Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

AP Poll 3/03/2014

Looks like Duke to #4, UVA to #5, 'Cuse drops to #7 in the poll released today.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...8/seasontype/2

Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post
    Looks like Duke to #4, UVA to #5, 'Cuse drops to #7 in the poll released today.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...8/seasontype/2
    #5 UVA
    #6 Nova
    #18 SMU

#22 Michigan State
    #25 Kentucky

Every year there are teams that turn out better or worse than expected, but I have to say that a poll on 3/3 with those five rankings just blows me away.

Quote Originally Posted by TexHawk View Post
    #5 UVA
    #6 Nova
    #18 SMU

#22 Michigan State
    #25 Kentucky

Every year there are teams that turn out better or worse than expected, but I have to say that a poll on 3/3 with those five rankings just blows me away.
    Agreed - it *is* shocking that Kentucky is still ranked.

The P Word

Parity. No one is running away with this thing.

The currrent (4) and future (5) ACC is looking pretty good with top 15 teams!

Go Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    Agreed - it *is* shocking that Kentucky is still ranked.
    Good one.

But if UK played Wichita State (or Iowa State or Creighton) on a neutral floor and you had to bet your kids' college savings on the outcome, which team would you choose?

Quote Originally Posted by fisheyes View Post
    The currrent (4) and future (5) ACC is looking pretty good with top 15 teams!
    Can we just go with "3 of the top 7" (current) and "4 of the top 11" (future)? Why dig into a sewer? The gasses are awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Henderson View Post
    Good one.

But if UK played Wichita State (or Iowa State or Creighton) on a neutral floor and you had to bet your kids' college savings on the outcome, which team would you choose?
    I'd bet against UK.

BAYLOR took down UK. And Cal complained about how tough their schedule was. They have no semblance of composure...

Good one.

Betting any amount of money on kids bouncing a ball is kind of crazy, but Wichita State and Creighton have just been better this year.

Good one.

If that much money is on the line, I'd leave nothing to chance. I'd ask Calipari, "Which team are you betting on?"

Can we just go with "3 of the top 7" (current) and "4 of the top 11" (future)? Why dig into a sewer? The gasses are awful.
    Beat NC State by 1 and Va Tech by 4 and you move up 5 spots in the national polls. Makes sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    Beat NC State by 1 and Va Tech by 4 and you move up 5 spots in the national polls. Makes sense to me.
    In UNC's defense, you can't fault them for the ineptitude that was a significant portion of the Top 25 this past week.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    In UNC's defense, you can't fault them for the ineptitude that was a significant portion of the Top 25 this past week.
    To be fair, I don't think Cincy (loss @UConn) or Iowa St (loss @Kansas St) should have dropped below UNC. But UNC absolutely should have jumped St. Louis (losses to Duquesne and @VCU), Kentucky (Arkansas and @South Carolina), and Michigan State (Illinois).

Sometimes, it's a war of attrition.

I am guessing that everyone here has seen the new KenPom rankings that have Virginia as the 2nd best team in the country, right? They are absolutely in the running for a #1 seed. In fact, I am pretty sure we have reached the point where if Duke, UVA, or Syracuse win out and win the ACC tourney, that team will get a #1 seed.

-Jason "the mid-lower parts of the ACC may not be as good as they were in the 80s and 90s, but the top is really strong at this point" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Good one.

I have no doubt Creighton would win that game. I don't know much about WSU or ISU though.

Anybody notice the similarity between the AP poll and the coaches poll? They both rank the same twenty five teams, but a very few of them vary slightly in their positions. Take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
    Anybody notice the similarity between the AP poll and the coaches poll? They both rank the same twenty five teams, but a very few of them vary slightly in their positions. Take a look.
    That's as close as I can recall to them mirroring each other. Interesting anomaly.

4th straight week Duke has been in the Top 10 of the AP Poll. A new streak has started.

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    I'd bet against UK.

BAYLOR took down UK. And Cal complained about how tough their schedule was. They have no semblance of composure...
    Think it's safe to say the shine is off the apple...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Think it's safe to say the shine is off the apple...
    Maybe they're starting to realize that they have really been polishing a turd these last few years.