Huge Heroes spoiler!!!

Well, if you are reading this you must not care about being spoiled, right?

Still, I will see if I can put this spoiler in hidden text. Highlight the section below to read the spoiler:

Tim Kreig, the creator of Heroes has said that Linderman... has powers too!! No word what Linderman can do but he was once part of a group of heroes himself but the group decided to use their powers for personal gain instead of to help the general public. Linderman is also behind the plot to blow up New York. In a moment straight out of a bad 24 plot, Linderman will tell Nathan that blowing up New York will strike fear into American and make the country more safe as a result.

I have also heard some scuttlebutt about season two. Apparently most of the Heroes we have come to know and love... are going to be killed off before this season is over. Next season will be a whole new storyline with some holdovers but mostly new characters.

Wow!!!

-Jason "props to Kreig for what he has planned for season 2, but I bet the network pressures him not to do it quite the way he is planning-- just too risky" Evans

Thumbs up Good move Jason!

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Well, if you are reading this you must not care about being spoiled, right?

Still, I will see if I can put this spoiler in hidden text. Highlight the section below to read the spoiler:

I have also heard some scuttlebutt about season two. Apparently most of the Heroes we have come to know and love...

Wow!!!
    Great way to hide spoilers Jason. Props to you for thinking of it!

If they do what is hidden above, please don't do it to Hiro. (I'm a quick learner. Afterall, I have a Duke Engineering degree!)
    Last edited by JasonEvans; 03-13-2007 at 06:08 PM.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Ozzie,

I edited your post to better hide the hidden spoiler text. When it got quoted, the white text actually stood out a bit from the grey background.

To everyone posting in a spoiler thread, please do not quote the spoiler-hide section as it will show up against the grey background.

-Jason

First, very clever way to "hide" the spoiler.

Those spoilers make a lot of sense, as Linderman seems to know too much about the special powers. Also, the best way to have the show remain interesting is through the discovery of new characters. Otherwise, it will have to follow the path of 24, where the potential disasters will be more and more ridiculous. If we get to know the characters too well, then the only thing that would serve to hold our interest would be their using their growing abilities in phenomenal ways.

Should we also not respond to the spoilers in the spoiler thread? I don't say explicitly what you quoted, but most Duke grads can probably figure it out from what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by Clipsfan View Post
    Should we also not respond to the spoilers in the spoiler thread? I don't say explicitly what you quoted, but most Duke grads can probably figure it out from what I said.
    I think people who read threads labelled "spoilers" have a hard time complaining about accidentally being spoiled. I color the text to make sure folks have to take that extra step to be spoiled. I think comments on the spoilers are assumed further down in the thread. No sweat.

The fact that Tim Kreig himself is spreading these spoilers around makes me feel even better about talking about them. It is not like the spoilers from shows like Survivor and others where the show's producers do not want stuff to get out but it gets out anyway.

Maybe Kreig has other big twists in store for us so he does not mind letting these out.

-Jason

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I think people who read threads labelled "spoilers" have a hard time complaining about accidentally being spoiled. I color the text to make sure folks have to take that extra step to be spoiled. I think comments on the spoilers are assumed further down in the thread. No sweat.

The fact that Tim Kreig himself is spreading these spoilers around makes me feel even better about talking about them. It is not like the spoilers from shows like Survivor and others where the show's producers do not want stuff to get out but it gets out anyway.

Maybe Kreig has other big twists in store for us so he does not mind letting these out.

-Jason
    I agree that Kreig revealing them rather than them leaking out is a positive, but I can't help thinking that Krieg may realize that he needs to do something to counteract the impact of the current hiatus so has therefore chosen to release the spoilers. One hiatus is enough for many fans to deal with, so two may upset quite a few. At least the spoilers help move the plot along and keep the fans interested as they learn about them.

First spoiler - doesn't surprise me. I think it ties in with a few other thoughts that I had. Namely, Momma Petrelli knowing so much and Papa Petrelli possibly being a Hero as well.

Second spoiler - that would dissapoint me. I like the status quo, and a change like that would be alarming. Although, I can see all but Peter, Claire and Hiro going without much issue.

Ok, at this point I am gonna assume anyone reading this far down into the thread cannot complain about being spoiled anymore.

Well, just in case...

STOP READING IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE SPOILED

I'M SERIOUS

STOP NOW!

Ok...

Given that Kreig plans to kill off a huge chunk of the cast, who do you want to see survive into season two? Which characters are essential in your mind? Who, if killed off, will you really miss? Is there any loss that would cause you to stop watching the show?

My list:

1. Hiro - though the show must be careful about making him too powerful
    2. Sylar - gotta keep the bad guy around. I'd enjoy exploring his motivation too. I think it could be more than just "he's crazy."
    3. Matt - I think a lot can be done with a mind reading cop. Plus, I like the actor.
    4. Peter - I like the character, but not the actor. Also, a real risk of giving him too much power too.
    5. Nathan - sorry, but his flying was really cool.

That's it. I can live without everyone else. I actually only feel strongly about the first three anyway.

I really like the Bennetts and Claire. I could see how they could be phased out, as Mr. Bennett's purpose was to find people and to 'hide' Claire, but the actors are great, and they are 3 of my favorite characters as well. I REALLY hope they stay.

Thumbs up HRG and Claire

Quote Originally Posted by bhd28 View Post
    I really like the Bennetts and Claire. I could see how they could be phased out, as Mr. Bennett's purpose was to find people and to 'hide' Claire, but the actors are great, and they are 3 of my favorite characters as well. I REALLY hope they stay.
    Gotta keep Mr. Bennett/HRG. After all, he's Bos's friend, Duke classmate and DBR reader! And Claire, besides being good looking, is also a Duke fan. So keep 'em both
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com