out, I'll probably give in and buy a PS3 and upgrade to this wheel (i have this now, I think)
    How do you like your wheel? I had a MadCatz wheel from 3-4 years ago and never got enough feedback from it. So I would constantly oversteer...

Not me but my husband

has a
    wii
    ps2
    game cube
    sega saturn & genesis

At my bachelorette party. I was supposed to number and name all the consoles my game programmer husband had owned--fat chance.

not 360 or ps3--husband claims there aren't enough games he's interested in on those platforms to make it worth picking up. Probably would have siad the same about the wii, but I got that for him for his birthday.

360 and Wii. I had a PS2 for years, but I can't justify moving to PS3 because I don't feel compelled to follow the last ever increase in physical media capacity (HD-DVD / Blu-Ray). I've already switched to DVRs and computer connections to my HD TV, and screw buying all my DVD movies again in HD formats. Also, Sony is an evil company that hates its customers, so screw those guys.

The 360 and Wii are awesome for very different reasons. The 360 has a great stable of games and scratches the itch for graphics and whizz bangy effects (in much the same way a PS3 would). The Wii is just fun.

I'm still mad at my parents for never getting me an Atari.

I got an Odyssey 200 instead of an Atari. I think that explains a lot about the adult I am today.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I got an Odyssey 200 instead of an Atari. I think that explains a lot about the adult I am today.
    You think that's bad? My family got an Apple /// instead of a ][!

Oh yeah, I meant to put video games on the don't get it thread. I remember first seeing them in malls in 1981 and thinking, "why in the world would anyone ever want to do that?" Still curious.

alteran is offline All-American, Honorable Mention
    Got a Wii. Love it, but by far the best game with it is the one that comes in the box. I sure hope some companies master the paradigm shift this console requires.

I've held off on the whole Xbox thing. No reason in particular, just nothing on it appealed to me QUITE enough.

I am hopelessly addicted to a series of games called Wipeout, made under the Sony banner. Sony intimated that they were done with Wipeout, but apparently they reconsidered and will come out with it soon-- which means I'll own a PS3 shortly thereafter. Having BlueRay will be nice as well.

16. Wii all the way and loving it. I also have a PS2 (which broke shortly after it came out of the box. Grr, hate Sony) and a host of older consoles.

I'm a pretty hard-core gamer, but I agree with others that have observed that there just aren't enough good games to justify the $500-$700 for one of the other two. Game designer/big deal visionary Will Wright noted that the Wii is the only real "next gen" console since it is the only one that is actually doing something new, rather than just pumping up the graphics. Anybody who doesn't like games generally still owes it to themselves to try out WiiSports or WiiPlay.

I do agree that Assassin's Creed and a few other games on the horizon look REALLY good and may entice me to pick up one of the behemoths. Until then, WiiSports, Zelda, Paper Mario, and Resident Evil are doing fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilCastDownfromDurham View Post
    I do agree that Assassin's Creed and a few other games on the horizon look REALLY good and may entice me to pick up one of the behemoths. Until then, WiiSports, Zelda, Paper Mario, and Resident Evil are doing fine for me.
    Assassin's Creed looks great, and I must have GTA for the 360. Saints Row was a competent substitute.

Oh boy, how timely a thing as I have been considering getting a PS2 or perhaps a Wii within the next six months as I will be having company in the summer and I must get ready for them (or atleast that's my excuse )

I shall be taking notes!!!

I'm sure it will come as no surprise to many of you that we're an Xbox360 family. (Though a brother-in-law used to work in Nintendo support.)

I'm an occasional gamer (good target practice for others in Halo; capable farmer in Viva Pinata); I'd love to get a Wii, but practically, I recognize I'd only play it 2-3x per year.

I like the Xbox more for its media extender capabilities, and we use it to stream music into the living room, view pics on the big screen, and catch up on bittorrented TV and movies (yay Vista Media Center capabilities).

And Ymo, Odyssey? This thing? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnavox_Odyssey%C2%B2

We were an early Timex family; my brother and I fought over whose tape recorder would serve as the 'storage drive.' http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timex_Sinclair

360 and a Wii.

No interest in the PS3, as it is lacking in any exclusive titles that interest me. I slso have a DS, a gaming rig PC, and most of the historical consoles.