Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    On a note of levity, Coach K's marker does have a Twitter account.

https://twitter.com/coachk_pen

"I'm worried Rasheed will take out his anger on me"... if you can't laugh at yourself, right?

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    gonna be a #3 now i'd imagine.
    Probably a #7, according to Palm.

I do feel like VA was allowed to be a heck of a lot more physical, especially in the post, than we were. Jabari took it hard many times and was mauled with no calls, while the Cavs were living at the line the entire day. Tough to win any game when your opponent goes to the FF line 25+ times more than you. It's just asking too much.

No shame in losing to this UVA team. Congrats to them on a great season, and on their ACC championship.

I can think of a lot of ACC teams that I would have hated losing to more.

Time for us to focus on the Big Dance.

UVA Good, Refs Bad

I like this UVA team. They are a machine.

38 - 11 ...Duke FTs vs UVA Fts.

The refs made it about them. Shame on them.

We can be fragile emotionally. Need to get focused...and angry in the NCAAs.

Some how, I'm not that upset about this game. The better team won today. I have a very hard time not liking Bennett and this UVA team. They are the definition of a 'team'.

UVA is the best team in the ACC. And I don't think it's very debatable.

However, there is still 3 weeks left. And I think Duke has the much higher ceiling.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by turnandburn55 View Post
    if you can't laugh at yourself, right?
    We as a fanbase don't do nearly as much of this as we should.

Quote Originally Posted by Kjeffrey View Post
    VA played a great game but that game was well within our reach. We missed too many close shots which I assume was because the players were exhausted. I did not agree with some of the substitution patterns. Dre should have seen more time.
    And Marshall.

One of the most frustrating Duke games I have seen in a while. EVERYTHING went Virginia's way.

UVA is tough

Well coached and experienced.

I think they will be a tough out in the NCAATOURNAMENT.

Weak T will hurt Duke.

SoCal

11. Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    I don't think it's fatigue. I think Duke played good defense until the fouls started piling up. Then it became tentative defense.
    I agree that we played good defense most of the game.

Fatigue affected our offense. Rodney was often short and Sulaimon couldn't get into the lane and finish. It also affected our defense in that we committed way too many fouls and didn't always block out, which imply a lack of focus. (Then again, we've been doing that all season, so maybe not that.)

The only two players who I thought played strong with fresh energy were Amile and Parker, though Amile faded a bit in the second half.

I'm ready to get out of ACC play so we can get away from ACC refs. Has Jabari, as the refs see it, gotten fouled a single time in ACC play?

It was a good game, very similar to the losses to Kansas and Arizona early in the year. In the game all the way, but the other team makes the plays in the last few minutes to win the game. Pretty happy with how the team played, just wish we could have stepped up in the last 3 minutes to get what would have been a great win.

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    I saw a Final Four team out there. Naturally, it was Virginia.
    I don't know what to say, but there was a lot of fire. There were a lot of opportunities left out on the court. Dre saw very little time, even when players were tired and we weren't playing much D. I saw so many possessions where we didn't even box out and I just can't help but to hope that we focus on blocking out. Whether you are big or not, you can do that.

Jabari, for all of his positives could end up with a career that features no titles, if he doesn't win a national championship. Maybe it will make him want to stay, if we don't win a title. Either that or WIN THE FREAKING GAMES FROM HERE ON OUT!

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Some how, I'm not that upset about this game. The better team won today. I have a very hard time not liking Bennett and this UVA team. They are the definition of a 'team'.

UVA is the best team in the ACC. And I don't think it's very debatable.

However, there is still 3 weeks left. And I think Duke has the much higher ceiling.
    I guess people are forgetting that Duke handled UVA pretty easily in Cameron. That score was only close because UVA had a frantic comeback.

And today, tons of lead changes all game. UVA pulled away at the end, but this game wasn't decided until the final minute or so. I wouldn't call UVA decidedly better.

Bennett such a fine coach. Excellent game plan, players execute so well. Confident without splashy behavior. I have posted - too often, I admit - that relentlessness is the emotional factor I most value, I guess in all sports. UVA has it. Duke needs it, or something close, during the next weeks. Without it next weekend, there might not be a second weekend.

Truly heartfelt, admiring congratulations to UVA, absolutely the deserving team this day, and all during the ACC season. Hope they make the Final Four.

Not quite as much as I hope Duke makes it.

Thumbs down Refs 72, Duke 63

That's all I can say.

ricks

The new rules emphases make them call fouls on our aggressive pressure D, which we can't play super effectively, and they were indeed fouls for the most part. But Jabari Parker is a great kid, who doesn't complain or anything, and every time he touches the ball in the post, he gets hammered. Apparently it's not a foul if if it takes place in the post. UVA played well, Rodney was dog tired from chasing Warren and Harris all over hell and high-water, you could tell that on the shots in the paint that he missed today and hasn't missed all year.

Maybe we are finally going to be due to beat a team that is "better" than Duke late in the tournament, because it hasn't happened yet this year. (away from Cameron of course).

I'm proud of them playing hard. Congrats to UVA for winning the title in the one year out of ever six that they will have the opportunity to do so.
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

Not a lot to say here. I think we played to our potential. This is one that probably could have gone either way.

I don't think we can or should ask much more of this team. Again, I am happy that we are playing at our potential and I do not doubt that it can take us pretty far in the tournament. Go Blue!

"Hey, you know what? Since it's the Championship game, let's let 'em play it out to decide the winner."

--- Among the things not heard in the referee room before the game.

38 - 11 on free throw attempts. Wow.