Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Heroes - Parasite

Thoughts:

Now we know where Peter's scar comes from (as per future-Hiro's mention in the subway).

HRG seems to be screwed. Bos, any spoilers on how many more episodes Jack is shooting?

Selfishly, I'm a bit sad that Mohinder appears to have survived. That would be another sub-par actor off the show.

Late April? Ugh.

At least it won't interfere with March Madness!

3. Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Thoughts:
    I love Heroes, and tonight's was a very excellent episode in almost all respects.

However: the X-Men ripoffs have never been as obvious as the one we saw tonight. That new girl IS Mystique. Totally.

Do we know that Mohinder isn't dead/dying?

What is Sylar going to get from him before he kills him?

I wonder what happened to Mrs. Bennett?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDiablo View Post
    However: the X-Men ripoffs have never been as obvious as the one we saw tonight.
    If Nathan's wife develops telepathy, we'll know we have a problem.

I agree with the X-Men ripoff. Although, it seems that they are trying to differ a bit in that she can change her surroundings as well.

Does Grandma have any powers?

why the long break - until April 23rd? anything other than too few episodes to fit into only so many sweeps weeks (thus, it's all about $)?

Lost has been criticized for its long break, but at least there was a rationale there.

I enjoyed the episode but I was very disappointed that HRG was so easily duped. I mean come on, the shape shifter is obviously not a fan of his, they just used her power to trick the police and later the same day HRG falls for the same trick? Come on, he's smarter than that...or at least he was before last night. I didn't care too much for that twist. HRG has seemingly gone from a great character generating lost of curiosity (good guy? bad guy? both?) to being all but impotent. His character would have planned ahead for these type of events!

Anyway, I liked the tie in with Claire's grandmother (Nathan's Mom), I like that Hiro finally got his powers back, I like the expanded role of the Haitian, and I can't wait to see the showdown between Sylar and Peter! I don't like that I have to wait 6 weeks to see what happens.

billybreen, hilarious comeback, if Nathan's wife develops telepathy...too funny.

Elvis

Thanks, I'll be here all week. Remember to tip your waitress.

Mystique = shapeshifter
    Candice = illusionist
    You might be thinking of the Scarlet Witch?

It's hard not to be derivative of XMen. They have developed almost every conceivable power in fiction. Heck, they had to have a multi-series crossover to reset the number of mutants under 200, and now they are multiplying again.

The only power in Heroes that has not appeared in an Xman book is Nikki/Jessica. Every other power is in a XMan member.

i would expect that the powers of the company-heroes will be somewhat on the line of illusions, mindreading, mindwiping, etc. - things that would be useful in the process of executing a covert mission to control a hidden group. They wouldn't have much use for flying, exploding, or other exciting powers.

Heroes will never be able to avoid the XMen comparison, but as it stands so far it is carving out a nice place for itself in the genre of superpowered dramas.

Exiled

Peter's Scar

I'm not sure I quite understand why Peter would still have a scar after the Sylar incident. If he can heal like Claire and has control over his powers, then why not just completely heal the scar? if he can heal after getting impaled after the fall on the taxi, why not after some "brain surgery"?

It may not be the case, but I like to think Nikki's power is super strength... and that the "Jessica" side of her is a multiple personality that developed when her sister was killed. That "Jessica" personality is able to control the power, but Nikki isn't.

It probably isn't that way, but I think it would be better that way. Then Nikki can be 'cured' by bringing her multiple personalities back in line. I personally like that better than the other explanations of her powers(Possession by a dead sister? Ability to uleash an amoral personality when in trouble?). What are other possibilities people have/like for her powers?

Quote Originally Posted by Exiled_Devil View Post

The only power in Heroes that has not appeared in an Xman book is Nikki/Jessica. Every other power is in a XMan member.

Exiled
    She's She-Hulk minus the green skin and law degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    She's She-Hulk minus the green skin and law degree.
    There are similarities, although I think that Banner knew what the Hulk did? Maybe she's more like Jekyll and Hyde (going back a bit further)

Quote Originally Posted by Clipsfan View Post
    There are similarities, although I think that Banner knew what the Hulk did? Maybe she's more like Jekyll and Hyde (going back a bit further)
    Bruce Banner remembers sometimes and forgets sometimes. It depends on the write. I was actually referring to the character "She-Hulk" aka Jennifer Walters - Bruce's cousin.
    Here's the bio: http://www.marvel.com/universe/She-Hulk

Good call on Jekyll/Hyde.

On a side note: I do hope HRG sticks around.

I like the she-hulk and jekyll and hyde ideas. How does that incorporate that Jessica was her sister?

In the preview was that Hiro meeting future Hiro?

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    Bruce Banner remembers sometimes and forgets sometimes. It depends on the write. I was actually referring to the character "She-Hulk" aka Jennifer Walters - Bruce's cousin.
    Here's the bio: http://www.marvel.com/universe/She-Hulk

Good call on Jekyll/Hyde.

On a side note: I do hope HRG sticks around.
    Interesting...I didn't know that there was an actual She-Hulk (although I shouldn't be surprised). I thought that you were just saying she was a female version of the Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by bhd28 View Post
    I like the she-hulk and jekyll and hyde ideas. How does that incorporate that Jessica was her sister?
    It doesn't incorporate that Jessica was her sister at all. The best I can throw out there is that Jessica was the manifestation due to emotional/mental distress at the loss of her sister. It was easier to have a template for the second part of her personality.