Thumbs up To Duke BB players everywhere!

I was inspired to start this thread by BD80's thread about Shane's # being retired at his high school.

I know that all our guys and gals playing in the NBA/WNBA and overseas often log on to DBR (...of course...it's the best website on the planet), so I thought it would be nice to tell all these folk how much they mean to us.

So...former Duke players: THANK YOU for all the wonderful moments and hours we have shared with you. THANK YOU for being true student-athletes. THANK YOU for giving back and behaving yourselves as professionals and showing how a Dukie can be a true model for boys and girls around the globe.

Well, enough said. Keep on, keeping on.

Quote Originally Posted by dukemomLA View Post
    I was inspired to start this thread by BD80's thread about Shane's # being retired at his high school.

I know that all our guys and gals playing in the NBA/WNBA and overseas often log on to DBR (...of course...it's the best website on the planet), so I thought it would be nice to tell all these folk how much they mean to us.

So...former Duke players: THANK YOU for all the wonderful moments and hours we have shared with you. THANK YOU for being true student-athletes. THANK YOU for giving back and behaving yourselves as professionals and showing how a Dukie can be a true model for boys and girls around the globe.

Well, enough said. Keep on, keeping on.
    Great thread, great sentiments. I agree and send this out to all former players who no longer lace them up but served as such great student - athlets and great people.

Exactly!

So many of you have given us much to live up to and rarely anything to live down!!! Bless your hearts!!!!
    Love, Ima

Completely agree!! Anytime the Dukies are on the tube it brings my day to a halt and I can soak in the glory of being a Blue-Devil fan. Go Blue!!