Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 24 90 View Post
    Quick clip of the announcement from Scarberry Media
    Thanks. A couple loud boos in there when he first announced for Duke, but then mostly polite applause afterwards.

There was a lot of talk just a month ago, when UK looked like it may land him, that Kennard was a strong candidate to reclassify to 2014-15. Even though nothing of this sort was mentioned during the announcement, is there any chance of this still potentially happening?

My guess is no, but I am so stoked for the kid's arrival that I wanted to ask.

Note: It's possible that I confusing Kennard with Charles Matthews on this, but I do remember the possibility arising several times.

Yeah it was Charles Matthews that was rumored to be reclassifying -- but he's not, either.

Ah. Thanks. Damn. My ADD getting the best of me again. A year and half is a long wait.

Indeed. We'll still have some players to launch some three-bombs for you next season, Cameron.

Tyus Jones seems to have deep range to me, and he'll get a lot of minutes, whether starting or off the bench.

jb75

for the old timers, Luke's video reminds me of Jack Marin.

Somewhere in Lexington there is a dark mind thinking, "He hasn't signed a Letter of Intent yet. I'm going to keep him -- and his parents -- on my speed dial."

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Indeed. We'll still have some players to launch some three-bombs for you next season, Cameron.

Tyus Jones seems to have deep range to me, and he'll get a lot of minutes, whether starting or off the bench.
    I don't think his shooting is as highly regarded as his handle and passing. But I'll wager any amount he's starting from day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Henderson View Post
    Somewhere in Lexington there is a dark mind thinking, "He hasn't signed a Letter of Intent yet. I'm going to keep him -- and his parents -- on my speed dial."
    Ha, and I'm called a pessimist?! Nah, he sounds solid. Much to Devin Booker's relief.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Thanks; was that his mom on his right? Sorry for being so shallow, but she's in the Sonya Curry neighborhood
    That's his sister. If she comes to any games, I am sure Brent Musburger would be a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    That's his sister. If she comes to any games, I am sure Brent Musburger would be a fan.
    If she wants to go to any game in Cameron, I will have an extra ticket. (Apologies to my son who normally sits next to me, but there are priorities in life.)

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    Ah. Thanks. Damn. My ADD getting the best of me again. A year and half is a long wait.
    It is, but we have a loaded class coming in as it is. Add another and I would be starting to check for transfer news. Although, as I type that, I started thinking "would coming in early be such a bad thing if you redshirted?" That could be a delicious scenario. Either way we have to wait a year and a half, but by the time Kennard (or whoever the scenario fits) plays, they have a season of Duke practice under their belt.
    In a way, that is what happened with both Murphy and MP3, but neither of those two came in knowing they would not see the court in their first season, which could affect a player psychologically. I don't think Marshall was let down by it, but I am not so sure about Alex.
    So if we get a player that can graduate and come in early, which would you rather see? That guy playing a season full of games in HS, or a season on our bench and in practice every day? Toss up for me, but I do like the idea of him involved in our system for a year. Works well for most of the football freshmen.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I have just started to watch highlights it looks like left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. He is amphibious.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post
    He is a very good quarterback and throws with his right hand, thus explaining his strong ability to finish with either hand.
    On amphibious, this earlier post from Dukehky tells us a lot. A lot.

Apparently Luke is playing well at EYBL.
    https://twitter.com/evandaniels/stat...10261601693696

Here is an evaluation of Kennard from OTRHoopsReport along with a highlight tape.

http://ontheradarhoops.com/otrhoopsr...tober-29-2014/

Quote Originally Posted by Gargoyle View Post
    Here is an evaluation of Kennard from OTRHoopsReport along with a highlight tape.

I love watching high school highlights. They are so, incredibly meaningless. Kennard is good, but out there he looks like Lebron: driving at will, shooting effectively, taking contact. Most of his competition are <180 pounds and <6'1". Kennard is clearly a man amongst boys out there.

That said, I am really intrigued by Kennard. The dude can clearly shoot, and I love his get-to-the-rim mentality. Should be an interesting player to follow next year.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Those weren't boo's, they were Luke's.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    I love watching high school highlights. They are so, incredibly meaningless. Kennard is good, but out there he looks like Lebron: driving at will, shooting effectively, taking contact. Most of his competition are <180 pounds and <6'1". Kennard is clearly a man amongst boys out there.

That said, I am really intrigued by Kennard. The dude can clearly shoot, and I love his get-to-the-rim mentality. Should be an interesting player to follow next year.
    Actually I looked up their roster, all those kids are 6'6"+ and at least 210. Luke is just a monster.

Quote Originally Posted by Gargoyle View Post

So did he actually take (and make) 20+ free throws that game or did they just show a handful over and over again? I think that he is going to be a solid player for Duke but I'm not sure about the level of competition in that video. They guys guarding him seemed to all be 2-4 inches shorter and none seemed to have very good defensive postures.