Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
    Jon Scheyer part II?????? I'll take 60% as good as Jon!
    Yeah, he seems like a left-handed Scheyer to me. I hate that it's such an easy comparison to make but if you input these three things into an all-knowing player comparison basketball computer...

(1) Reputation as a shooter, but is actually much more than that. Possesses court vision / IQ, driving ability.
    (2) Can play PG
    (3) Effectively shorter than listed height. Long neck and relatively short arms.

... it probably outputs Jon Scheyer. (Caveat: all youtube observations about Kennard.)

Quote Originally Posted by mr. synellinden View Post
    Watching one of his highlight videos, one thing that is very apparent is that he can finish well with both hands.
    Thanks for posting this highlight video. It's apparent to me that he's amphibious near the rim.

Super amphibious, even. A couple of times, moreover, he showed a delicate combo of an extra split second in the air with a special spin off the glass. Very soft touch on his shot, both 3-bomb and off the glass. He exhibited the space-creating jab step repeatedly, a big plus with the low release.

I'm glad I didn't see this video a couple of weeks ago, and then learn he'd chosen UK or Mich or whatever.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Go ask Kentucky, aren't they 40-0?
    40-0ish.

Welcome Luke!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

His shot and game look slightly Ginobili-esque. Looks to have a good handle and really nice passing skills. Impossible to tell, of course, but he looks more well-rounded than Murphy. Got a good feeling about him.

Very positive scouting report.looks like he can play point too.

http://www.landgrantholyland.com/201...state-michigan

Quote Originally Posted by gumbomoop View Post
    Thanks for posting this highlight video. It's apparent to me that he's amphibious near the rim.

Super amphibious, even. A couple of times, moreover, he showed a delicate combo of an extra split second in the air with a special spin off the glass. Very soft touch on his shot, both 3-bomb and off the glass. He exhibited the space-creating jab step repeatedly, a big plus with the low release.

I'm glad I didn't see this video a couple of weeks ago, and then learn he'd chosen UK or Mich or whatever.
    He is a very good quarterback and throws with his right hand, thus explaining his strong ability to finish with either hand.
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Yeah, he seems like a left-handed Scheyer to me. I hate that it's such an easy comparison to make
    Why don't we have him grow a few inches and then we can compare him to Dunleavy.

Just playing around, but maybe...

Kennard - PG
    Greyson - SG
    Rasheed - SF
    Amile - PF
    MP3 - C

Sounds interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by gumbomoop View Post

Yes, the old basketball question -- is he a shooter or a scorer?

This kid looks like both -- he has great range and accuracy from deep, and also finds a variety of ways to get to the hoop, where he finishes very well.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. synellinden View Post
    Who's this joker?
    Only his second post. But then, you and I and only 2 others knew that before this post. He needs to read what he was supposed to have read about posting decorum before he posted. Evidently, he didn't do it.

Hey, Wojo guy, or whatever, listen to what you were told to do. Get it right, please, or no posting for you.

ricks

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Wow. Applying the "future transfer" label within the first hour of the Welcome to Duke thread? This has to be the earliest time that's happened, right? Congratulations on having no soul.

Mods, please let the newbie's comment stand. We'll need it for evidence later.
    They made their drive-by post and now they're back in their safe haven at a Kentucky or Ohio St site.

Quote Originally Posted by WojoAlum View Post
    DN.
    If Rodney Hood, Jabari Parker and Jahlil Okafor go pro by the 2015 draft, Duke would have only nine scholarships allocated for Kennard's freshman year *with* Kennard. Overrecruiting is not the issue here.
    Last edited by BluBones; 03-24-2014 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NashvilleDevil View Post
    They made their drive-by post and now they're back in their safe haven at a Kentucky or Ohio St site.
    Hate to say it, but based on where Luke lives, he'll probably be hearing from a lot of knuckleheads like this over the next year.

Fortunately, it appears like he has great family support and great support from his hometown.

Franklin’s Kennard a hot ticket

Some may have already seen this article from last month; it's a good look from the Dayton paper at this small town star.

Quote Originally Posted by WojoAlum View Post
    DN
    That's a not uncommon critique of several coaches, including Cal, Self, and K. Whether it's true or not in general, in this particular case I think Luke will excel at Duke. If the scouting reports are accurate, he'll be able to play 3 positions and make an impact with his rebounding, passing, scoring and leadership (plays point and QB). I'm super excited to see him in action!
    Last edited by BluBones; 03-24-2014 at 10:00 PM.

He kind of reminds me of Baker from Wichita State. Similar handles but probably better driving ability. We'll see!

don't know about 2 yrs in a row

but I really do believe we have a great shot at it next year..I know after the season we've been through I'll get lambasted for it, but we have such promising mix of freshmen at four positions that really do look like prototypes at their position that it could be classic basketball team. true point guard, jones...I hope K gives him the ball day 1 and tells him its his team, he's done it before. Grayson Allen, you guys can laugh but he is a pure shooter with great hops, JJ like and with Winslow a power forward in the Battier/Singler mold and Okafor a true center and maybe the best center we've seen come to Duke as a freshman..just great distribution of size and talent that should complement each other so well...throw out what we've seen this year with freshmen inexperience, etc...this is gonna be an exception to the rule

I'd start those four and maybe rasheed but he'd have to practice the Nolan Smith runner tear drop in the lane all summer long to get the start...I am sorry but the dribble dribble, drive, get your shot blocked or turn the ball over is a thing of the past...all of course is just my opinion but it my honest one

Welcome to the family, Luke!

Great pickup. From the reports and highlight videos he sounds like he fills a similar role as Grayson. Also, every time I see his name I think "Kenny Dennard."

Quote Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
    Just playing around, but maybe...

Kennard - PG
    Greyson - SG
    Rasheed - SF
    Amile - PF
    MP3 - C

Sounds interesting.
    Hmm...
    I'd guess more like,

Jones - PG
    Kennard - SG
    Sulaimon - SF
    Amile - PF
    Plum-tree - C

That's if Suli doesn't blow up next year, and IF Matt Jones doesn't step up to become a reliable 2 guard. Among many other IF's is Tyus Jones sticking around after a year. I guess we could go on for a while; Semi?, recruits not committed yet?? All this to get to the point that a lot could change between now and then.

Anyway, welcome to Duke, Cool Hand Luke. I hope you enjoy your time!

Go Duke
    Last edited by CPDUKEGUY24; 03-24-2014 at 09:00 PM. Reason: adding Semi to my ?'s

Welcome to Duke, Luke! Please stay 4 years!

Go Duke!