Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Rationing Madness????

So I had various games streaming all day on my Chrome book while I worked at my laptop and near the end of the NC State game I got shut down and the message said something to the effect that I had used up my streaming allotment?????

Does anyone know if it is a daily ration or am I done for the whole tournament?

I can't find anything about that on the cbs website.

Quote Originally Posted by RPS View Post
    Here's a story from 1991 you may not have heard.

Happily, that idea is a crock (though it would be completely worth it).

I'm hoping for lots of buzzer-beaters and six Duke wins (of course).
    Wow, at the :55 in mark of that video, you see Laettner get his head slammed to the floor by a (Mich?) State player. I had forgotten about that incident. Does anyone remember the context?
    The Gordog

Quote Originally Posted by The Gordog View Post
    Wow, at the :55 in mark of that video, you see Laettner get his head slammed to the floor by a (Mich?) State player. I had forgotten about that incident. Does anyone remember the context?
    It was the regional semi-final game against UConn

UConn center Rod Sellers bounced Laettner's head off the court after taking an elbow to the face on a previous possession

Sellers said his emotional outburst was precipitated by an elbow Laettner landed to Sellers' face on the previous trip downcourt. A review of the videotape shows that Laettner's left elbow struck Sellers in the right cheek with 6:24 remaining. The blow staggered Sellers briefly.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/199...laettner-elbow

Although Sellers apologized he apparently was not a Laettner fan

"He just took my head out of the game... I just wanted to kill him; in fact I still do—if I saw him now I would try to hurt him."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...00/1/index.htm

Best time of the year. Too bad I always *cough* get sick on Thursday and Friday and have to miss work each year.

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    So I had various games streaming all day on my Chrome book while I worked at my laptop and near the end of the NC State game I got shut down and the message said something to the effect that I had used up my streaming allotment?????

Unfortunately it's a one-time allotment for the whole tournament.

As Stated previously, cbs only lets everybody stream whichever game is on the main CBS channel. For games that are on TruTV, Tbs, or TNT you need a television subscription and have to log in from the CBS website using your television provider credentials. CBS will allow you to "preview" the restricted channels for a limited time. I'm not sure what that limited time is, my guess would be an hour.

You might be able to get in from a different device or computer and get another free hour. I'm not sure if they identify you by your device's MAC address or from your IP address. If it's the latter, you could also try going to a coffee shop and using their wifi. If it's the former, you could use a virtual machine and simulate a new MAC address in order to get another hour.

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post

There does appear to be a limit for games not being broadcast on CBS. You have to login with a TV provider to view games being broadcast on TNT, TBS, and TRUtv. If you don't have a provider login, it looks like you're limited to a 3 hour preview. You may be able to get around that by acquiring a different IP address. Again, games broadcast on CBS don't count against the free-view time. Details are here.

http://www.ncaa.com/march-madness-live/help

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    The NCAA Tournament has finally arrived!!!

And it's gone! I am going to struggle to make myself watch Weber State this afternoon with the same enthusiasm I watched North Dakota State last night.

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    And it's gone! I am going to struggle to make myself watch Weber State this afternoon with the same enthusiasm I watched North Dakota State last night.
    I can't watch any more basketball right now. I will wait for press conferences and hope UNC loses so that their taunts are short lived.

Freezes of screen during Mercer game?

Did anyone else experience the exasperating reloading circle and freeze of the video on CBS online during the game?

I still love watching the tourney, but no question it's harder to get invested in the games when we're no longer in it. But misery loves company, so go underdogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mabdul Doobakus View Post
    I still love watching the tourney, but no question it's harder to get invested in the games when we're no longer in it. But misery loves company, so go underdogs.
    I enjoy the tournament more. It's too stressful when we are still in it.

Quote Originally Posted by TNDukeFan View Post
    Did anyone else experience the exasperating reloading circle and freeze of the video on CBS online during the game?
    Yes, but I assumed it's slow internets at the workplace. I would imagine half the country logged on later in the game too.

Quote Originally Posted by gcashwell View Post
    I enjoy the tournament more. It's too stressful when we are still in it.
    ...Except you have to see the scoreboard crawl under every live game to remind you of the result you'd rather forget.

Now I can just root for my brackets, I guess. And NCCU.

The tourney really is a thing of beauty, today notwithstanding.

I'm sure I will watch plenty more of the tournament and pull for the remaining Duke ties. Go Harvard and Stanford. As for my beloved Dukies, I may pop in the 2010 National Championship game and reflect on a team full of leadership who played great basketball together. Not the most talented team but one heck of a Unit who played well together. Congrats Mercer.

Quote Originally Posted by GGLC View Post
    ...Except you have to see the scoreboard crawl under every live game to remind you of the result you'd rather forget.
    Yeah. It definitely takes a couple of days.