Was it wrestling that caused Benoit to snap?

Did the actions in the ring cause it? Although it is purely entertainment and the outcomes of the matches are know ahead of time, wrestlers do get injured legitimately.

Pro wrestler Chris Benoit suffered head trauma from his years in the ring that could help explain why he killed his wife, son and himself, a doctor who studied his brain said Wednesday.

The analysis by doctors affiliated with the Sports Legacy Institute suggests that repeated concussions could have contributed to the killings at Benoit's suburban Atlanta home, though there was no way to know for sure.

"Whether it is the sole factor, I believe, is speculation, and I will not go there," said Dr. Robert Cantu, a member of the Waltham, Mass.-based institute, which researches the long-term effects of concussions.SIZE="2"][Source][/SIZE]

True, scripted violence doesn't always come off as planned and injuries happen. Still, I've heard of 'roid range but not concussion rage. Such a senseless waste of life.

hmm...

'roid rage combined with blackouts from the concussions?

Previous injuries certainly could have contributed to Benoit's addiction/overuse of steroids (for recovery) and painkillers. He had several pretty serious injuries over his career, including a broken neck, injured back and ribs, and at least one leg and one arm injury that put him out for significant time.

Quote Originally Posted by cspan37421 View Post
    True, scripted violence doesn't always come off as planned and injuries happen. Still, I've heard of 'roid range but not concussion rage. Such a senseless waste of life.
    the problem is while the outcome was scripted I'm not sure the moves were. If you watch closely you can see them discussing the moves as they go through it.