DBR Bracket Challenge Is Back!

Hey everyone,

I've taken the liberty of rebooting the DBR bracket challenge for this year's tournament! Those of you who participated last year will be receiving email invites to join in, but it's open to anyone who wants to put their bracket to the test. It's free and run through Yahoo! and here are the details:

Name: Duke Basketball Report
    Pool ID: 152711
    Password: duke

Please try to include your DBR handle in your team name, if at all possible. It makes it easier to track who is doing well and who just doesn't quite cut it. One bracket per person, so make it your best one...winner receives bragging rights. And, as always, if you don't have Duke winning it all, you're subject to an eternity of ridicule!

Best of luck to everyone! And, LET'S GO DUKE!
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

2. Quote Originally Posted by blazindw View Post
    Hey everyone,

I've taken the liberty of rebooting the DBR bracket challenge for this year's tournament! Those of you who participated last year will be receiving email invites to join in, but it's open to anyone who wants to put their bracket to the test. It's free and run through Yahoo! and here are the details:

Name: Duke Basketball Report
    Pool ID: 152711
    Password: duke

Please try to include your DBR handle in your team name, if at all possible. It makes it easier to track who is doing well and who just doesn't quite cut it. One bracket per person, so make it your best one...winner receives bragging rights. And, as always, if you don't have Duke winning it all, you're subject to an eternity of ridicule!

Best of luck to everyone! And, LET'S GO DUKE!

Well, this is strange but Yahoo requires an SMS verification to join, and insists on sending it to a US number. So out of luck for international DBRers?

Quote Originally Posted by ice-9 View Post
    Well, this is strange but Yahoo requires an SMS verification to join, and insists on sending it to a US number. So out of luck for international DBRers?
    I've never come across that before, so not sure how to help in this area unfortunately.

2003-2004 HLM

Has anyone else had trouble clicking and dragging teams to the appropriate lines? Thanks and GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Has anyone else had trouble clicking and dragging teams to the appropriate lines? Thanks and GoDuke!
    Click on your selection. Don't bother dragging

Quote Originally Posted by blazindw View Post
    I've never come across that before, so not sure how to help in this area unfortunately.
    yeah - and i'm not sure I want yahoo having my cell phone number and sending me unsolicited text messages for marketing purposes. what about an espn dbr group?
    Singler is IRON

I STILL GOT IT! -- Ryan Kelly, March 2, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by mr. synellinden View Post
    yeah - and i'm not sure I want yahoo having my cell phone number and sending me unsolicited text messages for marketing purposes. what about an espn dbr group?
    It's never asked me for my number...not sure why it's doing that for others, but all you need is an email address to create a bracket.

2003-2004 HLM

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by blazindw View Post
    It's never asked me for my number...not sure why it's doing that for others, but all you need is an email address to create a bracket.
    It only does that if you sign up for the Billion Dolllar prize bracket challenge. If you avoid that and just sign up for our challenge you don't have to enter your phone number. Only problem I had was figuring out how to change the name of my bracket so I could use my screen name. That took awhile. Had no problems drag and dropping the winners.

Gotta bump this. Can't believe it was on the third page. I missed it on Sunday!

10. Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    It only does that if you sign up for the Billion Dolllar prize bracket challenge. If you avoid that and just sign up for our challenge you don't have to enter your phone number. Only problem I had was figuring out how to change the name of my bracket so I could use my screen name. That took awhile. Had no problems drag and dropping the winners.
    I've got no interest in the billion dollar prize bracket challenge, but it's still asking for my phone number. Not sure why. Personally wish we would just use ESPN's format.

11. Here's the relevant Yahoo page about this: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/tourney-pi...pressions=true

Bolded for emphasis...

By submitting your mobile phone number and clicking Send SMS when you signed up for Tourney Pick'em or Billion Dollar Bracket Challenge, you agreed to accept electronic disclosures, signatures, records, and other electronic communications from Yahoo including:

Your consent to receive up to 2 automated marketing text messages per week from Yahoo.
    Your agreement to use electronic records to document your consent to receive text messages.
    Agreeing to receive these text messages is not a condition of purchasing any property, goods, or services.

To participate in the free Yahoo Sports Tourney Pick‘em 2014 or Quicken Loans Billion Dollar Bracket Challenge with Yahoo Sports, you must initially agree to receive text messages from Yahoo. However, you can text the reply STOP at any time (message and data rates may apply) to stop getting text messages from us.
    So I don't know how some of you were able to sign up for the "Tourney Pick'em" without a phone number...probably because Yahoo already has it on file.

But two SMS spam from Yahoo per week? No thanks.

Even if I didn't mind, Yahoo insists on a US phone number which I obviously don't have, being outside the US. I checked my Yahoo account settings and it's clearly marked to my current location outside the US, so I don't even know why Yahoo keeps thinking I have a US number.

In any case, I'm taking my talents to ESPN.

Hah! This Billion dollar bracket was a brilliant marketing move. They get hundreds of thousands of cell phone numbers and other valuable marketing info, in exchange for a gamble of an event that will never happen (picking a perfect bracket). I'm steering clear of this too.

i entered it...you get an email confirmation from Quicken saying that by entering you signed up to receive marketing from them, and then right beside it, there's and OPT OUT button that takes you to a page where you click on every thing you want to opt out of...including texts and contact by phone...

pity the poor quicken fool that calls me on my cell phone....(i DO have a lot of fun with telemarketers tho)
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Here's the relevant Yahoo page about this: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/tourney-pi...pressions=true

Bolded for emphasis...

So I don't know how some of you were able to sign up for the "Tourney Pick'em" without a phone number...probably because Yahoo already has it on file.

But two SMS spam from Yahoo per week? No thanks.

Even if I didn't mind, Yahoo insists on a US phone number which I obviously don't have, being outside the US. I checked my Yahoo account settings and it's clearly marked to my current location outside the US, so I don't even know why Yahoo keeps thinking I have a US number.

Two text messages a week? Bah, who needs a billion dollars?

BTW, I'm in the pool kids, so no sense in even bothering anymore.

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Anyone checked the pool standings lately ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ky-Dukie View Post
    Anyone checked the pool standings lately ?
    Naw. Still too early. It takes a while to clean it, shock it, and then wait for the ph and chemical readings to stabilize. And realistically, unless you are a member of the polar bear club, the air temperature is not up enough to bring the water temperature up to a tolerable level. Whoops, since I moved from Texas, I was making a judgment based on NC mountain temperatures. Heck, the pools in Texas were probably in good standing weeks and weeks ago.

(That's about the amount of interest I've had since UConn and UK were on their way to the FF.)

But I have to admit, UConn played a fantastic game, and it was exciting to watch------especially since UK lost.

ricks