Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    How to defend TJ Warren? How to beat them on board? You guys are all wrong. To beat Packs, you need to beat their PG. That is it.

Since the 15:00 mark, State has missed two shots from the field. They got the offensive rebound and scored off each one. They've had 1(!!!!) empty possession in the last 12 minutes (a missed Warren front end).
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

I just have the feeling that State is about to blow this wide open. We're making a huge mistake not getting out on the ball handler at the halfcourt line.

Quote Originally Posted by Henderson View Post
    T.J. Warren. Good player.
    Jabari Parker is better.

A stop! Fantastic - let's turn it into a streak.

I'm thankful that I don't watch games live any more. It's just WAY too frustrating. If they win, I'll watch the recording.

If you want some comic relief, go over to the "#1 Seed" thread to see how many people are still drinking the kool-aid.

Now of course, ANY game can have ANY result. If you think you have some grand insight into how any game will turn out - well, you really don't. And please - PLEASE - don't say that other teams are "scared" to play us. They're not.

I guess that, in addition to hacking Jabari with impunity, you are now allowed to trip him, too?! WTH?

There was a heck of a lot of not-ball on that Vandenburg "block".

wow

State shooting 68% for the half!

Olé Defense

I'd like to see Jabari getting to defend with Okafor behind him. I think it would make a world of difference having a premier center to take some of the pressure off of him.

Nice half by Cook.

Omg, what was Cook doing at the end of the half?!????

thank goodness

that half is over

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    I guess that, in addition to hacking Jabari with impunity, you are now allowed to trip him, too?! WTH?
    Two points, takedown!

15. Quinn Cook with the ball in his hands with the seconds left on the clock = argh.

He needs to pass it earlier for Hood, Parker or even Rasheed to make the final play.

Also wish he did a better job on Barber.

But otherwise, a good half for Quinn especially when it comes to shooting.

Pretty poor effort they better bring it in the 2nd half or they will get blown out in the 2nd half

Quote Originally Posted by Utley View Post
    Nice half by Cook.
    Minus his on ball defense.

Comments too harsh

I think you have to give Warren some credit for making some tough shots and realize that Cat Barber just isn't a good shooter normally. We can live with his taking those shots, and they could be fool's gold.

I would like to see Dawkins. It seems like each year when it becomes clear that he'll get pulled quickly if he's not hot right away, it becomes a self-fulfilling prophesy.

Quinn has had some weak end of half possessions this year, but played well up to that point.

Quote Originally Posted by jipops View Post
    That may have been our worst defensive half if the year.
    Well, worst defensive first half at least. Last night's second half gives this one a run for its money.

I am the first to criticize our defense but...the other team still has to make shots. Of course, it's easier to make layups (of which we give up a lot!) but I have to give State credit for some very good shooting thus far.