Thread: Roll Call!

Roll Call!

Who else is gonna be at the RBC, um, PNC noonish Friday?

-jk

I really want to be there. Working on changing my schedule to make it possible.

Any one have any insightful suggestions about the best way to get tickets? Should I resort to stubhub?

My husband and I will be there!

Quote Originally Posted by timmy c View Post
    Any one have any insightful suggestions about the best way to get tickets? Should I resort to stubhub?
    http://ev10.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncomm...format=grpMenu

I plan to be there with my Dad just waiting on a response to a PM string to start setting things in motion.
    Bob Green

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Who else is gonna be at the RBC, um, PNC noonish Friday?

-jk
    Ah, ESA.

Yea, I'll be there, but you knew that already.

Thursday's practice

If anybody's interested, Duke's practice Thursday is open to the public -- free of charge.

The doors open at 11 a.m. ... Mercer works out at noon. Duke takes the floor from 1:30-2:10.

So if you can take a long lunch hour, check it out ...

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    I am there! Have a ticket for Friday and working on one for Sunday. I may have a chance at getting lower level seats for Sunday but I only need one of the two for sell. Shoot me a pm if you would be interested in the other ticket.

Edit: Are there any UVA fans lurking that would want two lower level tickets for their game in Session 1?

Quote Originally Posted by timmy c View Post
    I really want to be there. Working on changing my schedule to make it possible.

Typically, on-site scalping to the afternoon first round (still can't abide play-in games as first round) games is cheap if you're not too picky.

-jk

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Typically, on-site scalping to the afternoon first round (still can't abide play-in games as first round) games is cheap if you're not too picky.

-jk
    Upper corners still available at the website linked earlier in this thread. (That's for Sunday, when both Duke and UVa should be playing.)

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    Upper corners still available at the website linked earlier in this thread. (That's for Sunday, when both Duke and UVa should be playing.)
    Shout out to DU82! I had the pleasure of meeting him at the Saturday session in which he gave me an extra ticket that he had. This man is very passionate about Duke sports and knowledgeable. So knowledgeable that he tried to help explain the rules to some NC State fans to no avail. I had a great time sitting with him and hearing all of his stories about Duke and Duke basketball. Name a Duke game and he had probably been there. If you go to Raleigh and you haven't met him yet, you need to find him and introduce yourself. Thanks again DU82 and I hope to see you in Raleigh! Go Blue Devils!

Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    Shout out to DU82! I had the pleasure of meeting him at the Saturday session in which he gave me an extra ticket that he had. This man is very passionate about Duke sports and knowledgeable. So knowledgeable that he tried to help explain the rules to some NC State fans to no avail. I had a great time sitting with him and hearing all of his stories about Duke and Duke basketball. Name a Duke game and he had probably been there. If you go to Raleigh and you haven't met him yet, you need to find him and introduce yourself. Thanks again DU82 and I hope to see you in Raleigh! Go Blue Devils!
    Yeah, DU82 is da man!

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    Yeah, DU82 is da man!

-jk
    I will third this compliment! DU82 is the man!. However, there is that one small matter of my current "streak". I have attended one NCAA tourney game in my life. Got the ticket from DU82 and sat with him. (lehigh). I have attended one ACC Tourney game which was yesterday. Scalped with DU82 but did not get to sit with him. I am still 0 for 2.

I am changing that dadgum karma this weekend dadgummit!!

I'll be there, most likely in a Mercer Hat and Duke shirt.. Or the other way around. Haven't figured that out yet. Maybe I'll just go neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichabod Drain View Post
    I'll be there, most likely in a Mercer Hat and Duke shirt.. Or the other way around. Haven't figured that out yet. Maybe I'll just go neutral.
    No neutral allowed! Wear them both and cheer for Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    No neutral allowed! Wear them both and cheer for Duke!
    Assuming he's a Mercer grad I hope he pulls for Mercer. I would without question pull for Elon were they matched up against each other in the tourney. Regular season game is a little more questionable...weirdly I was pulling for Duke when the two last played in football despite the fact that I was in an Elon Marching Band uniform at the time (received several "love taps" for cheering at the wrong time during that game)...college fandom can be tricky. For me it has to do with who has the most to lose or gain in a given setting (regular season football loss is crushing for Duke, tourney win would be historic and memorable all time for Elon in basketball). That's the best I can do at justifying my feelings. Grew up in Durham a lifelong Duke fan, with family ties to the hospital (part of the University as far as I'm concerned) and non-student Duke fans in the family going all the way back to my grandparents, although I never attended myself, as far as I'm concerned Duke is Durham's team and I won't hear any arguments to the contrary from Durhamites who pull for the Pack or that other team out of anything other than direct affiliation. Any Duke grad who didn't grow up a Duke fan should understand the ties one might feel to their alma mater and the conflict with their lifetime (or however long) fandom of another team.
    Last edited by Acymetric; 03-17-2014 at 10:18 PM.

Heading down Friday, bringing the golf clubs for Saturday, but nervous about what CBS will do to the TV times on Sunday. See ya! (wait, what?!?)